Blood2 extra-crispy, new mod

Discuss and hash out the Blood universe here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Re: Blood2 extra-crispy, new mod

Post by Tchernobog »

N0t_mINe wrote:So no one was impressed by the b'moths improved tracking?!?
I must admit, I did not even notice that the Behemoths behaved differently. :shrug:

What I did notice was the change in the Caleb quip used on C3L3: Temple of Poon. Both lines are good though, so I can't complain.

I did also somehow manage to fall without triggering the destruction of the bridge:

Again though, this is probably more Blood II's fault than Extra Crispy's.
VGames
Acolyte

Post by VGames »

All I had to do for behemoths was make their senses higher and remove their ability to walk. They run like crazy at u now. This alone makes them more dangerous. But they're also able to keep track better with heightened senses. And yeah I love how the deathshroud turned out. He's an ambusher for sure. Always trying to get as close as possible before revealing himself to scream and attack.

The Darkact source would be good to have. But at this point all I want from it is the code for getting allies to follow you properly. I think the way things are now is excellent in EC.

In the next release I'd like to build on the limbloss system and polish it up more. Not sure if I can but I'm gonna try. I'd like to be able to remove more body parts then just heads and entire limbs. Would be nice to be able to blow off just a hand or just a foot. Amd maybe be able to continue removing body parts after they're already dead.

I'd also love to be able to add the ability to go into demon mode. Like painkiller but with actual demon slashing abilities via demon hand weapons. Just a thought. I hope somebody will be willing to help when the time comes.
dosgamer000
Acolyte

Post by dosgamer000 »

I finished the game finally with EC and the only real problem I noticed so far was that the Flamethrower causes my machine to crash. Something with the "frames" of the fumes burning the enemies causes it to overload or something. But it's probably just my crappy rig so maybe I am the only one. Still, the flamethrower looks very nice and I had plenty of fun incinerating Soul Drudges with it. Sadly, my PC hates it but oh well. One other thing I noticed with the mod is the frequency of Fanatics dropping Berettas when they should be dropping M16s. This can cause problems if you do not have the Beretta on you as you then must drop your bullet weapon of choice to restock on ammo and then pick up the weapon you just dropped. The new Death Ray completely rips enemies and it was awesome for the short while I used it (so many weapons to choose from!)

Maybe tomorrow I will play through the Nightmare Levels and see how that fares. All in all good mod.
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

So I just finished C3L4: Cabalco Enterprises with Extra Crispy and in doing so I experienced a large amount of frame dips and crashes. Blood II crashing is far from unusual, but I have never experienced a slowdown in the frame rate before.
VGames
Acolyte

Post by VGames »

I've never had any frame rate issues before. I really don't know what to say.

Im really glad overall the mod has been widely accepted. All known issues will be looked into in time. Thank u so much for all the feedback. I can't wait to hear more from u guys.
dosgamer000
Acolyte

Post by dosgamer000 »

Finished the Nightmare Levels recently. I had crashes again but I just think it's my system acting up. Going through Gabby's segment starting with the Minigun was crazy. The Nightmare was still an HP wall however. Everything else about it was good though. Death Shrouds at West World gave me trouble while in groups (the good kind of trouble though.) Hectic circle-strafing and directing flaming skulls to nearby cultists throughout the whole fight.

@Tchernobog: When I got crashes in this mod, it didn't start until like midgame at around the second chapter. Once more, I think it's just my computer acting up but I KNOW it hates the flame animations from the Shredder. I triggered crashes on purpose with that weapon and it just doesn't like it.
N0t_mINe
Acolyte

Post by N0t_mINe »

As you may recall, earlier versions of ec had long lasting flame fx. Vgames had realized by 0.5 that the extra fire duration was crashing the game at map loading, so he returned to the older values.

I'm hoping that by 0.6, Game's will have a greater range of options to add the extra fx, along with a little outside help to keep things running smoothly.
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

There are a couple Cultists causing all kinds of trouble to the cutscene in C4L1: Beyond the Rift:

Meanwhile, at CabalCo's Software Division, Goat Simulator can already be plainly seen to be in the planning stages:
dosgamer000
Acolyte

Post by dosgamer000 »

I remember that arena cultist. He did damage to me in the cutscene so I had to reload and snipe him before hand. I do not remember seeing a goat on the washboard however.
VGames
Acolyte

Post by VGames »

Yeah the cultist in the spider arena was mentioned in the readme. Kill him before activating the cutscene. I never noticed the goat. Will have to go back and check him out.
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

dosgamer000 wrote:I remember that arena cultist. He did damage to me in the cutscene so I had to reload and snipe him before hand. I do not remember seeing a goat on the washboard however.
Yeah, I had to do exactly the same thing.

As for the goat, he was always there, hiding in plain sight.
VGames
Acolyte

Post by VGames »

Does anybody know what the max skin and texture sizes are allowed in the lithtech 1 engine? I just recently learned how to make some pretty decent HD veriants of skins and textures at a very fast rate. They're not completely rebuilt from scratch HD skins and textures but they do more then enough to add to detail and fidelity. They did wonders for my Doom 3 mod. Was just wondering if the lithtech 1 engine could handle HD textures at all. Even doubling the sizes could be epic for the game. I'd be willing to make actual HD skins and textures for EC in the future if this is possible.
icecoldduke
Axe Zombie

Post by icecoldduke »

I don't remember off hand, but you are correct doubling the sizes of the textures will probably be good enough. At most you really only need 1024x1024 for most textures in a game, you can go to 2048 x 2048 for somethings but you really don't have to go higher then that, unless you are zooming really close up on a character.
VGames
Acolyte

Post by VGames »

If I do it I'll probably just double the sizes. That's what I did with the Doom 3 skins and textures just to be on the safe side. Don't want to bog the game down. I'll see how this pays off when I can. I'll post some pics for comparison. Don't expect anything any time soon.
VGames
Acolyte

Post by VGames »

Well today I felt like some dreaded Blood 2 modding and I wanted to try out doubling a few of the map textures to see how the game reacted to it. Sadly the maps do not use bigger textures as they should or as most engines these days do. Doubling the size of model skins or map textures makes them look too big for what they're intended for. It seems the old Lithtech 1 engine has yet another reason why it sucks.

I was however thinking about going another route one day. What if I replaced all the textures with better looking textures that were resized to fit our needs? I know how to do this without losing much quality but I'm not sure how the DTX files will respond to the colors. They'll probably remove a lot of the color. I'll try it out ASAP.