Rage Against The Machine - Episode 1

Discuss and hash out the Blood universe here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

Vuzeth
Deceptossum

Post by Vuzeth »

wangho wrote:it looks like about 4 or 5 of us have played it, why aren't the rest of you folks posting? This is some monumental Blood stuff going on here. you guys not wanting to embrace it seems really strange to me, im sure these guys would like to hear a few words for the extraordinary work put into this thing. This is all for you... the supposed Blood fans.

By the way, anyone found any of the secrets on map 6? I've got 0 of 4 every time.
I'm currently playing Undying. Be patient! :evillaugh:
Dimebog
The Enlightened Florist

Post by Dimebog »

wangho wrote:it looks like about 4 or 5 of us have played it, why aren't the rest of you folks posting? This is some monumental Blood stuff going on here. you guys not wanting to embrace it seems really strange to me, im sure these guys would like to hear a few words for the extraordinary work put into this thing. This is all for you... the supposed Blood fans.

By the way, anyone found any of the secrets on map 6? I've got 0 of 4 every time.
People don't seem to be too interested in new BLOOD contents anymore. :? Kindof breaks my heart.

:rip:
Zardoz
Fanatic

Post by Zardoz »

Some of us can't make the computers go.... :(
Zardoz
Fanatic

Post by Zardoz »

Hey, wait just a minute...

All this time I thought that adding in game text that could be activated by the player would have to function like the console.. but , but...
Cant you just use invisible geometry with a page pasted on... drawn up to look like an open book? Something that would spawn only when activated?
Maybe changed out once activated a second time to simulate turning a page?

Dammit man, why didn't you tell me this could be done?!?
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

I downloaded it. First level is friggin zany. I like it! I have yet to play it farther. :-P
wangho
Acolyte

Post by wangho »

alright, I finshed up the rest of level 6 and went on to complete it.

*more slight spoilers*

I'm gonna take back some criticism towards map 6, I kinda feel like the area is small enough not to get too confused with the amount of fog. Of course, it is always nice to see where you are going though. Once this area was complete and I moved onwards, well, the meat and potatoes and climax justifies any ill will towards the fog and everything. That was a very tense moment aboard the ride and it was timed perfectly. That's some deftly made stuff Daed and I know how painstaking such a sequence can be to make.

The next map, a homecoming of sorts, is action packed and is the toughest of the lot. Even though I would liked to have seen a fresh map, I understand the story you're trying to tell and the grand arc of everything. It all makes sense and I didnt have any bones about it.

Then we have the showdown. The sequences in the main smackdown room combined with the amazing custom midi creates great tension and I liked the strange lighting effect on the wall, the floor waves, and the pillars crashing through the earth. We go outside to witness superb gothic lighting and a huge staircase that is atmosphere out the ass. Nice, unique lighting effect going on around there. Very smart stuff. The view at the very end needs to be framed. Gorgeous.

Well, this thing is a ton of fun and beats everything out there in every department except for maybe the surrealism of Felix Drott's stuff in Episode 2 of Bloodlines, but that is a special case in and of itself. I was surprised with the amount of restraint and subtlety you guys practiced and by the exceptional abilities of everyone involved with the project. You guys make an excellent team and looking forward to the next chapters is almost like looking forward to the next Indiana Jones film or something. I mean every word that I say here and I hope I don't try to sound like I'm trying to kiss too much arse, but it's all really great stuff and I for one, really appreciate the effort!
Dimebog
The Enlightened Florist

Post by Dimebog »

RATM coop? TOTALE KRIEG!

Post by Guest »

A really awesome addon.
I really enjoyed the episode but it's a bit short.
So far my favorites levels are Tchernobog's Fatal Flaw and Green Town.
All maps are well decorated but map2 could need more stuff. Knee-deep in the Undead was not so great. At least for me. But the areas at the end of the map are "sweet". Oh and finally there is another train level but it misses a few special-lookin' rooms.
The music is also well done, not as creepy and strongly as the original midis but still better than the music of "new" games!

The biggest surprise were the cutscenes. What a freaky design. I like it but I am also disappointed about the animations. Reminds me of flash movies. Maybe some text bubbles for a better comik look? I would prefer the design of the website animation. Or why not using the editor-screens of blood2 models + a few additional filters? so it may look more like the original design. Anyway I still like it and gladly someone decided to do it.

The best effect of the whole addon was the sliding show at the end of level 1.

Thinking about cutscenes... Here is my Duke vs Caleb Lego Trailer. The complete movie is still not uploaded. There is also the meeting with Tchernobog and a train scene.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=tcEiIUNpLGs

I hope there will be soon a second epsiode!
-Darkone1349
Daedalus
The Dreaming God

Post by Daedalus »

Thanks for the kind words, Kurt, Wangho, Darkone, Slink and Chris.

Don't be afraid to put spoilers in your reports, just as long as users are sufficiently notified.

Nice pics, Dime. ;)
wangho
Acolyte

Post by wangho »

Bloodbath on the train map looks like it would be some insane fun

Post by Guest »

Yeah nice pics. Sadly I never played the mutiplayer part of Blood.

There is something I forgot to mention.
There should be more movie or game references. But maybe I need to find more secrets or maybe I don't notice the references. I guess Knee-deep in the Undead is a reference to Doom.

-Darkone
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

Anonymous wrote:Thinking about cutscenes... Here is my Duke vs Caleb Lego Trailer. The complete movie is still not uploaded. There is also the meeting with Tchernobog and a train scene.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=tcEiIUNpLGs
I hope there will be soon a second epsiode!
-Darkone1349
OMG! If ONLY we had the Blood source, we could make a game with Duke AND Caleb in DM. sigh* Plz don't start a discussion in this thread about this. ;-P Meh.
Ra_Ra_Gazaa
Resident Phantasm

Post by Ra_Ra_Gazaa »

wangho wrote:why aren't the rest of you folks posting?
Or you could say "Why are you posting and not playing the game like the rest of us?" :wink:

:phantasm:
RedFanatic
A More Tidy Caleb

Post by RedFanatic »

Hurray Hurray Hurray :D :guns:

More Blood and quality stuff too by the looks of it,
I shall be playing and enjoying as soon as i can.
wangho
Acolyte

Post by wangho »

Anonymous wrote:Yeah nice pics. Sadly I never played the mutiplayer part of Blood.

There is something I forgot to mention.
There should be more movie or game references. But maybe I need to find more secrets or maybe I don't notice the references. I guess Knee-deep in the Undead is a reference to Doom.

-Darkone
He could be right about the references, the only one off the tip of my mind that I'm aware of is from the Blair Witch Project (kickass film by the way!) Does anyone know of any more?