TRANSFUSION on MAC

This is the place where information regarding beta releases will be. Discussion about bugs, changes, or questions should be posted here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

Dada
Rat

TRANSFUSION on MAC

Post by Dada »

Hello guys.

Yesterday I found this GAME. First I spent hours to see if there is a mac version. :banghead: FINALLY I downlaoded transfusion 1.1 beta 3 + patch and the version 1.05. Both dont work on my mac. AFTER that I spent several hours checken comments in forums, also here. :shooting: So I read that for mac it needs something like a complier for the dsl files. Alright so I checked that thing and had to realise NO WAY that I understand that. :rip:

:shrug: SO...if anyone of you could explain me HOW or WHERE I can get a version that runs on my mac g4 I WOULD BE REALLY REALLY HAPPY.

positive vibrations

DADA
Dada
Rat

P.S

Post by Dada »

I thought MAC are for "idiots". But if you wonna get running a game on a MAC its always getting damn complicated. It took my hours to run tournament04 and urban terror. :P
Shadowman
Axe Zombie

Post by Shadowman »

Try Wine.
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

Other than that, the newer Macs are Intel chipsets, so you can easily have it dual-boot with WinXP (or Vista, if you are that silly). I don't recommend running TFn on anything with limited graphic capability, but u can give it a shot. :)

What kind of Mac are you talking about?
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

Did you by chance try to run it with the latest Darkplaces* build? It apparently works on OSx.

http://icculus.org/twilight/darkplaces/download.html

Extract the package into your Transfusion directory and run it using Apple flavored DP executable.

*Note that Transfusion uses the DP engine and will work, to some degree, using the latest DP build.
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

Mmmmm. Apple flavor. :)