Scourge of Humanity Reception

Discuss and hash out the Blood universe here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

DwayneA
Zealot

Scourge of Humanity Reception

Post by DwayneA »

It's been a week since I released the long-awaited remake of part 1 in the LOI trilogy. I'm pleased with the results so far on both download pages, about one hundred in total. Of course, the downloads have been slowing down to a crawl now, so somehow I need to get the word out more. I've tried to submit to fileplanet, but I keep getting an error message. Maybe someone else could help me out on this. Where else could I submit the file?

By the way, I've noticed that Bloatoid's Death Wish mod has only been downloaded ten times on Blood Freeminded since it's release. Of course, I'm sure it's been downloaded a lot more on the Mod DB. While Scourge of Humanity was uploaded to addon's instead of mods.

So far, how is everybody enjoying the game? Was it an improvement over the original LOI1? How did you like the brand new sounds and music tracks? What did you think of the improved level design? The new levels? The improvements to the existing levels? The changes to the storyline? What was your favorite level? What part of the game did you like best? Least? Is it fun and exciting? How would you rate it overall? Was it worth the wait?

Remember that some parts of the game change depending on difficulty, such as locations of keys, numbers or items and enemies, and special effects.

By the way, you'll all be pleased to know that I'm already beginning work on a remake for part 2!
Caleb88
Cultist

Re: Scourge of Humanity Reception

Post by Caleb88 »

Now that I finished 3/5 of the game a little review:
The new sounds are good, especially for the guns. What I didn't like were the new comments from "Caleb", which in this case....is you? :D
- Sorry but that's just the wrong voice for a gun-swinging hero^^
And also the ship world in the first episode....30 minutes of alarm sound were tooooo much :reallymad: ..but I already said that.
And some of the maps in the second episode were little...boring....so...without any enemies waiting for you, just some key searching ...is not the thing for Caleb =/

But...that all were things you can really not match as big problems. The map design was just insane, especially those some forest-maps, with the rivers and the big ammount of shrooms....GREAT!
But all in all...the number of secrets, the number and selection of enemies...everything as I expected, even better. Cause I hate maps with dozens of those stupid burning dogs -.-, but you stayed at the cultists and I kicked their holy asses with pleasure...and thank you for let me doing this :guns:
DwayneA
Zealot

Post by DwayneA »

um, the protagonist isn't Caleb in the new improved LOI. It's a completely different person.
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

Just commenting to say that I wish you the best but have not played it as of yet.

I have had a busy time recently, especially since my gido died this month and I was a pole bearer at his funeral, and my school schedule is insane for the moment.

I have not even gotten that far into Death Wish yet. :banghead:

So just to let you know that it is not because I do not care. :wink:
dosgamer000
Acolyte

Post by dosgamer000 »

I haven't really gotten that far as I'm only on the fourth level I believe. However, from what I seen it's better than the first LOI. The improvement of the first city level was massive compared to the original and I only expect things to get better as I progress.
Tchernobog wrote:Just commenting to say that I wish you the best but have not played it as of yet.

I have had a busy time recently, especially since my gido died this month and I was a pole bearer at his funeral, and my school schedule is insane for the moment.

I have not even gotten that far into Death Wish yet. :banghead:

So just to let you know that it is not because I do not care. :wink:
I'm sorry to hear about your loss, you have my condolences.

Regarding Death Wish, you should really get through the whole of the game and try to find the secrets as well. No lie, that is prehaps the greatest Blood mod I've ever played in my life.
DwayneA
Zealot

Post by DwayneA »

what's a gido?
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

DwayneA wrote:what's a gido?
And you claim to be from Saskatchewan... :roll:

It is one of the commonly used terms taken to mean grandfather in Ukrainian.
DwayneA wrote:Regarding Death Wish, you should really get through the whole of the game and try to find the secrets as well. No lie, that is prehaps the greatest Blood mod I've ever played in my life.
Yeah, I was enjoying what I did play of it, even if he did seem a little fond of the "gotcha!" traps. It was not running that well on my machine with Dosbox though, but when I get the AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition I have my eyes on, that should help. :)
DwayneA
Zealot

Post by DwayneA »

well it is the first time I've ever heard the term. No one here calls their grandfather a gido.