TFn killed my icons. :(

This is the place where information regarding beta releases will be. Discussion about bugs, changes, or questions should be posted here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

TFn killed my icons. :(

Post by Slink »

I have Windows XP 32-bit. Dual core AMD cpu. I alt-tabbed out of TFn. It messed up all my Windows shortcut icons and desktop icons. :( Why, and how do I fix it?
-Slink
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

I figured it out: just go to "Display Properties", "Appearance" tab, "Effects" button, change "Use Large Icons", apply, and then change it back. -Slink
leileilol

o^_^o

Post by leileilol »

of course the icon cache isn't going to be in memory 100% of the itme when you run a game, that's just wasting memory. Not a TFN or engine bug.
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

So? The icons were showing as the "generic file icon" after TFn was closed, and even after I rebooted. It is a WinXP bug, I know, but TFn triggered it. I alt-tab shyt all the time.
-Slink
Jethro
Fanatic

Post by Jethro »

Slink wrote:So? The icons were showing as the "generic file icon" after TFn was closed, and even after I rebooted. It is a WinXP bug, I know, but TFn triggered it. I alt-tab shyt all the time.
That's not exactly TF fault, although alt-tabbing out of D3D/OGL-based games is rather risky task. As you said, it was Windows bug (not the bug exactly) and it can be easily fixed with MS Power Toys - you just select "rebuild icon cache" and it should all go back to normal.
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

Thanks. I may use that if it happens again. I alt-tab stuff all the time and that has only ever happened to me once before in my life (years ago).

-Slink