Monster Melee Weapons

Discuss and hash out the Blood universe here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

Ra_Ra_Gazaa
Resident Phantasm

Monster Melee Weapons

Post by Ra_Ra_Gazaa »

What do you think about the monster's melee weapons (such as the axe, the cleaver and the scythe)? Do you think they should be obtainable like the cultist's shotgun and the fanatic's tommy? What effect do you think they might have on Blood's overall weapon choice?

And no, I'm not trying to discard the pitchfork.
predator
Lead Mapper

Post by predator »

Well, that would be cool of course. Nice idea for a future Transfusion mod.
frightfan
Caleb's Bootlicker

Post by frightfan »

I think that sounds pretty cool. Balancing would be important. I think it would be neat to force the player into choice of melee weapon - i.e. : you can either keep the pfork, or drop it to take the axe from the dead zombie.

The axe would deal a more powerful blow, but is heavy, so not as easily wielded. Alt-fire could be a shove to the face of your opponent with the blunt of the axe head.

The cleaver would only be good for very close enemies. Alt-fire would throw the cleaver (you'd be able to pick it up again). Both attacks would deal out lots of location-based damage.

The scythe would... just be f*** AWESOME! hehe. Slashing for primary fire, or a big decapitating swing for an alt-fire.

Let the blood fly! Man, that would be an awesome mod.
Jon Krazov
Axe Zombie

Post by Jon Krazov »

frightfan wrote:I think that sounds pretty cool. Balancing would be important. I think it would be neat to force the player into choice of melee weapon - i.e. : you can either keep the pfork, or drop it to take the axe from the dead zombie.
No, why? If Caleb can handle carrying whole lot of weaponary like shotgun, Tommy gun, napalm launcher, Testla gun etc., what's the difference with one more axe or scythe?
Or at least leave pitchfork - what if I throw cleaver and not get it back? Ehm, fighting with barehands? Or maybe You could pick up more than one cleaver and throw every more than one.
Hellen
The Eye of Beast

Post by Hellen »

There is no scythe except for The Scythe from Clive Barker’s Undying. Use primary fire to chop some stupid howler in half, use alt-fire to take his soul away for your own good. Enjoy! Don’t try to recreate this.
Jon Krazov
Axe Zombie

Post by Jon Krazov »

Gosh, I thought that Phantasm had got a scythe... :|
predator
Lead Mapper

Post by predator »

Yes, each phantasm has a scythe.
I agree it would make a very enjoyable weapon. Slow but powerful.
Willis

Master of the Mask
Lead Programmer

Post by Willis »

frightfan wrote:The axe would deal a more powerful blow, but is heavy, so not as easily wielded. Alt-fire could be a shove to the face of your opponent with the blunt of the axe head.
I liked Alpha's pitchfork alt-fire better heh
Willis

Master of the Mask
Lead Programmer

Post by Willis »

Jon Krazov wrote:what if I throw cleaver and not get it back? Ehm, fighting with barehands?
I forsee Cruaich backing out of this mod in fear of having to skin more hands 8)
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

Hands can be fun =]P they just take a long time and they can be a challenge to get the semes to match up correctly.
Jon Krazov
Axe Zombie

Post by Jon Krazov »

How 'bout throwin a pitchfork? Like with a spear. :twisted: That could be funny.
predator
Lead Mapper

Post by predator »

Sure, and what would be even better is impaling your enemies with your pitchfork. That would be great - impale them and lift them up in the air.
Then throw them aside, against the wall.

I think we have the base for a great TF mod. :D
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

Hehe, you guys have been playing to much Devil May Cry
Jon Krazov
Axe Zombie

Post by Jon Krazov »

No, I just spent too much time with myself only. It corrupts a personality. And You end up hammering a plank to your head with nails. :twisted:
But yeah... impaling sounds good. Groovy.
Daedalus
The Dreaming God

Post by Daedalus »

I agree with Willis. The Blood Alpha secondary fire of the pitch fork is very realistic and practical.