Damien Azreal's artwork

Anything not gaming related goes here. Not sure where something should be posted? Post it in here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

Willis

Master of the Mask
Lead Programmer

Damien Azreal's artwork

Post by Willis »

As promised:

Image Image Image
Damien_Azreal
Satan's Spawn

Post by Damien_Azreal »

So ya got em, good. I was getting reayd to PM you and ask.

What do ya think?
Willis

Master of the Mask
Lead Programmer

Post by Willis »

Well, I know you were not completely finished/happy with the Caleb drawing. My only complaints are his legs seem a bit too long and his nose is a little too short/round, other than that, it looks great.... even though it is a greyscale, somehow he just doesn't look right without red eyes :P

As for the two alien sketches, the winged alien with no legs is awesome, the only thing I'm trying to figure out is the thing coming out of his neck.... the one is just massive and plain, making me wonder a bit.
The second alien is pretty cool, but it need a weapon imo... just seems too play with empty hands.
Number II
Fanatic

Post by Number II »

All three look crisp.

Caleb is too thin, though, and his legs are a bit too long. But, maybe it is supposed to be a stylized drawing? I don't know much about this. But all in all, it does look good.
Damien_Azreal
Satan's Spawn

Post by Damien_Azreal »

Well, I thought about that with Caleb's eyes... but I tend to do only black and white. And I know he looks really lanky... but I tried to balance it out, a human body is eight heads. I think it balances.

If I remember right it's just a giant horn or hook of some kind.

Honestly when I draw I don't think ahead, I just put the pen down and draw. What happens is what happens.

Glad you like em Willis, this is the first time anyone besides family, friends or counslers have seen my work.
DemonPostalWorker
Axe Zombie

Post by DemonPostalWorker »

Wow, you have a real talent, I put some artwork on Planetblood haha http://www.planetblood.com/fanart/misc/gauthier01.jpg hahahaha
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

Very nice job Damien_Azreal. I'm jealous, I've not had much luck with figures you see.

They all look kick ass. Lots of detail and clean line work. Caleb may look a little slender but I'd just chalk that up to perspective and the walking pose..
Hellen
The Eye of Beast

Post by Hellen »

Wow! Not bad! No… Excellent pictures! Don’t make my jealous towards your work. He-he…
Caleb proportions are almost perfect, but still there’s some little mistakes with anatomy. You’ll see it later.
That’s my curse too – anatomy, poses, proportions…
Anyway, good job! Thank you for sharing it.
Daedalus
The Dreaming God

Post by Daedalus »

Of course you wouldn't be able to show this without ÐÐ commenting! (Where is -Ed these days?)

Excellent Damien, simply excellent, but a few questions :

How good are you at drawing facial expressions on folks?

How long does it take you to draw one of these?

Have you ever tried drawing Caleb in a 'ready for action' pose?

Thank you for your time. My people will contact you soon.
Damien_Azreal
Satan's Spawn

Post by Damien_Azreal »

Well DD on facial expresions this is were an art profesor would tear me to pieces. If you notice on Caleb his face is shadowed and his hands are hidden by his coat. Those are two things I have problems drawing... but an anotomy class would help with that.

The Caleb one took a while to draw, mostly because I keep starting over. I could never get completely happy with it. But the other two... maybe an hour per drawing.

I can try Caleb in another pose... I usualy don't try to recreate other people ideas. I try my own stuff, but sometime down the road I can try Caleb kicking ass. :D

And thanks guys, it's nice to hear this kindof stuff about what I do. Drawings about the only thing I can do that really helps me calm down... thanks.

I was kindof thinking the same Cruaich. If he wasn't walking he wouldn't look so slim plus his legs would look more porprtioned.
Hellen
The Eye of Beast

Post by Hellen »

Well, Damien, maybe another question from me:
Are you a professional artist? I mean, you study in some college or what?
Ra_Ra_Gazaa
Resident Phantasm

Post by Ra_Ra_Gazaa »

My favourite (out of those three) is the Caleb picture. You could call it "Caleb On a Windy Day", which could explain the width of his cloak and the reason why he has his head down. So what if he's thin (this isn't "Caleb After the Gym" guys...) and faceless? Isn't half of Caleb's face supposed to be covered in darkness anyway?
Damien_Azreal
Satan's Spawn

Post by Damien_Azreal »

Hellen wrote:Well, Damien, maybe another question from me:
Are you a professional artist? I mean, you study in some college or what?
I've never taken an art class before, I tried art in college but dropped out after about a week. It was way to boring.

I've been drawing since (what did my mom say...) about 5 years old. It's all natural.
Hellen
The Eye of Beast

Post by Hellen »

Respect!
I’ve always respected people who don’t have any “art education” but draw like real pro’s. (That’s not a compliment :-) )
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

I know it was inevitable, but I have to ask. If any of you other art types want to skin/model world models for the games, there is plenty to do yet.