Ichi the Killer

Anything not gaming related goes here. Not sure where something should be posted? Post it in here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

Necrosis
Bubble Wrap Man
*not Canadian*

Ichi the Killer

Post by Necrosis »

I just got done watching this movie, and I have to say, it's right up a Blood fan's alley. Just check out the uncut version's packaging!

Plotline was a little meh to me, and the ending was confusing as hell, but the torture scenes and most of the movie in general was really good. I HIGHLY suggest watching that uncut version though, since it was apparently heavily edited for other releases.

I dare anyone to NOT laugh at the silly CG scenes, though. LOL.
mouth
Acolyte

Post by mouth »

I'm not exactly sure it's right up a Blood fan's alley, but if you enjoy brutal violence, then yeah. It's a really cool movie, and the ending is great (I could tell you Necrosis, but I don't wanna give any spoilers).
Necrosis
Bubble Wrap Man
*not Canadian*

Post by Necrosis »

I say it's right up a Blood fan's alley because it's sort of cheesy horror in a way, with the over-the-top violence thrown in. I actually would compare this to Kill Bill in a LOT of ways, except of course Kill Bill was a lot less brutal. >.>

Come on, tell me the severed face was NOT hilarious.
RedFanatic
A More Tidy Caleb

Post by RedFanatic »

Hmmm
*checks list of Top 10 signs of a Psycopath*

1 Kill's Babies
2 Watches DayTime TV
3 Enjoys Film's for Torture Scenes
4 Finds Things being Severed Funny
5 Plays Horror VideoGames
6 Is Part of a Group/Forum that Deals exclusivly with Violent VideoGames
7 Chooses Names that have something to do with Death
8 Likes Panda's
9 Is A Student
10 Is Not Canadian

Necro mate it's not looking Good :evillaugh:
Necrosis
Bubble Wrap Man
*not Canadian*

Post by Necrosis »

1. no.
2. no, it sucks pretty hard.
3. They had comedic value in this, too, you know.
4. Well, come ON, it's a FACE! A severed face, which slides down the wall! That's hilariously cheesy!
5. I'd debate this point, because it actually sort of offends me to hear video games blamed for anything, but for the sake of humor (since you ARE kidding as far as I can tell) I do that.
6. ... Well, see 5.
7. Not true. Necrosis is the decay of flesh. Not necessarily having to do with death. :wink:
8. Who said I like pandas? My avatar is a horribly inaccurate panda, which is the kind I like. >.>
9. You've got me there, but why does this make the list? 0_o
10. You've also got me there but that's like 95% of the world.

Why isn't "makes up statistics" one, anyway?
Vuzeth
Deceptossum

Post by Vuzeth »

RedFanatic wrote:Hmmm
*checks list of Top 10 signs of a Psycopath*
Damn half of members are psychopaths according to your scientific researches :lol: through primarily composed to accuse just Necrosis.
Psychopaths bring their ideas to real life that's the difference. :skull:
Dimebog
The Enlightened Florist

Post by Dimebog »

Well I can't be a psycho because I don't comply for the eight point. Only panda I like is a dead panda. And that goes for all other endangered species.
RedFanatic
A More Tidy Caleb

Post by RedFanatic »

Aww nuts you got me! :(
No i'm no scientist it's not even an official list :P

In fact there are a feww point's i'd like to clarify my position about

1 Games are not the ause of violence any more than any media. (it offends me too i actually had trouble adding that one)

2 Things being severed are almost always amusing :phantasm:

3 Yeah the statistics thing should have been one that would have been really funny :D

and lastly sorry for the mild post jacking :wink:
Necrosis
Bubble Wrap Man
*not Canadian*

Post by Necrosis »

Nah, is cool.

Definitely check out the movie though. If only because "severed things are almost always amusing." Some great severed things in this movie. >>
scar3crow
kvlt-anaatmanah

Post by scar3crow »

Too many shots of semen splattering walls while a guy does ballet moves in ice skates, slicing throats and then crying for my taste.
Necrosis
Bubble Wrap Man
*not Canadian*

Post by Necrosis »

Haha. What the hell version were you watching that there was semen on the walls? 0_o

As for the crying, I actually just thought it made it a little silly, and since I thought the entire movie was extremely silly that just made it sillier. Same goes for the slicing throats for that matter.
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

Necrosis wrote:10. Eh, You've also got me there, eh, but that's like 95% of the world, eh.
_5LYNC ;)
scar3crow
kvlt-anaatmanah

Post by scar3crow »

Watch it, when hes killing people it randomly cuts to just an odd shot of the wall or such, you get the typical blood splats, but sometimes he will sail by, and you will see a furious hand motion, and then a splatter of white on the walls. The whole movie has his weird childish sex drive mixed with killing people with his iceskates and being downright pathetic.
Vuzeth
Deceptossum

Post by Vuzeth »

Violence and sex that's what most people love. Use the exploits in humen psychology and it'll be popular thought those dudes which made that crap :evillaugh:
Necrosis
Bubble Wrap Man
*not Canadian*

Post by Necrosis »

scar3crow wrote:Watch it, when hes killing people it randomly cuts to just an odd shot of the wall or such, you get the typical blood splats, but sometimes he will sail by, and you will see a furious hand motion, and then a splatter of white on the walls. The whole movie has his weird childish sex drive mixed with killing people with his iceskates and being downright pathetic.
By the way I haven't checked since I lent the movie out but yeah I guess I have to give you that one. I didn't even notice it though, so yeah...