BLOOD III IS ANNOUNCED!!!! GREAT!!!

Anything not gaming related goes here. Not sure where something should be posted? Post it in here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

BLOOD III IS ANNOUNCED!!!! GREAT!!!

Post by Tchernobog »

Hey, I just heard that Blood III: The Unexpected has just been announced!

Just look at some of these cool features and storyline changes!
1. The game is currently only being developed for Symbian powered devices, although a BeOS port is planned.
2. Although Stephan Weyte has been unavailable since that robbed man was seen entering his home, John J Dick has volunteered to lend his voice to Caleb. "Expect him to scream a lot more" Dick says.
3. The game is currently being built based off a modified Blake Stone engine! So it will have textured floors and roofs! (Ain't that cool?)
4. Ishmael has now become a pot smoking hippie, who fights the Cabal though the power of flower power!
5. One of the key missions will involve saving Cerberus from the dog pound. (Think Postal 2: Apocalypse Weekend but with more fire!)
6. The Voodo doll has retired from its life as a weapon and now has its own children's TV show!
8. Tchernobog has finally went to get his much needed skin graft and has become a male model.

The game is being designed by George Broussard and is expected to be out by 2018. Questions and comments about the game may be directed to the nearest Cultist.

http://www.blood3-unexpected.com/

You know you want it!
Corbin
Zealot

Re: BLOOD III IS ANNOUNCED!!!! GREAT!!!

Post by Corbin »

:-p

Pot smoking hippie and male model Tchernobog...might have to check this one out. :D
zZaRDoZz
Acolyte

Post by zZaRDoZz »

@ Tcherny:

Dude, you've got to double check those sources of yours. I can't confirm or deny a blood3 but word on the street, a thorough examination of some chicken entrails from a frozen dinner, along with the Scotch guard inspired gurglings of my brother who's still passed out on the couch after a 2 day sterno binge has substantiated the following:

Tchernobog gets his own reality show in which he invariably dates the Kardashians, Hulk Hogan's daughter, and flava flav, finally settling on the Olsen twins at the end of the 1st season, claiming they make him look "less skeletal" on camera.

Our favorite red head Ophelia Price takes the starring role in her own miniseries, playing a street wise business tycoon rising to the top using nothing but drop dead sexy looks, incredible business savvy, and a violently enforced extortion racket to eventually dominate the sandwich shop franchise scene of lower Chicago.

Miles the axe zombie becomes the lovable but insane neighbor in a sitcom with Jerry Seifeld as the lead. At some point throughout every episode, miles chops through a door to utter his catch phrase - Wow! I bet that took some brains!
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

Alright zZaRDoZz, you are right, my sources were in fact completly wrong.

*chanting heard in the background*

*aside* Yeah, I told them off, now will you let me out of this cell?

*more determined chanting*

Hey, what do you mean there is only one way to stop the truth coming out again?

WHAT THE HELL?

*weapons fire is heard*

Marana pallex! Marana malax!

*thud*

*static*

*beep...*
BEAST
Zealot

Post by BEAST »

Hey, Tchernobog. The link is broken. It's a shame, because this sequel joke sounds pretty imaginative and fun too. If the Blood 3 was to be developed with the Blake Stone engine (which only a indie retro-game developer might get away with making as a freeware title), depending on how many modifications the engine underwent, the end product would probably end up resembling a product resembling Rise of the Triad.

It's a preposterous joke, but I love it. Please, restore the link, One Who Binds!
Corbin
Zealot

Post by Corbin »

ROTT wasn't that bad looking for its day, still amazing it's Wolf3d all beefed up. :D

Also, I don't think the link was ever registered IRL.
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

BEAST wrote:It's a preposterous joke, but I love it. Please, restore the link, One Who Binds!
Hey, I would love to, but as Corbin surmised, there never was one. It was just a quick joke I though up on the spur of the moment. Glad to see someone appreciated it though. :D
Corbin wrote:ROTT wasn't that bad looking for its day, still amazing it's Wolf3d all beefed up. :D
ROTT had some attractive aspects and it could have been great, but there was not enough strong design for it to really work. All the engine seem to be able to do was make abstract worlds, with little or no relation with any real place. How much of this was technical or just the decisions of the level designers I do not know, but it kind of ruined the game for me, which is a shame, since it has an absolutely wonderful modern source port.

For me, one of the attractions of Blood, and all the other Build engine titles, was the fact that most of the levels were modelled off some real or at least conceivable environment. You got to visit Carnivals, Temples, Trains, Boats, Warehouses, Hotels, and the like. This aspect was thankfully carried on quite well in Blood II, with its dark gritty urban world featuring Subways, Ravaged Tenements, Sleazy Hotels, run-down industrial Warehouses, Museums, Office blocks, etc. This may be one of the reasons Blood II endeared itself better to me than it did to some, as the real-world aspect of the Blood games is one of the parts that appealed to me and in this aspect Blood II was quite faithful to the original.

Postal 2 also has some really nice realistic environments, as it carried on a rather Build like ambience of its own. The Build engine games can actually be said to have the creator of these kinds of environments. Just compare the city levels in Duke Nukem 3D to how they were in Doom II. There is a worlds difference between the two. One seemed just cobbled together, while the other actually put work into making a real interactive urban environment. Blood was not much different to Duke in this respect, just with a little more Gothic fantasy elements.

Sorry for going off-topic, but with the forum as quiet as it is, I think we would all agree any type of discussion would be favourably right now. :)
BEAST
Zealot

Post by BEAST »

4. Ishmael has now become a pot smoking hippie, who fights the Cabal through the power of flower power!
Reading this reminded me of my elementary school years, when after playing Duke Nukem 3D and the demos of Blood, Shadow Warrior, and Redneck Rampage, I wanted to come up with my own BUILD engine game clones. The first idea was a stereotypical French version of SW called Target involving a Parisian hero who speaks like Maurice Chevalier and dresses like the Phantom of the Opera (without the mask). He also fights French aliens, and the game would be littered with references from Asterix and Obelisk, An American in Paris, Gigi, Phantom of the Opera, and The Little Mermaid. The second idea, more akin to what your hippy idea, was called The Peacemaker, and the hero was a hippy who battled the undead armies of the traditional 60s establishment. His default weapon is the peace gesture, with the hero's doing the peace sign with his hand. The peace hand shoots out a green peace-shaped blast while the hero says "Peace!" Now that I look back at it, the most powerful weapon should be the Peace Emblem, a huge peace sign on a necklace which, when activated, causes everyone to dance and singing "Age of Aquarius" from Hair.

Back to your hoax Blood 3 announcement: I so want to make that game a reality. If I can't develop it in Blake Stone's engine (which would be an interesting experiment), I would very much want t make it in a Blake Stone-vein. I think I'll do some fan art visualizing what I think it would look like.
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

BEAST wrote:I think I'll do some fan art visualizing what I think it would look like.
Oh no, what have we done? :shock:

Seriously though, some of those Build engine ideas you had are very chic. :P