HL 2 anybody?

Anything gaming related that is not red and gooey goes in here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

-ED
Cabal member

HL 2 anybody?

Post by -ED »

Just interested - if anybody is playing/played HL2? i even more interested if anybody has GOOD impressions about it...
although i love the game a lot, it sadly has some minor things. Things that will be accounted by mass media some years later i guess, coz almost all of the reviewers seem to just don't see any disadvantages in it....
anyway, i love how HL became more surreal, more far from reality.
the structure of really different chapters gave more freedom to developers and some things look really cool.
Ravenholm chapter in fact is very much horror themed and dark. very beatiful!
i also love combine much more than "normal" soldiers from HL1 and alike games...
And some chapters have really good "meat" action and shooting...
well, i still need to finish it and understand what i'll think about it after that...
opinions anybody?
Damien_Azreal
Satan's Spawn

Post by Damien_Azreal »

I've played through it twice so far and I love it! Such a great game, yeah it has it's little flaws here and there, your team mates AI sucks, but every game has problems.

I can't wait for HL3 now... and I wasn't a fan of the original. But this is a great game, no way around it. But then again... it's just my opinion.

And wonderfully optimized, I can't believe how well this game plays and how great it looks. I'm running it at 1024*768, all details maxed, 4X AA, 8X AF... 100 FPS almost all the time. :D I'm so happy... I'm gonna go play it some more.
Gila
Ye Olde Bloodite

Post by Gila »

this game sucks! it has tons of small bugs and oversights. i hate combine soldiers, though they look cool, they suck. hl2 plays and feels the same as hl1, only this one has more eye candy. game is boring, etc. thank god i'm not hl/cs fanboy. sure physics are great, but hl2 feels almost as rushed as blood2 was. water is awesome tho. actually two big letdowns of recent games for me were doom3 and hl2.

but f*** that, battle out of hell addon for painkiller is really really near. oh yea.
Damien_Azreal
Satan's Spawn

Post by Damien_Azreal »

Well Gila... to each his own. But I to am waiting for Painkiller: BooH. :D :twisted: It's gonna kick ass.
Gila
Ye Olde Bloodite

Post by Gila »

well i mean come on. when you do such "big" thing like half-life 2, why on earth

- train that rides in the beginning of the are where you're running away to canals ride not move in the tracks?

- why most of objects are pickable with grav gun but dead corpses are not?

- found freeman stucking in alot of places where there are lots of polygonal detail (like dump or a bunch of crashed trees)

- weapon all sound really bad

- ai is not impressive, in the style of "stand around and die"

- sometimes if you kill a soldier he will do a flip as if he just got grenade up his ass blown up

- and there are tons more

nice work valve. and just go read all these steam complaints!
thank god i played pirated version.
Daedalus
The Dreaming God

Post by Daedalus »

Hahaha! You've got to excuse Gila - he always has his aggressive reviews!

But on a more serious note -

HALF-LIFE IS THE ENEMY!!!! DEATH TO THE INFIDELSSS!!!!!!!!!!

But no, I haven't played Half-Baked 2 and my computer couldn't run it in my dreams, so there!
RottKing
Axe Zombie

Post by RottKing »

Gila wrote:well i mean come on. when you do such "big" thing like half-life 2, why on earth

- train that rides in the beginning of the are where you're running away to canals ride not move in the tracks?

- why most of objects are pickable with grav gun but dead corpses are not?

- found freeman stucking in alot of places where there are lots of polygonal detail (like dump or a bunch of crashed trees)

- weapon all sound really bad

- ai is not impressive, in the style of "stand around and die"

- sometimes if you kill a soldier he will do a flip as if he just got grenade up his ass blown up

- and there are tons more

nice work valve. and just go read all these steam complaints!
thank god i played pirated version.
Wow, well, not to start a flame war, but you just totally missed the point of the game. You're treating the smallest of problems as if it totally ruins the game like some huge glitch. Every game has it's small problems, are you going to dislike every game you play because there are some small details about it that p*** you off? Stop being so picky man. :P
Gila
Ye Olde Bloodite

Post by Gila »

maybe.

but...

HALF LIFE IS THE ENEMY
DEATH TO THE INFIDELS

=)
Daedalus
The Dreaming God

Post by Daedalus »

:: Raises his fist ::

Amen Gila! I'll get the molotov cocktails!!!!

Burn the infidel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BURN IT!!!!!!!!!!!!
Fiend:Kamikaze
A LUMBERJACK!

Post by Fiend:Kamikaze »

Half-Life 2 is one of the most annoying things I've seen in years.

I'm about halfway through now. At this point, the story seems incoherent, the levels gimmicky, and the whole thing seems to have been aimed at console gamers. :cry: Very sad.
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

I don't have the game (yet), but I am willing to say that I think it has GREAT potential... :) I'm sure there are a bunch of drawbacks to the HL2 engine though, as we here have discovered all others have... :)
-Slink
Gila
Ye Olde Bloodite

Post by Gila »

it was potential when f*** valve promised TOO MANY things.

now it's clearly a scripted piece of crap
Fiend:Kamikaze
A LUMBERJACK!

Post by Fiend:Kamikaze »

I just finished Half-Life. It ended like it was all the way through - confusing, muttled, scripted. HL2's final battle looked like it was rushed.
Vulgar
Axe Zombie

Post by Vulgar »

I am a huge fan of the HL series, HL was one of the few games that shaped my outlook on how games should be, what they should feel like, ect. Half Life 1, being a fairly out-of-date game, still has the ability to maintain a massive fanbase (Mostly nubs, but nubs are people to[?]) and the release of HL2 seemed to rejuvinate the tired community. Yet, people with crappy computrons (me included) still play HL1 while there are many other newer games that would run just as well, why? Its a helluva great game.