When did you first discover BLOOD?

Discuss and hash out the Blood universe here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

Necrosis
Bubble Wrap Man
*not Canadian*

Post by Necrosis »

I would like to add that for multiplayer I typically ignore what I just said about the atmosphere and just listen to whatever I want. But when it's the single player, it's part of why I'm playing and I leave the original music alone unless it's terrible.
Dimebog
The Enlightened Florist

Post by Dimebog »

DOOM did have great music. Well at least stuff stolen from Pantera, Slayer, Metallica, AC/DC, Alice in Chains etc.
Gila
Ye Olde Bloodite

Post by Gila »

in multiplayer i prefer no music. in good multiplayer fps, you should hear your opponent and what he's doing :)
Caleb --2nd
Zealot

Post by Caleb --2nd »

i discovered it when i played blood 2 in the first time
8 or 9 years ago when its came out
i still have the original but not in my house
i played blood 2 then i played blood 1.
i think there is no copy at all in game music
its just not have the connection.
Necrosis
Bubble Wrap Man
*not Canadian*

Post by Necrosis »

Gila wrote:in multiplayer i prefer no music. in good multiplayer fps, you should hear your opponent and what he's doing :)
And this is a good point. Personally though I like having the music there, I don't play FPS too well either way. >>
Dimebog
The Enlightened Florist

Post by Dimebog »

Necrosis wrote:Personally though I like having the music there, I don't play FPS too well either way. >>
Hm? Tried with your eyes closed? That sometimes helps the jedi release the force.
Ransu
Cheetah

Post by Ransu »

I discovered Blood when I got a demo disc about 11 years ago. o.0
Caleb --2nd
Zealot

Post by Caleb --2nd »

for some reason i knew that blood 2 was one of my first games i ever played in pc
afcourse there was fifa 98 and tekken 3 that i played in ps1 and gex enter the gecko and deep cover gecko 8)
Lioyd_Irving
Axe Zombie

Post by Lioyd_Irving »

My father brought some CD containing lotsa (hacked?) games (including Street Fighter Alpha, Raiden, and Blood, plus others). I started playing it. And it was fun. So i read the story, and i liked it. So I kept playing and loved the sawed-off and the TNT (and also the life leech). I found info on Wikipedia about it, finished the game, took the Plasma Pak(abandonware again, sorry but that's all i got). And i kept playing.
wangho
Acolyte

Post by wangho »

Lioyd_Irving wrote:My father brought some CD containing lotsa (hacked?) games (including Street Fighter Alpha, Raiden, and Blood, plus others). I started playing it. And it was fun. So i read the story, and i liked it. So I kept playing and loved the sawed-off and the TNT (and also the life leech). I found info on Wikipedia about it, finished the game, took the Plasma Pak(abandonware again, sorry but that's all i got). And i kept playing.
play Cryptic Passage too, it's a bit better than Plasma Pak
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

Get Blood One Whole Unit. Better. You should buy a copy. When I first got Blood, it was a bootleg too. Then I bought a copy of Blood AND the Plasma Pak. Never played the plasma b4 that.
Lioyd_Irving
Axe Zombie

Post by Lioyd_Irving »

I know. But my parents will never let me buy anything on ebay/amazon.com-styled sites. And the stores also have nothing 'bout it, they are way too focused on the latest ones like Crysis or Super Mario Galaxy. I couldn't find Trackmania United either. Not to mention that Blood was WAAAAAAY less known than DN3D (at least in France).

Old = hard to find.

Not very known = hard to find.

Old + not very known = almost impossible to find = Blood 1 and 2 + addons.
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

and that's what makes a treasure hunt! :D
Lioyd_Irving
Axe Zombie

Post by Lioyd_Irving »

DustyStyx wrote:that's what makes a treasure hunt...
...when you got time. And i don't. School, Doom, GunZ, Toribash, Blood, Shadow Warrior. And the list keeps growing.
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

Took me 2 years to find a copy of Blood II after it disappeared off the shelves.