Let's chat, shall we?

Anything not gaming related goes here. Not sure where something should be posted? Post it in here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

Ransu
Cheetah

Let's chat, shall we?

Post by Ransu »

Hi everyone. What have you been doing lately? I just played through Borderlands which is a first-person shooter combined with RPG and it has a 2nd playthrough mode after completing the game where you keep your level, skills, status, and inventory and the enemies are harder. There's going to be new content added onto it before the end of this year from what I read. :) Also, I watched every Halloween movie(with the serial killer Michael Myers) except the new one and every Hellraiser movie. I'd like to see all the Friday the 13th movies since I've already seen all the Nightmare On Elm Street movies. Tomorrow, I'm gonna watch some horror movies with my family and have candy during it. Please post what you've been doing or are going to do. :D
RedFanatic
A More Tidy Caleb

Post by RedFanatic »

Wierd post but hey.....
I have been playing games.....LOTS of games, first there was a long period of various Worms games (worms3D wormsForts) then me and my bro decided
to get back into Spore, but this time with the genius idea of rather than a random
creature i would make the Worms in Spore.

So the past few days have been a solid Spore Worms fest, interspersed with
learning about online marketing (i'm gonna be rich!!) and pretty much nothing else
apart from lots of sleep.

oh i have also been burning the candle at both ends by playing Evony at night, damn addictive online game simple but fun.

And my up comming plans....more online marketing research, new game (tomb raider:under world) and thats about it....prolly more spore too
Ransu
Cheetah

Post by Ransu »

Oh I love the Worms games. I'm playing it with my brother a lot. I have both of the games that were released on the Xbox 360 Live Marketplace. The first game didn't have a whole lot of features, but the 2nd one brought back tons of stuff from the past PC Worms games. It's awesome. :D
RedFanatic
A More Tidy Caleb

Post by RedFanatic »

Yeah i've only recently tried Worms Blast and Worms forts and i was really suprised at just how much fun they are :D i did have a copy of Worms4 but sold it because i wasn't all that impressed, but now i may have another look.

But right now i'm sort of mentally prepairing my self for a 500 mile trip we (me and my folks) are about to take to go visit some of our relatives :?
not usually my cup of tea but sometimes it's gotta be done.
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

Hi everyone, Ransu, RedFanatic.

I've been kinda busy between work and tending my boy, he just turned one last month. Work has been interesting as we've been testing out virtual desktop solutions and Windows 7. The network guys got fed up with the way we were doing things and have us learning how to do things with AD, GPO, RIS/WDS and a few other tools I'm forgetting. Anyway, there's a lot to learn there.

I've not played may games recently. The home PC is an aging laptop at the moment. I'm still working on Guild Wars, and the last 3 Myst games, they've been pushed back a bit as I've been playing Requiem, which Joe recommended.

I've not stayed with Blender the way I should. leileilol, sent me some instructions about how to export Blender models to MD3. But I haven't even tired it yet. (sorry leileilol) I'm a little hesitant to get much into it right now as I think I would have to unlearn a lot once they redo the UI for Blender 2.5

I've also been reading about neurology and artificial intelligence. It seems like a really cool field to go into, but I imagine it'd be really taxing on time. Discover magazine had a interesting article about neuromorphic engineering, and some of the new computer chips coming out of that field that address interesting problems using analog computing and very low power consumption.

Aside from that, I've been listening to audiobooks of Bernard Cornwell's Sharpe's Series, driving between work and home.
RedFanatic
A More Tidy Caleb

Post by RedFanatic »

Wow your life sounds interesting Dusty....kinda put's my geeky pasttime's to shame lol
Congrats on the kid btw :D

Some of the stuff on AI and robotics plus the developements in bio engineering are truley out of this world check out www.ted.com and look for films on those subjects, the recet progress is stunning!

Not only could humans be pretty much immortal in a few years but the Cylons are pretty much already a possibility....it just takes someone putting all the tech together and bam! sentient cyborgs

:guns: "I'll be back!"

Right well i really will be back but only after i've gone to bed then tomorrow it's off for a 500 mile car drive....wahoo :P see ya'll in a week.
zZaRDoZz
Acolyte

Post by zZaRDoZz »

Happy giblet and gravy day to all those of you who are state side.

*Falls over sideways*
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

mmmm turkey :) , back at you man! May you're sandwiches of leftover be tasty as well.

RedFanatic, Ted is very cool. I think the two coolest examples of gadgetry I've seen displayed there have been the LiveSaver water pump, and a solar powered pneumatic engine that was designed using genetic algorithms.

http://www.ted.com/talks/michael_pritch ... ilter.html
http://www.ted.com/index.php/talks/bill ... nergy.html

If you've not stumbled on it yet, I'd recommend following the blog, NextBigFuture. I waste a lot of time reading up on things there as well as NewScientist, and LiveScience.
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

DustyStyx wrote:May you're sandwiches of leftover be tasty as well.
Leftovers? What be these things you call leftovers? :P

I find it interesting that Thanksgiving is in October for us up north because the weather is more likely to be better then, but in the end we had more snow on the ground then than we do now. It just proves that the climate is getting #$%#% up...
RedFanatic wrote:oh i have also been burning the candle at both ends by playing Evony at night, damn addictive online game simple but fun.
I guess you must be one of the few individuals who were not completely turned off by their blanket internet advertising campaign then. I mean, if you are going to show that much... um... "skin", you should at least have women in the game. :roll:

I was finally able to get my H1N1 vaccine yesterday, so my arm is sore, but I have luckily not had any other real side-affects. Considering how sick my uncle was when he caught it, I can not really complain if the shot stiffens one arm for a couple of days. However, the disclaimer said another potential side-affect is irritability. You have been warned... :P

I discovered Theocracy last week, a good, but old, strategy game. It takes a while to get a feel for, but it is worth it. The only real thing I can complain about it though is that it is a bit too hard. But I intend to do a multiplayer game with User:Gideon on the weekend, maybe that will help my luck....

I have never played Worms, but Wormux is pretty fun...

Hope everyone has a good weekend.
RedFanatic
A More Tidy Caleb

Post by RedFanatic »

Well i'm back man oh man it was everything i thought it might be :zombie: and quite frankly i feel like a zombie.

It is cooooold up here now, it was pretty cold down in england but coming back to a damn cold house after 5 days brrrr :skull:

Thanks for the TED links i'll check em out.

Yeah i was suckered by the over advertising of Evony, but it was more like 'what kind of strategy game would advertised it's self like this?'
I left my account's in the hands of fellow Evony'ers while i was gone, one of them is fine, improved great infact....but the other hmmm mybe i picked the wrong caretaker lol :rip:
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

Damn those feudal lords! (S)He made off with your scantily clad pixels, didn't they?
Wrim
Cultist

Post by Wrim »

I don't really have anything intelligent to contribute to this discussion.
I do have an animation of a cultist dancing though.

Merry Christmas.
zZaRDoZz
Acolyte

Post by zZaRDoZz »

^^Combining 2 different cultist animations to create a new animated sequence....^^^

brilliant...
Wrim
Cultist

Post by Wrim »

Why thank you :D
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

Nice!

Dance, punchy! Dance!
:shooting: