My cat died

Anything not gaming related goes here. Not sure where something should be posted? Post it in here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

Drakan

Necv Xouhkot

Post by Drakan »

Heh.... I've had cats that lived up to 19. ;)
Vuzeth
Deceptossum

Post by Vuzeth »

Hellen wrote:I believe we both started to study English at school, Ghoste (I may be mistaken though). And as far as I remember they taught us to refer to a creature as “it” in case we don’t know its gender. Since DoomL clearly stated his cat was a she, it’s impolite to refer to her as “it”.
(You English-speakers are free to correct me, since my school info proved to be obsolete on many occasions).
I must admit its all correct. As for my english I only studied basis of it in school, the rest I learned by playing games and serfing internet, that's why it's so HORRIBLE. I do never check words connection and all that stuff. That's why some of my posts can be insentensive. I was taugh to refer animals as it if they don't play family members. :lol:
The oldest cat was 32 or so.
RedFanatic
A More Tidy Caleb

Post by RedFanatic »

First off I ment no offence to our leathery wing'ed friends :D it was a link to the Ace Ventura Films, and supposed to be very tounge in cheek.

Also Wow Ghoste you learned a new languge through Games!! that's pretty cool, I'm always amazed by people who learn by the world service, TV or the internet, I wouldn't know where to start.

and finally on my rather large :offtopic: what i find curious is that mostly the members who's posts on this forum i sometimes find 'Unpolite' or a bit harsh are the Russian Members, But it's almost always just at the first glance and as soon as i re-read the post i see that it just seemms that something about the translation from a Russian point of view into english makes it 'look' slightly unemotional (this is of course almost never the actual case) but it interests me to see this apparant differance in language structre.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

And we're back, You had a Cat live to the age of 32!! Whow :shock: what breed? our dog died at about 14.
Vuzeth
Deceptossum

Post by Vuzeth »

It's amazing RF Its what I was trying to say. :D
I reffered to the Cat World record it is actually 38 years!
http://www.cat-world.com.au/CatRecords.htm
Callum Sanderson
Axe Zombie

Post by Callum Sanderson »

DLance, you can stuff your cat if its not too late... and see it whenever you want *he-he*[/quote]

i don't usually post on this forum.
but that was sort of a terrible thing to say, you can't joke about things. real death is no laughing matter.
i don't even expect it from you people of the CALEB community.

ook, you may of not said it as a joke.
but think about it.
stuffing a dead creature.
mutalating its body, etc i dont even want to go there.
Vuzeth
Deceptossum

Post by Vuzeth »

Sekto wrote:
DLance, you can stuff your cat if its not too late... and see it whenever you want *he-he*
i don't usually post on this forum.
but that was sort of a terrible thing to say, you can't joke about things. real death is no laughing matter.
i don't even expect it from you people of the CALEB community.

ook, you may of not said it as a joke.
but think about it.
stuffing a dead creature.
mutalating its body, etc i dont even want to go there.
I didn't say torture and mutilate creature when it was alive just stuff its dead body. Its not violent or immoral through can be considered a bit "wild". IMO
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

Hellen wrote:It’s very sad to hear, DoomL… :( Your cat indeed lived a very happy and long life. Now I’m afraid to sound as insensitive as Ghoste, but yours was an exceptionally long-living cat!
Ghoste wrote: P.S. I was always taught animals are things, its very odd.
I believe we both started to study English at school, Ghoste (I may be mistaken though). And as far as I remember they taught us to refer to a creature as “it” in case we don’t know its gender. Since DoomL clearly stated his cat was a she, it’s impolite to refer to her as “it”.
(You English-speakers are free to correct me, since my school info proved to be obsolete on many occasions).
RedFanatic wrote:Hehe All animals are equally loveable.......except Bats lol :wink: :bat: :lol:
Hey! I always wanted a pet bat! They’re like gargoyles to me, only without forelegs. Too pity there’s no any bats where I live…
Wonderfully put, Hellen. I completely agree with everything you say. That RedFanatic quote is just paying homage to the movie, Ace Ventura: When Nature Calls. ;) Funny joke. :)

Your English, by the way, is phenomenal, excellent, etc. I can hardly believe how flawlessly you "speak" here. ;)

Ghoste: yes, a bit "wild" or "unconventional" if you will. Some consider it grotesque. It is only that you put a smiley face there, made it look like a joke to you. :(
Last edited by Slink on Tue Jul 31, 2007 08:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mouth
Acolyte

Post by mouth »

Sorry to hear about your cat mate. I lost my dog a few years ago, he accidentally hanged himself in the barn. :(
Drakan

Necv Xouhkot

Post by Drakan »

That's sad... I can't imagine what that would have been like....

Got three myself. Two of my dogs are really getting on too (it means getting old). One's being put down this saturday and it's just been left for far too long. I don't even know how he has the will but he still drinks, eats and gets around!

Poor bastard...

Like I said, I'm no stranger.

RedFanatic
A More Tidy Caleb

Post by RedFanatic »

But what's the call on that?

If he's still eating, drinking and moving why put him down?
Sure he might be in a lot of pain but if we care for dogs and pets in a very anthropomorphised way (as if they are human) then isn't it sort of like euthanasia? i just don’t know if thats right.

Luckily for our dog he just wound down over maybe a week and died naturally but i often wonder what i would have chosen had i been asked if we should put him down.......I think i most likely would od let him die his own way, but i don't know :?