Transfusion 1.05 beta2

This is the place where information regarding beta releases will be. Discussion about bugs, changes, or questions should be posted here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

Gabrihell

Post by Gabrihell »

i see..
i thought all the images are from blood 2 mod that some 1 create
cuase i dont see alot of mods for blood 2..
Bob Sacamano
Rat

Post by Bob Sacamano »

Hi,
Until 4 years I regulary played Blood with some friends. It was the funniest deathmatch shooter we ever had. But then because of the new Windows OS it got too time consuming to get a Bloodbath to work.

And now I've just found this project, downloaded the beta, and played against some bots. I have to say, that I am absolutely amazed how close you got to the original Blood. My dreams came true 8)
I'm sure I will have some great fun on bloodbaths with transfusion. Good job!

And maybe you like a small list of things, that don't feel right on the very first look (unfortunately I don't know much about the Q1 engine, so I'm not sure how hard it will be to get some things to work):
  • "The Voice" Currently you hear deathmessages from "the voice" in 3rd person. When you shot some in Blood, you would hear "Disembowled"(i.e.) in 1st person. Big factor of the multiplayer experience in my opinion.
  • Stuff on the ground I miss the layer of blood stains, shells and organs (see pics) on the ground. When you shoot someone blood and guts were supposed to fly around.
  • Finishing The head is not ripped off when finishing someone.
ImageImage
ImageImage
Willis

Master of the Mask
Lead Programmer

Post by Willis »

Bob Sacamano wrote:
  • "The Voice" Currently you hear deathmessages from "the voice" in 3rd person. When you shot some in Blood, you would hear "Disembowled"(i.e.) in 1st person. Big factor of the multiplayer experience in my opinion.
  • Stuff on the ground I miss the layer of blood stains, shells and organs (see pics) on the ground. When you shoot someone blood and guts were supposed to fly around.
  • Finishing The head is not ripped off when finishing someone.
The Voice: I don't quite understand what you're saying here. As I recall, the voice was always 3rd person (heard by everybody)

Stuff on the ground: I think if you turn on stain maps they get a little better, but yes, they need a bit more work yet.

Finishing: The head drop was actually random, didn't happen every time. That being said, the randomness is being worked in, just not done yet.
Bob Sacamano
Rat

Post by Bob Sacamano »

Willis wrote:The Voice: I don't quite understand what you're saying here. As I recall, the voice was always 3rd person (heard by everybody)
I'm sorry. Maybe I mixed up some terminology here.
If you killed someone in a Blood Bloodbath, you heard "the voice" like it was inside your head. With full loudness. It felt like a reward for each frag.
In the Beta I played, "the voice" came from a distance (I'm not sure, but maybe from the corpse?) and sometimes it was very silent.
Willis wrote:Finishing: The head drop was actually random, didn't happen every time. That being said, the randomness is being worked in, just not done yet.
I'm pretty sure, every time you killed a kneeling opponent, the head flew away. So a guaranteed head drop. I've hundreds of screenshots of these occurence :)

Great to hear your are working on these things. But as I said, I'm already very impressed of your work. The movement for example really feels like back in the old days.

Where did you get the new comments of "the voice"? Where they included in the game files?... that would surprise me, can't remember that I had found these in the .grp files
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

Bob is correct, I believe.

Bob, yes the other comments were included with Blood but never included in its gameplay. :) I don't believe Blood ever used .grp files. They are all .rff format.

-Slink
mortenoesterlundjoergense
Axe Zombie

Post by mortenoesterlundjoergense »

A few days ago I discovered that one aims down a bit every time the console is disabled/removed. I think that is an error.
Drakan

Necv Xouhkot

Post by Drakan »

For some reason my beta crashes everytime I proceed to exit. What could cause this?
mortenoesterlundjoergense
Axe Zombie

Post by mortenoesterlundjoergense »

When I exit Transfusion in my Linux GNOME system, does it position my cursor in the upper left corner of my screen, below the title bar on the window behind the Transfusion window. I am not sure if that would be defined as an error in Transfusion, but it is annoying.
While having problems with my DNS servers did I also notice on the same system that the entire GNOME in some way freezes when searching for online servers in Transfusion. The clock continued counting, but I was not even able to switch to another window, which I find quite annoying.
dumbguy
Rat

Post by dumbguy »

Co-op-I see some rainbow triangle type shape, and they make noise. Are they just mising from the files, or are they not done yet?
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

That sounds, like you are running an early version of the sp-mode. Yes, the multi colored diamonds are place holders for unfinished monsters.