Map loading problem

This is the place where information regarding beta releases will be. Discussion about bugs, changes, or questions should be posted here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

N0t_mINe
Acolyte

Map loading problem

Post by N0t_mINe »

Just dl'ed the TFN 105beta2 zip and when I fire it up, all I get is a skybox and some sound fx. I've checked the basetf folder ans all the maps appear to be loaded within the PK3 file. So what gives?
N0t_mINe
Acolyte

Re: Map loading problem

Post by N0t_mINe »

Ahhhh, It's my nVidia 8400 GS card. Running with nothing but the onboard video gfx adapter proved that. So a OpenGL version 3 complaint card can't run TFN, but my ancient geforce fx 5200 could.

Wonderful.
N0t_mINe
Acolyte

Post by N0t_mINe »

Since when has darkplaces used .tgas for textures?
The Nameless Player
Axe Zombie

Post by The Nameless Player »

See, this is why we need the engine source, to get Transfusion running on DarkPlaces 2013 instead of DarkPlaces 2007.
N0t_mINe
Acolyte

Post by N0t_mINe »

ILA wrote:
I tried to connect with the latest TF client but can only see the map skybox. I'm assuming those code changes need to be client side also? Sorry I'm only a mapper so I don't know how to apply those changes.

Ruh Roh.
I Live...AGAIN
Cabal member

Post by I Live...AGAIN »

Nvidia Geforce GT 630. You answered my question.......
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

The Nameless Player wrote:See, this is why we need the engine source, to get Transfusion running on DarkPlaces 2013 instead of DarkPlaces 2007.
The one from the Arch Linux AUR actually does load the Transfusion data on top of a modern Darkplace engine. There is an odd jitter but otherwise it works fine and the sound plays alright with PulseAudio for a change.

It would not be too much work for someone to try and do a new Transfusion release purely to update the engine. All one would need is a little bit of coding knowledge to smooth any rough edges.