Min-Woo Hyung's "Priest" the movie!?!!?

Anything not gaming related goes here. Not sure where something should be posted? Post it in here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

RottKing
Axe Zombie

Post by RottKing »

Wow what the hell? Where the hell did they get vampires from? Sounds like another disaster to me. Also the manga is Korean by the way, not Japanese. :)
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

Update: (again a slight delay)

It looks like "Priest" the movie, has begun taking a few more steps towards production. Gerard Butler is named to star as Ivan Isacs. ICv2 News has a little more of a plot summery.

An interesting side note: filming is said to start October 1, this year... an October with Friday the 13th in it...

Coincidence or Cabal plot? -- YOU be the judge.
Last edited by DustyStyx on Thu Jul 06, 2006 05:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Necrosis
Bubble Wrap Man
*not Canadian*

Post by Necrosis »

Which reminds me...

I wend out and I bought a ton of manga (basically stuff I've been meaning to check out) and they had Priest, so I got that. It IS ridiculously similar to Blood, and very well done. Worth reading, I only have volume 1 though so I can't say anything for onward.
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

A bit of a bump, but it looks like there is an update to the Priest movie.

Sci Fi Wire has an article titled:
Priest is a future western that pits 'Jedis' vs. vampires

Also a release date: Aug. 20, 2010
TheChosenOne
Axe Zombie

Post by TheChosenOne »

The only thing that kept this thing true to blood :| and what do they do with it as usual screw it up :headshot:
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

Well, Priest was mostly an adaptation of Blood in the first place. I'm not sure it was ever really "true to Blood." More of a "tip of the hat" really.

Priest (the manga) focused more on the war in heaven and fallen angels. It has a much more traditional movie type Christian/Catholic background, in a weird-west setting.

Blood never really touched on a Christian background at all, but rather had a slant toward Slavic mythology.

I'm not saying Vampires are a good edition to the movie. They have been done to death. But at least they aren't supposed to be "sparkly" vampires, so it should still be fun. I wish there was a trailer about. You'd think they might have something.
Ransu
Cheetah

Post by Ransu »

Yay an unofficial Blood movie. :P I'd also like to note that there was an MMORPG of Priest in development, but it got cancelled. Here is the Wikipedia page with external links to sites showing screenshots and other info: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Priest_(computer_game)
I Live...AGAIN
Cabal member

Post by I Live...AGAIN »

I just saw the director's last movie "Legion". Not a bad flick, the story has alot of holes and Christians hate the plot. Most of the movie's characters are soo annoying that you actually cant wait for them to die.

There is an official site for Priest also:

http://priest.spe.com/

Probably the first place to see a trailer when it's released.
zZaRDoZz
Acolyte

Post by zZaRDoZz »

I hope the 'jedi' angle is just a selling point. Otherwise it might be watchable. Think of it as the priest manga meets blood2.
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

hehe, it'd actually kinda be interesting to see Jedi vs Vampires. Seeing how I'm not sure Jedi could sense vampires as they are life suckers. They'd be black holes like the Useless errr Yuuzhan Vong... not to get off topic or anything.
DustyStyx
2D Artist

New Trailer

Post by DustyStyx »

It looks like the good folks at Sony Pictures have released a trailer for the movie.

It's a little different than I expected. More like a horror version of Blade Runner.
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

Sorry for going OT, but on a "Wikipedia Tangent", (article including Priest) this passage from the "Weird West" article made me grin:
The PC first-person shooter title, Blood, is an occult-horror-comedy hybrid, and sets the player avatar "Caleb" in approximately 1920 as an un-dead gunslinger anti-hero from the late 1800s, who rises from his grave (essentially as a zombie) to battle a great widespread cult by which he was betrayed and killed when he was a member. Gun play, the undead, horror, the occult, and the underworld are strong elements of the game.
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

All right, for the hell of it I expanded that section:
The PC first-person shooter title, Blood, is an occult-horror-comedy hybrid, and sets the player avatar "Caleb" in approximately 1920 (retroactively dated as 1928 in the games sequel) as an un-dead gunslinger anti-hero from the late 1800s, who rises from his grave (essentially as a zombie) to battle a great widespread cult by which he was betrayed and killed when he was a member. Gun play, the undead, horror, the occult, and the underworld are strong elements of the game. The game spawned a sequel, Blood II: The Chosen, although it was much less influenced by the main characters western back-story. It is worth noting however that one level of its expansion pack is set in a western frontier town, possibly an allusion to Caleb's gunslinger past.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Weird_West
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

A bit deep for a blurb, but what-the-hell, why not? ;)