Blood movie project

Feel the urge to display your handiwork?

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

Vanargand
Fanatic

Re: Blood movie project

Post by Vanargand »

Caleb88 wrote:THIS is what I call a FAN!
I know what to wear next carnival. :guns:
Well, all that it takes to make this movie, even if its small on budjet, you at least need a fan to do it! Im just glad I met so many fans here! Not to mention Ransu and is great work on the music! :-) Thanks to all of you for beeing here!
Vanargand
Fanatic

Post by Vanargand »

Now what might Caleb see in that television??
Caleb88
Cultist

Post by Caleb88 »

Does Caleb now have short or long hair?
On some of the pictures you can google and on the videos in Blood1 he has very short hair and a rather.."young" face

....while on other pictures and fan-artworks he has longer hair with some gray, an older face and looks much more frightening, brutal and simply.....better.
I personally prefer this type of Caleb:
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

Eh, I prefer the short hair Caleb, he looks more reserved and practical. But no need for a long argument over aesthetics. :wink:
Vanargand
Fanatic

Post by Vanargand »

Concerning the hair, I actualy did put the question in this forum wether Caleb should have long or short hair. Only one answer came and it was for short hair. We too believed it was more like the original Blood. But for the movies, Calebs hair can still grow in the future if that is desired so! :-) In that case, if someone could point out a nice source for wig's, meaning not to expensive but good looking, long, messy hair, I'd be gratefull! Found nothing but s*** so far!
Caleb88
Cultist

Post by Caleb88 »

Oh, keep the actual look, that is definitely better!!! The long-haired version would also require a special kind of face I think, where in this case the face you have perfectly matches Calebs short-haired type.

The long haired character more matches Reverend Ray from the Call of Juarez-Games. Only take some red eyes and change the bible to a shotgun, make the hat and coat a bit darker and you have the perfect Caleb V2.0

EDIT:
Hell yeah I just did it, I inspirated myself. :guns:
Some work in GIMP and Caleb lives! I put some work on this wallpaper.
( I should have changed the bible to a bloody heart^^)
dosgamer000
Acolyte

Post by dosgamer000 »

Caleb88 wrote:Does Caleb now have short or long hair?
On some of the pictures you can google and on the videos in Blood1 he has very short hair and a rather.."young" face

....while on other pictures and fan-artworks he has longer hair with some gray, an older face and looks much more frightening, brutal and simply.....better.
I personally prefer this type of Caleb:
That first image was my wallpaper for a while :) . I read somewhere that originally Caleb was supposed to have hair (not sure if long or not) instead of being bald like you see in the Blood 1 intro. Because of BUILD engine limitations, they could put hair on him. I drew Caleb hairless (a la Blood 1) and Caleb with slightly long, tattered hair (a la Blood 2) and never really favored none of them. I do prefer his rather simplistic Blood 1 attire compared to the complicated ammo belts and chaps he has in the sequel.
Vanargand wrote:Concerning the hair, I actualy did put the question in this forum wether Caleb should have long or short hair. Only one answer came and it was for short hair. We too believed it was more like the original Blood. But for the movies, Calebs hair can still grow in the future if that is desired so! :-) In that case, if someone could point out a nice source for wig's, meaning not to expensive but good looking, long, messy hair, I'd be gratefull! Found nothing but s*** so far!
I found something on amazon.com

It probably doesn't look anything like Caleb's hair in Blood 2 but it seems to be a start and in the right area:

Perhaps if you tatter it to look withered and grey it to look aged it'll be more closer to Caleb. Keep in mind I know next to nothing about fashion.
Caleb88 wrote:Oh, keep the actual look, that is definitely better!!! The long-haired version would also require a special kind of face I think, where in this case the face you have perfectly matches Calebs short-haired type.

The long haired character more matches Reverend Ray from the Call of Juarez-Games. Only take some red eyes and change the bible to a shotgun, make the hat and coat a bit darker and you have the perfect Caleb V2.0

EDIT:
Hell yeah I just did it, I inspirated myself. :guns:
Some work in GIMP and Caleb lives! I put some work on this wallpaper.
( I should have changed the bible to a bloody heart^^)

That looks pretty awesome! :D
Last edited by dosgamer000 on Sat May 19, 2012 06:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vanargand
Fanatic

Post by Vanargand »

the reverent pic definetly is cool! :-)
Concerning the wig, seems like a good deal! However, Caleb wont get long hair in the first 5 Episodes. Perhaps if we continue after we shal use that to get another look for him!
Caleb88
Cultist

Post by Caleb88 »

That artwork-manipulation-thing was a good idea I think, I just finished a new artwork for my game, created the same way^^
I even added a voodoo doll :evillaugh:

Maybe I could create one with short hair too for your movie if you like =)
I am not the best GIMP-expert but I think I could make something for you if you like.
RedDaemonfox
Axe Zombie

Post by RedDaemonfox »

Hey, I replied to you YT video with an offer of my voice. I'm not too terribly accurate, but I could manage with some practice, if necessary. I also happen to know some actors who may be interested. Here is me saying some of my favorite Caleb quotes: http://vocaroo.com/i/s0LG7XSbySij .
Vanargand
Fanatic

Post by Vanargand »

RedDaemonfox wrote:Hey, I replied to you YT video with an offer of my voice. I'm not too terribly accurate, but I could manage with some practice, if necessary. I also happen to know some actors who may be interested. Here is me saying some of my favorite Caleb quotes: http://vocaroo.com/i/s0LG7XSbySij .
Hi! First of all thanks for your interests so far! :-)
If the actual voice that is used in the movies is to be replaced, then by "the voice"! So the more choice we have, the more chance of finding that voice! If its a good voice but doesnt match Caleb, we will leave it as it is! If you want some practice, I propose you try to voice over some of the text Caleb has in Calebs awakening!? Then send it to this forum once more for everyone to evaluate! I'm going to give this forum much choice in the matter! Tell me what you think and thanks for your reply! :-)
Vanargand
Fanatic

Post by Vanargand »

Caleb88 wrote:Maybe I could create one with short hair too for your movie if you like =)
I am not the best GIMP-expert but I think I could make something for you if you like.
Sounds like a neat idea! :-) Just keep it within Blood! I'm not so eager putting edited pictures of other games/movies into the project. Someone will complain about having his campfire p*** in because we stole his favorite characters image and "violated it! Well you know, those strange "fan"atics out there! But having Blood pics with individual touch in it to put in intros, trailers, scenes... would be awesome! :-)
And you mentione Voodoo doll, in a later episode Caleb is supposed to actualy find one. Just as with most things I though to be easy to find, I just couldnt find any that looks good for Blood! Any sujestions there?
RedDaemonfox
Axe Zombie

Post by RedDaemonfox »

Vanargand,

Definitely still interested. I'll sit down after term is over on the 25th and do some more voice acting from Caleb's Awakening, then post it here. I think it should be up to the other Bloodites comments at your discretion, in addition to your own taste. We also need to spread the word on PostMortem and elsewhere of this project, to bring its publicity up. I do have a piece of advice, and that is do not use any direct voices from either game, doing so may violate the copyright.
Vanargand
Fanatic

Post by Vanargand »

RedDaemonfox wrote: I do have a piece of advice, and that is do not use any direct voices from either game, doing so may violate the copyright.
As far as I am informed, as long as you do not take any form of credit (especialy money) for the voices and music, should be ok! :-)
RedDaemonfox
Axe Zombie

Post by RedDaemonfox »

Hey Kurt, just letting you know I am, in fact, alive and well as of today. Just gotta find some time off work to quote the lines and upload to vocaroo. But it shall be done.