Blood movie project

Feel the urge to display your handiwork?

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

Ransu
Cheetah

Re: Blood movie project

Post by Ransu »

Try seeing if Stephan Weyte would be willing to do some voice work. He did say that he would return to voice Caleb again if given the offer. I really do not know if he'd want you to pay him or not, but it wouldn't hurt to ask. :)
Caleb88
Cultist

Post by Caleb88 »

Damn, that website-thing is amazing! He can change his voice so freaking cool. I think I will try to capture some of my voice too and work over it with an audio-software, maybe I get something we can use :guns:
Vanargand
Fanatic

Post by Vanargand »

Caleb88 wrote:Damn, that website-thing is amazing! He can change his voice so freaking cool. I think I will try to capture some of my voice too and work over it with an audio-software, maybe I get something we can use :guns:
Witch software do you mean? I would be interested too!
Vanargand
Fanatic

Post by Vanargand »

Ransu wrote:Try seeing if Stephan Weyte would be willing to do some voice work. He did say that he would return to voice Caleb again if given the offer. I really do not know if he'd want you to pay him or not, but it wouldn't hurt to ask. :)
Sounds like an idea! Any clue how to contact the guy?
Vanargand
Fanatic

Post by Vanargand »

Vanargand wrote:
Ransu wrote:Try seeing if Stephan Weyte would be willing to do some voice work. He did say that he would return to voice Caleb again if given the offer. I really do not know if he'd want you to pay him or not, but it wouldn't hurt to ask. :)
Sounds like an idea! Any clue how to contact the guy?
Never mind, found it through your link and wrote him a mail! Now lets see what follows! 8)
Caleb88
Cultist

Post by Caleb88 »

Vanargand wrote:
Caleb88 wrote:Damn, that website-thing is amazing! He can change his voice so freaking cool. I think I will try to capture some of my voice too and work over it with an audio-software, maybe I get something we can use :guns:
Witch software do you mean? I would be interested too!
I am using AUDACITY for this, an old but free and good sound editor. I also use it for the zombie-sounds of my game.
Vanargand
Fanatic

Post by Vanargand »

Caleb88 wrote:I am using AUDACITY for this, an old but free and good sound editor. I also use it for the zombie-sounds of my game.
Thanks! Downloaded it and am experimenting now. There is quite a lot to fidle around!
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

I still have to laugh when Windows users finally discover Audacity. :roll:
Vanargand
Fanatic

Post by Vanargand »

Tchernobog wrote:I still have to laugh when Windows users finally discover Audacity. :roll:
Well, no matter how obvious something is, you alwais first need to discover it! ;-) I must have past by it several times, because I was exactly looking for a program like this! :-D
Vanargand
Fanatic

Post by Vanargand »

Got an answer form Stephan Weyte. Sadly there are license issues keeping him from doing this voice over! Monolith might give him trouble if he does! :-(
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

Figured that was probably likely. Nice to know he is reachable though.
Caleb88
Cultist

Post by Caleb88 »

Then it's our turn to experiment and create a new smooth kill-friendly voice. I will give it a try together with audacity :)
Vanargand
Fanatic

Post by Vanargand »

Lets try to make our projects good enough to raise attention at Monolith, or whoever has the rights now! Blood needs to be in sight again! :guns:
dosgamer000
Acolyte

Post by dosgamer000 »

Vanargand wrote:Lets try to make our projects good enough to raise attention at Monolith, or whoever has the rights now! Blood needs to be in sight again! :guns:
That's freakin' right! :guns: Blood has so much potential for new games. I just got done playing old Command and Conquer games about a day ago I thought of a Blood RTS. The Chosen's army (red, the color of blood and Caleb's eyes) with Blood 2 monsters (shikari, drudges) and the Cabal (blue, Tchernobog's fire color) with all their Blood 1 stuff. It takes place after a theoretical Blood 3 after the Chosen defeat the Cabal and recruit the Ancient One creatures to their side. Stuff happens, the Cabal is still around and wage war on the Chosen. The Chosen mostly rely on brute force tactics due to their army being a global superpower while the Cabal must fight from the shadows due to being outnumbered.
Caleb88 wrote:Then it's our turn to experiment and create a new smooth kill-friendly voice. I will give it a try together with audacity :)
I impersonate Caleb a lot and I think I sound alot like him. But hearing yourself talk and hearing a recording of yourself is way different from what I experienced. I don't have any recording equipment either so it wouldn't matter if I sounded good or not.
Tchernobog wrote:Figured that was probably likely. Nice to know he is reachable though.
Yeah, I don't see Stephen Weyte doing too many roles nowadays. I think he still gets work but it isn't really listed on sites like imdb. The last game role I remember was the colonel in Metroid: Other M. Shame though, because there is really no voice actor with a voice like his that I know. He was in a movie (Mixing Karma) that I would like to see sometime in the future. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0411670/
Vanargand
Fanatic

Post by Vanargand »

http://www.facebook.com/#!/MonolithProductions
Everyone put on his desire for a next Blood game! :-) We need a lot of voices! Get all the fellow Blood fans that are not in this forum too! As much as you can!