Moderator: General Discussion Moderators
2. Tommy gun is shooting too fast. Lowering it by 0.1 or 0.2 would be great. Even aim of that weapon is too perfect. It should be a lot aimless! [for a simple sawed-off have good, short-range aim, So tommy gun must be effective on medium-range, but still 10-20% aimless than on short-range].
3. When I was sprayed by bot [he used around 100 ammunition points of spray can on me] the fire never stopped .
If I found more weapon bugs it will be posted here.
I have hope Transfusion isn't dead project [again].
Master of the Mask
- Posts: 872
- Joined: Tue Aug 10, 2004 09:28 am
- Location: Eau Claire, WI USA
The eternal fire is a bug that has been around for a long long time and I still can't track it down.
The alternate fire of the Tesla Canon is less powerfull than the original Blood one.
In blood the aera of electricity splash effect expend horisontaly and in a greater aera.
SUggestion: Can you change the graphic représentation of this alternate fire mode with a simple particle system, like rocket fire in Quake 1 for exemple, i think this is more fidele to the original electric représentation of this monstruous weapon in Blood 1 ^^
PS: Excuse my English but i'm French
In facts: i'm useless
But i have a great gammer experience on Blood 1, i can beta-test some parts of Transfusion if you want, i have a great knowleadge of the solo mode ( Spécialy Blood and Plasma pack ).
Anyway i must say: You'r work on Transfusion is exellent, partuculary for the weapons felling in général and all the level design port, verry close to the original Blood.
Bref: Congratulation, and tks a lot for you'r exellent work
1. pitchfork - seems to be OK
2. flare gun - not enough damage, especially alt fire
3. sawedoff - bears testing
4. tommy - shoots a bit to fast
5. napalm - bears testing
6. TNT/Remote/Proxy - bears testing
7. aerosol - could probably do with a little more range (testing needed)
8. tesla - see above thread
9. LL - bears testing (seems to be OK)
0. voodoo - bears testing (pain reactions could use a little tweaking)
Not to be a dick, but...
- Posts: 1904
- Joined: Mon Aug 16, 2004 04:42 am
- Location: Niagara County, NY
Okay. I am going to include pseudo code in this post.
Good stuff I noticed:
- Hud looks EXCELLENT, except for armor implementation, which is almost perfect. See Armor below.
-Flare guns seem PERFECT except for below under Flaregun: rate of fire and animation are great.
- You can "spacebar hammer" to come back from the brink of death.
- Player (and possibly other things) may stay on fire for too long. Should there be a max burn length
- Bots should be able to decide to travel through breakable glass, and should break it when such is the case. (Level editing issue?)
- ALL explosion damage from ANY source other than Tesla (TNT barrel, TNT, SPRAYCAN ALTFIRE, NAPALM) should be gradual, NOT instantaneous as it currently is.
- Almost every type of damage seems to decrease spirit armor on the HUD. Is the green bar mixed up with the blue bar (body armor)?
- Tesla should hurt body armor.
- All explosions except tesla ALTFIRE should hurt fire armor.
- Player movement should affect missile velocity/direction. e.g. If I strafe run left and throw TNT, it should have the proper leftward motion calculated into its angular velocity.
- Delay between ATTACK release and throw is too long
- ALTFIRE radius is too small, should be about 180% of current distance.
- ALTFIRE should not drop TNT/PTNT/RTNT/SPRAYCAN so rapidly, and there should be a delay between ignite and drop.
- All TNT including R and P should have thrown animations.
- should not auto-holster when AMMO == 0, b/c detonator remote can still be used until all RTNT's deployed by the player are destroyed (suggest boolean variable?
Code: Select all
if (RTNT_AMMO > 0) haveRTNT = true; else if (DEPLOYED_MINES > 0) haveRTNT = true; else if (RTNT_AMMO == 0 && DEPLOYED_MINES == 0) haveRTNT = false; //if haveRTNT == false (cannot throw more)
Did we make RTNT a different weaponslot or a function in the same weaponslot?
- Akimbo shotty timing is off. In musical terms, the shotgun timing pattern can be matched to 6/8 time signature at approx 175 bpm, with a pattern of "x x o x x o", where x's are shot's and o's are rests. For debugging purposes, I recommend creating timing variables which can be modified from the in-game console. Of course, it gets complicated.
- Akimbo reloading occurs same as single/non-akimbo (should not occur at all)
- Projectiles (shooting flame sprites) have no animation.
- Should be more opaque, VERY opaque. Current low alpha "additive" effect looks aweful when you hold ATTACK for a moment. Still, keep the projectiles fullbright please.
- ALTFIRE explosion should be a FIRE explosion, not to be confused with TNT/NAPALM explosion. Different sprite, and almost no push force, with ZERO screen shake.
- still fires a hair too fast. Should be closer to fire rate of ALTFIRE. Currently fires approx. 20 rounds per second.
- Akimbo tommy eject no bullet shells.
- Projectile needs new sexy fireball model, and should always be fullbright.
-ALTFIRE projectile does not seem to produce enough "children". Please check me on this.
- Flares should not completely ignite a player/monster until the "point of no return" where something burns to death. Recommend "engulfed in flames" boolean flag for burning state. You can still burn from a flare without being engulfed.
- Flares travel a bit too slowly.
- ALTF should cause small FIRE explosions on each flare's impact. See above Spraycan explosion.
- Traveling flares should look more like they did in blood. Sparks and little embers look funny now.
- I think invisibility and guns akimbo both make the gong sound repeatedly as they run out. Residual Quake 1 code?
- Pickups should not be dropped when holder is killed. More old Q1 code?
- Platform/door/elevator, or any brush entity movement is choppy, may require interpolation? Obviously server-side code, may be result of some net latency.
- All smoke seems to be green!
- Spent bullet/shot casings should remain for at least a bit longer (should their model polycounts be decreased?)
- Bullet shells should have less surface frictions so they slide more.
- Weapon models such as napalm and Tesla do not glow in the dark at all (where applicable.)
- Explosions should shake the screen, intensity should increase with proximity to the explosion. Intensity IS cumulative when multiple explosions occur. There must be a maximum threshold for screenshake, so that my monitor doesn't fall down, and the game doesn't break.
- Sinking corpses should have smooth animation. (After they sit, the game takes them away.)
- ALL explosion sprites should be fullbright.
- Should we make water reflective?
- When bullets hit a surface, the sparks are generally going upward. We should at least change that so that the sparks start flying perpendicular to the impact surface.
- The Caleb falling scream happens far too early.
- Instead of bullet holes, we are still using stainmaps. These look terrible. Go out back with your one of your 9mm's and blast something. (No danger to humans or animals please.) I guarantee it wont look like a black smudge.
-Metal never received bullet holes in Blood, but we may want to consider. See metal bullet holes in Half-Life 2:
Please excuse the crappy "fixed lighting" decals. I'd prefer bump mapped decals.
- In the credits.txt file, we have yet to include the current team members, and "Valve Hammer Editor" under "Transfusion was created with the following tools".
Whew! That should cover what I have found so far!