Transfusion 1.05 beta

This is the place where information regarding beta releases will be. Discussion about bugs, changes, or questions should be posted here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

Dimebog
The Enlightened Florist

Post by Dimebog »

Willis wrote:Weapons and crouching won't work properly if you are connecting to a server that is not 1.05beta
Wow, thanx for clearing that up! I feel alot better allready!
Willis wrote:As for the menu crash, looks like I forgot to modify 1 simple line of code, it will definatly be fixed in the first patch if I don't do a simple binary update sooner.
While you're at it, could you PLEASE take a look at sv_user.c, and fix the obnoxious swaying while strifing (tilting your head sideways)... I figure theres PITCH, ROLL and YAW, and one of them has to be the intruder... (I'd try changing each of their values to 0 to test the theory, but I don't have the latest SDK, plus you surely know these things like your own back yard)

Code: Select all

// angles
	// show 1/3 the pitch angle and all the roll angle
	cmd = host_client->cmd;
	angles = sv_player->v->angles;

VectorAdd (sv_player->v->v_angle, sv_player->v->punchangle, v_angle);
	angles[ROLL] = V_CalcRoll (sv_player->v->angles, sv_player->v->velocity)*4;
	if (!sv_player->v->fixangle)
	{
		// LordHavoc: pitch was ugly to begin with...  removed except in water
		if (sv_player->v->waterlevel >= 2)
			angles[PITCH] = -v_angle[PITCH]/3;
		else
			angles[PITCH] = 0;
		angles[YAW] = v_angle[YAW];
	}

if ( (int)sv_player->v->flags & FL_WATERJUMP )
	{
		SV_WaterJump ();
		return;
	}
leileilol

o^_^o

Post by leileilol »

You mean cl_rollangle 0 doesn't cut it enough for you?
Dimebog
The Enlightened Florist

Post by Dimebog »

leileilol wrote:You mean cl_rollangle 0 doesn't cut it enough for you?
It didn't, because I didn't know about it. Thanx for that one. I still think that it should be default... It just ruins the feeling, and I see people not having idea that they should turn it off.

Well, I missed all that sweet new stuff because I couldn't find a server up that supports the new build. When I hosted my own game, everything was there: smoothness, crouching, pretty weapon models, pretty maps - everything! Jumping feels way more like original BLOOD now, too!

Excellent work! I see that single player will really work out "as intended". :twisted:

However, I see that you excluded the menu screen resolution option. When I use some of the widescreen (16:9) resoulutions, everything works fine but the menu is dissproportional to the GL screen and appears only as a half :| Minor thing, really.

Keep it up and put the e1m1 map up as soon as you can! :guns:
Fresh_meat
Cultist

Post by Fresh_meat »

It sound so good :D Thanks gys for this release !
Morry
Axe Zombie

Post by Morry »

I have downloaded and extracted all the files to my chosen folder, but when I go to open Transfusion.exe, nothing happens. It seems strange since I also have 1.01 with the patch installed and that version is running fine.
My specs: Intel p4 2.6ghz, 1.5gb ram, 9600xt
Kazashi
Shadow Warrior

Post by Kazashi »

Morry wrote:I have downloaded and extracted all the files to my chosen folder, but when I go to open Transfusion.exe, nothing happens. It seems strange since I also have 1.01 with the patch installed and that version is running fine.
My specs: Intel p4 2.6ghz, 1.5gb ram, 9600xt
Would you be able to follow the instructions posted (re: DOOMLancelot) earlier in the thread?
Morry
Axe Zombie

Post by Morry »

I tried the command settings you said and nothing happened. The qconsole log file didn't appear in the directory or pk3 files either.
Tranfusion.exe simply doesn't start up at all, no desktop crashing like the problem described earlier. It just doesn't do anything once executed.

Edit: Doesn't appear in my process list either.
Last edited by Morry on Thu May 03, 2007 03:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Dimebog
The Enlightened Florist

Post by Dimebog »

Check if process appears in your Task Manager.