Any Transfusion Servers?

Want to spill some blood? Let others know and coordinate here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

Krypto
Cultist

Any Transfusion Servers?

Post by Krypto »

I was just wondering if their were any Transfusion servers that i could play on, i'd love to have a match with all you bloodites :D now i've had a look at the topics below. But they were posted a while back, so im not sure if their still going.

Anyways when i connect to a server do i just do it classic quake style? Type it in the Multiplayer menu/ Connect *address* in the console.
Drakan

Necv Xouhkot

Post by Drakan »

Yep, it's all Quake styled. And there SHOULD be at least a couple of servers floating around.
Krypto
Cultist

Post by Krypto »

Do you guys just play with 1.1beta3 and patch, or with the menu update and latest darkplaces?
Drakan

Necv Xouhkot

Post by Drakan »

Yeah, the Beta 3 and patch should do it.
Krypto
Cultist

Post by Krypto »

That was a fun match Me and Drakan had on Winter Wonderland. Tho i do feel quite bad about his ping :evillaugh: ah well GG hope to do it again sometime.
demon
Rat

Post by demon »

hi all :)

i am new to this forum and the site (i found it yesterday :)). I am shocked that there are so many blood1 fans - i thought this game died - really ;(. But thats not true - it lives... again ^^. I admire the Transfusion project - its nice to play blood1 again using high resolution and great visual effects :). Since yesterday i've read a lot of topics in this forum in order to take bloodbath again ;).

I've installed beta3 with the patch and since yesterday i've been trying to play online. When i try "join a game" there is only one server called "Morten Oesterlund Joergensen's server" - i managed to connect to it, but there are only bots playing - i managed to kick them and stayed alone :(. I'd like to play with real players - am i doing anything wrong or is there only this one server with noone online? Can somebody check it for me?
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

Welcome to the forum demon.

Servers with actual players tend to be a rare commodity, unless of course players take the time to organize a match, you would think they are waiting for Beta 4 or something. Anyway, it's good to hear that you were able to connect with a server online.
demon
Rat

Post by demon »

Cruaich wrote: Servers with actual players tend to be a rare commodity, unless of course players take the time to organize a match, you would think they are waiting for Beta 4 or something. Anyway, it's good to hear that you were able to connect with a server online.
Finally i found IRC channel of Transfusion yesterday and i played bloodbath with guys met there :) (we played on this Morten's server which is usually active)

So if there is anybody willing to take bloodbath, let's organize at irc://irc.anynet.org/transfusion :) (the most suitable time for me is 11pm, GMT+1)

cya :guns:
scar3crow
kvlt-anaatmanah

Post by scar3crow »

That would be 5pm for me... I might be able to swing that this Wednesday or Friday, I work 5pm to 10pm (11pm to 4am your time) most nights. Over at Inside3d Sajt specifically told me to get up with him if we ever organize a match, I think hes been wanting to try Bloodbath.

Sadly due to servers and such right now, ping seems to be the largest deciding factor in the matches =\
Willis

Master of the Mask
Lead Programmer

Post by Willis »

scar3crow wrote:Sadly due to servers and such right now, ping seems to be the largest deciding factor in the matches =\
Especially since we don't have a release utilizing any of the prediction code yet ;(

I had somewhat decided I won't launch any server below 1.1beta4, but at the rate things are going, I may have to break that :(
Dekkion
Axe Zombie

Post by Dekkion »

yes! a server with american cable pings is now up again.
"Bloodbath in Michigan"
it is ona home comp, so it does go out some during the day, but after 4pm it's usually on till whenever.
weekends all day

enjoy