beta3 graphics problems

This is the place where information regarding beta releases will be. Discussion about bugs, changes, or questions should be posted here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

LeftyRuhk

beta3 graphics problems

Post by LeftyRuhk »

I'm using Windows XP with a NVIDIA GForce4 TI 4400 card and when I run the latest beta, I cant see any of the graphics! It just pops up with a black screen with some gray boxes. I know the game is actually running because I can navigate the menu by memory of the original transfusion menus. If it helps, it looks like the game starts by opening up the command console. I can close it by pressing escape then move down the menu to quit the game, but everything is just little gray boxes on a black screen. I tried changing my screen resolutions, colors, and even disabled hardware acceleration all to no avail. I tried deleting the config file and running it from a command prompt also. Any help on this matter would be appreciated, I don't want to be stuck playing version 1.1 forever! :D
Thanks,
Lefty
Toddd
Axe Zombie

Post by Toddd »

Grey boxes on black screen? It looks like the engine cannot find the data files.
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

Yeah I had the same prob. I think you have to run TF from the correct directory, or make sure the data files are there. I don't know how to fix it, or what files it looks for. There could possibly be a graphics mode in TF that is incompatible with GeF4? dunno...

-Slink
-ED
Cabal member

Post by -ED »

most likely it is an issue with main data folder. it was changed recently. later it was called TF or something, but after installing latest beta you'll have to manualy rename it to BASETF (q3 style). it *SHOULD* work.
)))000(((
Cultist

Post by )))000((( »

:arrow: Also, try updating your drivers. I had *boxes* when playin' Doom3, and when I updated my drivers it was fixed...
Mr. Spank

Post by Mr. Spank »

This problem was present in beta 2.
LeftyRuhk

Post by LeftyRuhk »

Thanks everyone! The problem was indeed that it could not find the data files. The directory was correctly called 'BaseTF' unfortunately the only file in it was the config file :) I just copied all the files from the root TF directory into BaseTF and it worked! Shouldn't the files be automatically unzipped into BaseTF instead of to the root directory to avoid this problem?
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

Of course they SHOULD, that's a given... ;) *someone says, "Oops!"* Heheheh

Glad it worked for you. :-D But I don't think you have the latest version. There are always those exceptions where programs malfunction...

-Slink