Balm and Poontang

Anything not gaming related goes here. Not sure where something should be posted? Post it in here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

Are ninjas cool, or what?

Yes, yes they are.
25%
Of course, you idiot!
38%
That is a stupid question. Ninjas rock your Mom's socks six ways from Sunday.
13%
Personally, I would have to concur that ninjas are inevitably and without a doubt, without uncoolness. Concordantly I will conclude this lengthy answer with an essay. Ninjas are cool for several reasons; they can kick your mom in the face eight t...
13%
I think Caleb should become a ninja, so he could even kick MORE ass. (If that's even possible! HAH!)
13%

Total votes: 8
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

boss429 wrote:Is it really necessary to correct him just because he didnt use a apostrophe? It doesnt matter that much. Are you an English teacher or something?
Yes. That is one of the most f*** up, confusing nuances in the English language. With didn't and doesn't and don't, the apostrophe is quite implied, but with the words "its," and "it's", its a different story. It's story is different. SEE? f*** confusing. Well, this thread is probably soon to be locked, so... Not to be a dick, but didn't you mean to say "use an apostrophe"?

See, I always precede a corrective statement with "Not to be a dick, but."
Take care, and don't flip a s***, unless you really wanna. There is nothing terribly wrong with assisting in the betterment of a forumgoer's eloquence.

-Slink

EDIT: WHAT THE HELL WAS I THINKING PUTTING ALL THAT s*** IN THIS THREAD? How could I expect a serious answer? :P Can we change that forum name or what? I guess I don't really care anymore...
boss429
Cabal member

Post by boss429 »

Slink wrote:
boss429 wrote:Is it really necessary to correct him just because he didnt use a apostrophe? It doesnt matter that much. Are you an English teacher or something?
Yes. That is one of the most f*** up, confusing nuances in the English language. With didn't and doesn't and don't, the apostrophe is quite implied, but with the words "its," and "it's", its a different story. It's story is different. SEE? f*** confusing. Well, this thread is probably soon to be locked, so... Not to be a dick, but didn't you mean to say "use an apostrophe"?

See, I always precede a corrective statement with "Not to be a dick, but."
Take care, and don't flip a s***, unless you really wanna. There is nothing terribly wrong with assisting in the betterment of a forumgoer's eloquence.

-Slink

EDIT: WHAT THE HELL WAS I THINKING PUTTING ALL THAT s*** IN THIS THREAD? How could I expect a serious answer? :P Can we change that forum name or what? I guess I don't really care anymore...
So you really made this thread to change the name of Balm & Poontang? (I thought it was just to discuss nijas)
But the Balm & Poontang are locked anyway so why does it matter if the name is changed?
jonny5
Cultist

Post by jonny5 »

I will be the first to admit that "its" versus "it's" is a ridiculous, anarchaic rule which should not exist in a widespread language. Sorry to be picky, but I really can't help it; it's in my nature.

I will remember that little trick about prefacing my comments with "not to be a dick, but..." - perhaps turning it into an acronym in order to save time:

NTBADB

It has a nice ring. :D
Necrosis
Bubble Wrap Man
*not Canadian*

Post by Necrosis »

I have a question.

Why is there not more in Poontang? It seems like we could have a lot of that, what with the only apparent reason for the split on the one that IS there being that it degraded quickly. We get a lot of that, after all.

Er, not like I'm asking for it. :?
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

jonny5 wrote:I will be the first to admit that "its" versus "it's" is a ridiculous, anarchaic rule which should not exist in a widespread language. Sorry to be picky, but I really can't help it; it's in my nature.

I will remember that little trick about prefacing my comments with "not to be a dick, but..." - perhaps turning it into an acronym in order to save time:

NTBADB

It has a nice ring. :D
I commend you for everything you just said. :)

AND THE CURRENT NAME OF THAT FORUM IS "POONTANG", JUST A CHUNK OF A PHRASE FROM THE GAME, "I smell balm and poontang!" ;)
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

No Slink, I'm not changing it.