Some beta 3 bugs and adjustments.

This is the place where information regarding beta releases will be. Discussion about bugs, changes, or questions should be posted here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

Jethro
Fanatic

Post by Jethro »

There is one server running in a moment (it was running yesterday also)> Every time I log in i can play through e1m1 with no problem, but whein it comes to e1m2 the game crashes every time I try to spawn. Is there something wrong with my computer?
Jethro
Fanatic

Post by Jethro »

Sorry for double posting

That e1m2 crashing problem is probably because of incompatible versions of tf, because when I start this map everything works fine.
I wanted to share some of my thoughts about weapons:
a) napalm launcher is too underpowered, I can remember crashing hordes of enemies with single shot (also, i remember that they've modified it powers along patches - less damage but it was seting target on fire) but the tf one is much weaker. also, sometimes, napalm balls fly through enemies withdout hitting them. and the thing that made me laugh - you're able to perform napalm-jumps just like you could in quake :D
b) flare gun - i really liked the way how flare gun was lighting enemies in Blood and i must say that i don't like the coronas used in tf - they're too bright and too red - it looks like flare gun is melting enemies instead of burning them. also, fg alt-fire does'nt spawn projectiles and i could not see the star-shaped explosion
c) tommy gun seems a bit too inacurate

that's all for now, I hope you dont think I'm only complaining, I know tf is in early beta version and i just hope my points can help.

EDIT: Oops, now I've noticed that turning off "Use only coronas" and decreasing coronas intensivity solves flare gun problems. Sorry :oops:
predator
Lead Mapper

Post by predator »

Thanks for your comments. :D
There are certainly many things we need to adjust. Some weapons will be corrected, some models and skins will be improved, some maps will be redone - we just need time to fix all that.
You know how it is - so few of us and so many things to do.

As for "use coronas only" it's good you turned it off - it should really be set to 0, otherwise you may have problems seeing flickering lights when new beta arrives.
scirmast
Cultist

Post by scirmast »

Jethro wrote: and the thing that made me laugh - you're able to perform napalm-jumps just like you could in quake :D
This feature is in the original too, tho maybe not as effective as in Quake.
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

Napalm is a lovely propellant in Blood. It is how you get the life seed / super armor combo in BB7: Midgard.
Jethro
Fanatic

Post by Jethro »

Possible in original Blood you say? Well, I've never managed to do the trick (it always killed me instantly), but if you say it's possible then I won't disagree
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

I think it's one of thoes things that you should have napalm chained to the med kit. You also have to time the jump right. Incidentaly I've never sucessfully rocket jumped in Blood either, but I can just about get TNT to boost me up into places I shouldn't be reliably.
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

I have definately rocket jumped in Blood. :) Especially in Bodies up to the life seed. Explosions do not do instant damage, so you have a chance to hit the 'm' key and use your medkit if you have one. Works great with the Deathmask! :)
-Slink
Cruo
Axe Zombie

Post by Cruo »

Cruaich wrote:I think it's one of thoes things that you should have napalm chained to the med kit. You also have to time the jump right. Incidentaly I've never sucessfully rocket jumped in Blood either, but I can just about get TNT to boost me up into places I shouldn't be reliably.
Used to be able to do that -sort of- with prox detonators in Cradle to Grave. The friend I used to play BB with constantly over modem was a huge prox whore. I used to get super armor plus life seed and just run at his prox and double jump. Occasionally you'd get a nice boost.