SDK and a thorough README file

General discussion relating to the Transfusion project.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

BEAST

SDK and a thorough README file

Post by BEAST »

Hi, again, Chosen Developers of Transfusion!
I am curious about Transfusion Editing, and I just wanted to know if an updated and easy to use Software Development Kit is in the works for Transfusion, and probably a thorough Readme file to give the necessary and helpful instructions on how to work the game? If not, do you have a thorough list of instructions on how to edit for the present version of the game? You've probably have done a lot of work since the Transfusion 1.05 2 beta you released for us. What is the present condition of Transfusion, and is there a great amount of work needed to push the editing and graphic abilities of the Dark Places Engine in order to make Transfusion work?
BEAST
Zealot

Post by BEAST »

Nevermind.
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

Late reply I know, I hope you found your answer.
BEAST
Zealot

Post by BEAST »

Actually, I didn't. I know that that already is an SDK, but it is six years old, and I thought that there might be an important update in progress. I did read somewhere in the forum that someone was working on a new one, but as to when it would be released, I'm not sure. I just wrote "Nevermind" because I thought that I must have asked a question that had been asked trillions upon trillions of times over, and I didn't want to annoy the other members of the forum. I do still would like to learn the process in editing, coding, modeling, texturing, and mapping for Transfusion and Dark Places. Do you have the latest information on the current build of Transfusion that could probably help me to edit for Transfusion, including the steps required for someone to adequately work on Transfusion?
predator
Lead Mapper

Post by predator »

The last SDK is more like 2 years old and can be downloaded through the files section of our site.

http://www.transfusion-game.com/files/T ... 080322.zip

That's the thing you want to get if you are interested in creating maps for TF.

If needed I can provide you with some updates for that SDK, developed since the last release.
BEAST
Zealot

Post by BEAST »

Updates would be most preferable, predator. Thanks for being helpful and obliging. Are layouts and screenshots of the orginal levels of Blood available for amateur editors to review?
predator
Lead Mapper

Post by predator »

I'll cook up an update for you when time permits, it should be during the coming weekend. I'll let you know when it's ready.

As for your question - we don't have any archive with screenshots and map layouts for original blood maps. It has always been up to every mapper on our team to decide whether such things are needed for the map they started working on.

Thanks for your interest in our project. It's nice to see someone willing to help with Transfusion.