Anyone else have one of these?

Anything not gaming related goes here. Not sure where something should be posted? Post it in here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

Damien_Azreal
Satan's Spawn

Anyone else have one of these?

Post by Damien_Azreal »

Okay, I'm building myself a new PC.

Will have it finished by my birthday (April... I work really f*** slow) and right now I'm getting some of the smaller objects.

I just got my new speakers from Newegg today... Logitech 5.1 Z-5300e, love em. :)

But I'm looking at a Logitech MX518 for a mouse, I've heard some good things about it. And reviews state that it's great... but I'm interested in people that actually have one.
Also, I'm looking at a Saitek Eclipse keyboard. The red LED backlight is working great for what i have in mind. But anyone know anything specific about these?

That's pretty much it, as far as hardware goes it's all pretty much nailed in. I can't decided on a hard drive size right now, but I'll figure that out later. The case is being given to me, a friend got a new PC and so we gutted his old case.
I'm also planning on doing a little case mod for it... lets just say it'll be red, involve a guy with a hat and a coat... ;)
Ransu
Cheetah

Post by Ransu »

I don't have that stuff but a friend of mine who has the keyboard says that it's really good and worth the cost.
Caleb_2k
Acolyte

Post by Caleb_2k »

i was thinking of bying the Eclipse but i went for the Logitech G15 instead and i have never ever regretted it...

also, i dont know how good the Z-5300 but i own the Z-2300 and i LOVE them :D
Willis

Master of the Mask
Lead Programmer

Post by Willis »

I had an Eclipse (I) Red LED keyboard... it has a bit softer key response which I had no problem with, but the lack of media keys really got to me. I haven't had the chance to try an Eclipse II yet... I now use a Logitech G15 also, and my only regret is that its Blue LEDs, which I generally despise.

As for the MX518, it should be a really good mouse, I owned the two around it, the MX510 (same as the MX518, except only 800dpi instead of 1600dpi) and the G5.

I really liked the MX510, and the optical tracking of the G5 is superb (but the side scrolling middle mouse button drives me insane!) I could certainly see the MX518 being a fine mouse, but I finally settled on the Razer Diamondback, which is a smaller mouse.
Caleb_2k
Acolyte

Post by Caleb_2k »

Willis, you could always change the LED's, ill give you a few links to a howto :D

http://www.g15forums.com/forum/showthre ... isassembly

here is a Dissasembly topic for you, cant find a LED howto...
Damien_Azreal
Satan's Spawn

Post by Damien_Azreal »

Well, I love my MX518... the ability to change the DPI while playing (without having to install any drivers) is great in shooters. Makes sniping people a lot easier.

And my new keyboard, Eclipse II, is great. Three different colors (I stick with red) and the media keys that were missing from the original Eclipse.