LAAAAAGS!

This is the place where information regarding beta releases will be. Discussion about bugs, changes, or questions should be posted here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

bloody_Rysiek_Lubicz

LAAAAAGS!

Post by bloody_Rysiek_Lubicz »

I've tried to play Transfusion with several friends but we always have lags jumping between 100-?? (even more than 2000ms!) - different people hosted the games and the lags were always there. I don't know, because all other games work ok, the ms rate is decent... it appears to be Transfusion 1.1beta3 (patched) problem :(
bloody_Rysiek

Post by bloody_Rysiek »

Guess I have to delete Transfusion. Pity cause i love blood 1 :(
It just lags so much... I have a good connection and other games work ok (i tried to change the network settings, even gfx settings) but that doesnt affect anything..
predator
Lead Mapper

Post by predator »

Are you talking about internet play or LAN games?
TF works fine on LAN, I play it quite often.
If you meant internet play though, it is normal. I have never got a chance to play TF on the internet without tremendous lags, not a single chance.

A moze postawimy kiedys serwer gdzies w Polsce, wtedy lagi moga byc mniejsze. :-) Trzymaj sie.
TeraX

Post by TeraX »

On Lan gaming the Player who open a Server has no lags but all Players that connect as client are very laggy in his own game.

What can we do?
Cruo
Axe Zombie

Post by Cruo »

TeraX wrote:On Lan gaming the Player who open a Server has no lags but all Players that connect as client are very laggy in his own game.

What can we do?
Yeah, just the way it is. Project has been dead for a couple years, but the beauty of blood is, things can come back from the dead. I'll be first in line when they fix the net code. Would be nice if Transfusion would work modem2modem at 9600 baud with absolutely no lag like Blood :) We experienced 500+ pings while living a mile from eachother on DSL though and kind of put it aside. I've played online a few times also, but on the older versions. It was pretty fun, but singple player Blood is enough for me until the net code is fixed.
scar3crow
kvlt-anaatmanah

Post by scar3crow »

Project has been dead ? Hardly. Project has been supported by people with real lives, jobs, and other projects ? Very.

Oh and I play online using DP all the time, I get steady pings for the most part to any dedicated server... in TFn its slightly different, but then again I suspect that may just be the server. TFn has always been at least decent for multiplay.
Cruo
Axe Zombie

Post by Cruo »

scar3crow wrote:Project has been dead ? Hardly. Project has been supported by people with real lives, jobs, and other projects ? Very.

Oh and I play online using DP all the time, I get steady pings for the most part to any dedicated server... in TFn its slightly different, but then again I suspect that may just be the server. TFn has always been at least decent for multiplay.
Dead as in there hasn't been an update in a couple years. That's why I said it'll live again. Behind the scenes work doesn't matter to the general public until they get an update ;)
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »