Fake Poll: What games are in your collection?

Anything not gaming related goes here. Not sure where something should be posted? Post it in here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

wangho
Acolyte

Post by wangho »

Damien_Azreal wrote:I'm a FPS whore on PC, it's about all I play so that makes it easy there. And with consoles I'm pretty picky. Plus I'm not a huge console fan... otherwise I would have a list as you describe.

P.S. ;) I love my Wii... and I don't feel dirty saying that.
whats so great about this Wii thing? remote control for a controller?
Damien_Azreal
Satan's Spawn

Post by Damien_Azreal »

Slink wrote:How the bloody hell do you call yourself an PC FPS whore if you have Half-Life for F***ING PS2? WhaT THE HELL IS THaT? ;)
It was a gift from a family member, they thought I would like it. ;) I've never played it though... only FPS I play on my PS2 are Black and Darkwatch.
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

Damien_Azreal wrote:
Slink wrote:How the bloody hell do you call yourself an PC FPS whore if you have Half-Life for F***ING PS2? WhaT THE HELL IS THaT? ;)
It was a gift from a family member, they thought I would like it. ;) I've never played it though... only FPS I play on my PS2 are Black and Darkwatch.
Aw, sad. You're torn between sentimentality and exchanging that game for one that is more fun? :) Sorry, I just noticed Half-Life.
Necrosis
Bubble Wrap Man
*not Canadian*

Post by Necrosis »

I have like three boxes full of NES cartridges (not to mention like every acessory there is for the thing outside of the REALLY obscure ones or the ones that just plain don't work), a couple suitcases (yes, suitcases) full of SNES games and the SNES still set up, an Atari that doesn't work and a crapton of games for it, a fried Genesis and a duffel bag of games for it, I actually DO have a saturn but only 5 or so games for it, and no, no Jaguar. But yes. I DO have Commodore 64 games. And Intellivision. Not sure if you'd count it, but I've also got a broken Amiga and a lot of games for that (Shadow of the Beast FTW).

It's too recent to play a big part in this discussion but I also have a Dreamcast still set up and I'm still buying games for the thing, for some reason I left my PS1 set up, and the N64 permanently occupies my basement TV.
wangho
Acolyte

Post by wangho »

i really loved my 3DO machine back in the day. That thing was awesome and the games were great. Space Hulk, Road Rash, the first Need for Speed, an identical arcade clone of Super Street Fighter II, Rebel Assault, GEX, all those games were great
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

Necrosis wrote:I have like three boxes full of NES cartridges (not to mention like every acessory there is for the thing outside of the REALLY obscure ones or the ones that just plain don't work), a couple suitcases (yes, suitcases) full of SNES games and the SNES still set up, an Atari that doesn't work and a crapton of games for it, a fried Genesis and a duffel bag of games for it, I actually DO have a saturn but only 5 or so games for it, and no, no Jaguar. But yes. I DO have Commodore 64 games. And Intellivision. Not sure if you'd count it, but I've also got a broken Amiga and a lot of games for that (Shadow of the Beast FTW).

It's too recent to play a big part in this discussion but I also have a Dreamcast still set up and I'm still buying games for the thing, for some reason I left my PS1 set up, and the N64 permanently occupies my basement TV.
Good lord, child! Those things are much older than you are. Who was your mentor? ;)
Necrosis
Bubble Wrap Man
*not Canadian*

Post by Necrosis »

Hehe, the NES, Atari, Commodore 64, Intellivision, etc. are all other people's that were given to me. Everything else is younger than me, though, so yeah...

Anyways, as far as my mentor, besides many gaming cousins, my parents are/were both gamers (my dad doesn't have time for that anymore, my mom plays strictly maplestory), and since then I've been pretty much self-sustaining.

Also, I left out a colecovision. I just found my Arctic Adventure cartridge. XD
Drakan

Necv Xouhkot

Post by Drakan »

wangho wrote:
Damien_Azreal wrote:I'm a FPS whore on PC, it's about all I play so that makes it easy there. And with consoles I'm pretty picky. Plus I'm not a huge console fan... otherwise I would have a list as you describe.

P.S. ;) I love my Wii... and I don't feel dirty saying that.
whats so great about this Wii thing? remote control for a controller?
Yep. I wouldn't bowl, play baseball and other such sports in games in any other manner. Oh, and add the nun-chuck and you've got the best FPS gaming machine along side the PC. Seriously. They just need more FPS titles for it.
Necrosis
Bubble Wrap Man
*not Canadian*

Post by Necrosis »

And/or less Red Steel sucking really bad. :(
Damien_Azreal
Satan's Spawn

Post by Damien_Azreal »

Necrosis wrote:And/or less Red Steel sucking really bad. :(
Actually, I was a little put off by what I was hearing about Red Steel. But I finally picked it up, and I can say it's a pretty good game.

The main problem with it is the control setup, and there's not really anything wrong with it. It's just odd to get used to at first. But once you get it down it's really easy to take down the enemies.

The sword play is a little odd, and some of the moves you learn latter in the game can be a little hard to pull off. But overall it's fun to dodge to the side when the enemy swings, and you slice him in the face.

But the only things that really bug me... turning. It works fine, but the weapon model is animated to move in the direction you turn. And it moves way to much. The weapon models should be fixed in place a bit more.

And for a game called Red Steel... there's no blood. :? That's a little odd. But the game uses the Unreal Engine so it does look very nice, and some of the lighting effects are really impressive.
Drakan

Necv Xouhkot

Post by Drakan »

Yeah but think about this Damien; if that little cursor is moved to say, all the way to the left, and I fire and the gun just sits there in place like a PC game using it's firing animation... Given that it's a hell of a lot different to turning with mice or anolog sticks.

Don't you think that'd look odd?

ANd actually, sword fighting didn't feel odd, it felt sluggish. the swords just didn't follow the wiimote or nunchuck authentically, but I suppose things will get better in future games. Nice game though.
Damien_Azreal
Satan's Spawn

Post by Damien_Azreal »

I understand the weapons have to follow the cursor when turning, I was saying they are overdone. The weapons can follow the cursor... but the extent at which they do if you turn left is way overdone.

And I didn't find the sword fighting sluggish, is your sensitivity set right?
Drakan

Necv Xouhkot

Post by Drakan »

Ahh I see what you're saying now. And hell, it was even more overdone if you side-stepped too.

And I'm not saying that the sword fighting moves weren't easy to pull off or anything, the sensitivity was fine. But yeah, put it this way...

Slash left, 1 second pause, slash right, one second pause, ect. Just would have been nice to be more vigourous, but hey, that's just me bitching. :) It's not like I found it completely boring, it was fun. Just felt slow.

(but I didn't have to button mash so it's cool as phuck! :D)
Vuzeth
Deceptossum

Post by Vuzeth »

My game collection:
Blood 1
Blood Special Edition (censored)
Blood Plasma Pak
Blood Cryptic Passage
Blood OWU
Blood OWU (sealed CD)
Blood 2
Blood 2 Nightmare Levels
Claw
Hexen Deathkings (but don't have original Hexen :()
Firewarrior
Apocalyptica
Enclave
Curse: The eye of Isis
Firestarter
and some other...
Bought them on eBay year ago. All original U.S. versions, some have boxes.
F***, it was awesome hard to get them shipped to russia.
+about 100 russian legal games, not to mention pirated ones