The dynamite bug

This is the place where information regarding beta releases will be. Discussion about bugs, changes, or questions should be posted here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

Drakan

Necv Xouhkot

The dynamite bug

Post by Drakan »

Yeah, there's a bit of a problem scoring frags with the dynamite class weapons.

Regular dynamite - Primary fire is no problem. Just toss 'er wherever and if it kills someone, you score. Alt fire is a problem though. if it goes off and kills someone, it's counted as a suicide on whoever takes the blast.

Remote bombs - Any that kill count as a suicide to your opponent also.

Proxie Bombs - Haven't really paid a whole lot of attention, but I haven't noticed anything strange either. I'll update you on that when I find out for sure.

1.1beta 3

Just thought I'd let you know.
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

We should check the spray can too then. Thanks for the keen eye.
Drakan

Necv Xouhkot

Post by Drakan »

No problem Cruaich. Just noticed it awhile ago and wondered if it caught anyone else's attention.

Yeah, the spray can's the same. Primary fire means you score a chick, but if you're caught by one used in alt fire mode, you get depressed, kill yourself, and lose a frag. ok ok primary = gain a frag, alt fire= victim isdouble whammied with a "suicide count".
Daedalus
The Dreaming God

Post by Daedalus »

Primary fire means you score a chick
Sixth quote on Transfusion.

There are chicks in Blood?
Drakan

Necv Xouhkot

Post by Drakan »

Seventh actually. You quoted someone one time but apparently missed it. Don't remember where.

And... yes! There are chicks! Ophelia remember? She's just not quite a "Duke Nukem" Styled Chick. More like Western Victoria Gothic or whatever.

But yeah... It was just a stupid figure of speech...
Necrosis
Bubble Wrap Man
*not Canadian*

Post by Necrosis »

Heh... Depression bombs. I'll have to put them into Postal 2 or something... :twisted:
Necrosis
Bubble Wrap Man
*not Canadian*

Post by Necrosis »

As long as the topic is dynamite, does the thing where throwing dynamite on top of people made it not explode exist in Transfusion? It should, it was hilarious.
Daedalus
The Dreaming God

Post by Daedalus »

That's a really interesting quirk that just about everyone knows in Blood. I hate it and love at the same time, as Gollum both hates and loves himself and the Ring of Power.
bethesda
Rat

Post by bethesda »

Edit: take your pills and shove them where they'll do some good...
Drakan

Necv Xouhkot

Post by Drakan »

Right... I'm Hijacking this thread rather than start a new one and adress a couple of things I've put off for TOO LONG!

First, The voodoo doll seems to have no binding button. I don't know if you guys simply skipped this by accident and there's a bind I can type, or if there even is an impulse # to use. Just thought I'd let you know.

Also, when you turn on weapon stay and pick up a bundle of TNT, it seems to register it as a "weapon" rather than ammo, so hence, you can't pick up any more after that.

Thanks for listening.

-Drakan
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

The voodoo doll should be bound to "impulse 10" in the config file it may be bound to "/" for some odd reason. edit your config.cfg file to "bind 0 'Impulse 10'"
Drakan

Necv Xouhkot

Post by Drakan »

Cool, thanks.