Some beta 3 bugs and adjustments.

This is the place where information regarding beta releases will be. Discussion about bugs, changes, or questions should be posted here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

Toddd
Axe Zombie

Post by Toddd »

I fixed the problem with the gibs - now they have all blood trails:
http://www.mypse.de/files/objects.zip

@ the guy who is managing all this: please update the gibs for the next beta.

BUG!

Post by Guest »

Hey :!: I have a bug to report,

I was playing TRANSFUSION 1.1B3, and suddenly it froze. It almost crushed my computer. I was in the map after the one with the Graveyard; I was in the middle of firing my SewedOff, and someone was screaming like a little girl. I could not really get a screenshot for one reason or another...

PS,
My framerate is 20 - 34 fps, Why? I want 40 - 50!
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

did it do anything other than just freez? And has it happened since? I had this happen once while playing the DarkPlaces (the Quake engine we use for Transfusion) mod on Quake but it was after some 3 hours or play (and on an older build of DarkPlaces) If it happens again, hit your CD eject button and see if that knocks it back into working order.
)))000(((
Cultist

Another bug

Post by )))000((( »

GOD DAMMIT! IT QUIT ON ME!!!!!

It Says,

HOST-EROR: CL_PARSESERVERMASSAGE: BAD SERVER MASSAGE
PACKET DUMP:

(INSERT A FEW HUNDRED USELESS NUMBERS AND LETTERS HERE)

PS,
Whacha tallking obout CDz? Transfusion does not require no CDz!
Willis

Master of the Mask
Lead Programmer

Re: BUG!

Post by Willis »

Anonymous wrote:Hey :!: I have a bug to report,

I was playing TRANSFUSION 1.1B3, and suddenly it froze. It almost crushed my computer. I was in the map after the one with the Graveyard; I was in the middle of firing my SewedOff, and someone was screaming like a little girl. I could not really get a screenshot for one reason or another...

PS,
My framerate is 20 - 34 fps, Why? I want 40 - 50!
There are still a few networking bugs that need to be fixed that are causing packet dumps that will cause periodic freezes and the occasional crash, which are always being looked into.

As for the frames per seconds, its always conditional, depending on your card and what options you choose.
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

)))000(((, it has nothing to do with haveing a CD in your tray or not. It's a really odd bug that DarkPlaces has or had with the actual hardware detection.

Post by Guest »

ANOTHER BUG!!!!

When I was playing one of the deathmach maps a weird and enoying sound arose (it was pain to my ears). I could not hear anything else. Then it was stuck, again! I can not play the game fer more than a few minutes withou something going wrong.

MY SYS,

AMD ATHLON 3000
512 DDR SDRAM (333Mhz)
GeForce 4 MX (64 RAM)
NVIDIA NFORCE

PS,
WHAT IS UP WITH THE HORRIBLE LAG???!!!
)))000(((
Cultist

Post by )))000((( »

Oooups! That was me above...
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

was it on BB3? There was a problem with that map and how it had 4 seperate points of origin for the ambient sounds. It was a bug with DarkPlaces and we've just addressed it. If it's there with the next release let us know.
Elric
Cabal member

Post by Elric »

Cruaich wrote:was it on BB3? There was a problem with that map and how it had 4 seperate points of origin for the ambient sounds. It was a bug with DarkPlaces and we've just addressed it. If it's there with the next release let us know.
Well, it was mainly a bug in the map IMHO (see my mail to the development list). I don't consider the fact that DP didn't automagically fix it as a "real bug". :roll:
Again, it would be great if a mapper could take a few minutes to remove the 3 extra (and useless) entities which caused that.
I Live...AGAIN
Cabal member

Post by I Live...AGAIN »

Predator is fixing that problem with BB3. We talked about it the other day.
predator
Lead Mapper

Post by predator »

Yes, I'll have it uploaded to the ftp in two days.
Necrosis
Bubble Wrap Man
*not Canadian*

Post by Necrosis »

Old thread, I know, but I have something to pitch in. The tesla cannon fires WAY too fast. It's firing around double speed, I think.

Also, new avatar. :)
boss429
Cabal member

Post by boss429 »

I noticed when a glass window shatters the bullet holes still stay there floating in the air.
Jethro
Fanatic

Post by Jethro »

Turning on RT_WORLD causes EXTREME loss of framerate and strange lightning bugs (lights 'leaking' through the walls).
Also I've crashed the game by using lights switch on E1M1.