Damien Azreal's artwork

Anything not gaming related goes here. Not sure where something should be posted? Post it in here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

frightfan
Caleb's Bootlicker

Post by frightfan »

Damien_Azreal, nice work!
Myself, I have a problem drawing realistic cloth in motion, wrinkles, naturalistic folding etc... you seem to have real handle on that at least, so who cares if you have trouble with hands and faces? Your strength may lie in "inorganic" subjects.

Here's a thought... would you be interested, if not in skinning, maybe doing some conceptual work with Kazashi who could maybe use some help with prop work (bottles, junk, trees, gravestones, wall hangings etc etc)?

Whatever you decide, I am certain that we could use your talent somehow on this project.
Damien_Azreal
Satan's Spawn

Post by Damien_Azreal »

Well, me and my girl friend have decided when we go on vacation in a few weeks we'll pick up a scanner. And look into some other art programs for computers.

She want's to setup a web-site for me just to put my drawings on. She's really into getting my "work" out there and getting it seen.

So maybe soon there'll be much more of my stuff available for you all to see. And Frightfan... let me think about it. I would love to contribute to this project.
Willis

Master of the Mask
Lead Programmer

Post by Willis »

I just gave my extra scanner to my mom about a week ago :P
I'd recommend Canon or HP for scanners, I have a Canon myself, but HPs generally have a larger scanable surface area for large drawings.
Damien_Azreal
Satan's Spawn

Post by Damien_Azreal »

Thanks Willis, I'll look into em.
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

Very impressive, Damien, I knew not... I consider myself an artist, although not a perfectionist. Your drawings are so... intricate. I find myself having trouble with that. I was pleasantly surprised to see the pic of Caleb.

I did a little sketch and a cheesy poem from even longer ago, it is on planetblood as well.
http://www.planetblood.com/fanfiction/v ... coat.shtml

-Slink
Daedalus
The Dreaming God

Post by Daedalus »

Aww don't be so rough on it, Slink. The poem is cute and the drawing is fine... I'm sort of still on the stickman level.
Willis

Master of the Mask
Lead Programmer

Post by Willis »

nothing wrong with stickmen! ... as long as they have weapons!
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

Has anyone seen that stickfight.mpg? It is hilarious. Alas, I know not where it is...
-Slink

P.S. Thanks! But, CUTE? CUTE??! *sigh*
Damien_Azreal
Satan's Spawn

Post by Damien_Azreal »

I think I know what your talking about with the stickman. If it's the same thing it's f*cking funny as hell.

I remember 1st grade was my first trip to the counslers office for my stickman drawings. :twisted: I had little stick guys slicing other guys in half and cutting heads off. Ever since then they keep a close eye on me.

Thanks for all the support guys, I've already started redrawing the Caleb drawing. And I've started a few more... finished one the other day that had a humans legs (pants and boots) then at his waist he was split open, with guts and muscle and bones hanging out. And something (I don't ever know what it is :? ) coming out of him.

Maybe I do need cousling?
Daedalus
The Dreaming God

Post by Daedalus »

Maybe I do need cousling?
Nah, you need to team up with ÐÐ!
Necrosis
Bubble Wrap Man
*not Canadian*

Post by Necrosis »

Nice art, Damien. Awesome Caleb, cool monsters, I like 'em.
Damien_Azreal
Satan's Spawn

Post by Damien_Azreal »

Necrosis wrote:Nice art, Damien. Awesome Caleb, cool monsters, I like 'em.
Thanks man, I had even forgotten about this thread. :? It's nice to know people like my drawings.
Damien_Azreal
Satan's Spawn

Post by Damien_Azreal »

Well, this is a rather old thread. But I have been doing some new work... no new Caleb yet but I am working on one.
Goes back to the Blood 1 style Caleb... bald. :p

Anyway, this is a pic I did while my dad was in the hospital for cancer surgery (he came out 100% fine with zero trace of it left behind) and loved it so much I redrew it a few times to get it right.

I have a few more, these are not uploaded through a scanner... but pictures taken of them with my digital camera. So they are not great in quality but you can get the idea behind them.

Image Image Image Image

Also... just for the f*ck of it, it dawned on me that you guys have no idea what I look like. :p So, here ya go... (I'm really bored right now and I'm trying to kill time)

And me and my fiancee...

RedFanatic
A More Tidy Caleb

Post by RedFanatic »

Awesome Damien, some day soon i too will be able to draw something
as well as that and i really like your style very inspiring.

the annoying thing is that you can try to make a drawing perfectly like
reality and 9out of10 times cock it up but if you just go for a certain
style of slight miss proportion then it look brilliant and thats i think what
you've done very well, and it's not manga-ry :D

ps
i mean no offence but you look quite swedish, you know cool swedish
Damien_Azreal
Satan's Spawn

Post by Damien_Azreal »

Thanks man, yeah I'm never happy with anything I draw... I'll finish it and see about ten to twenty things that annoy me. ;)

Swedish huh? I take no offense to that, I'm actually German... both my parents came from Germany as their parents fled the country during WW2.