Update to Carnage 1.11. Download now

Discuss and hash out the Blood universe here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

Harry
Cultist

Update to Carnage 1.11. Download now

Post by Harry »

Contains a new (starting) level, a new final boss level, some new art and cutscenes should always work. No real ending though,

http://files.deathmask.net/user_addons/ ... ge_v11.zip

Waiting to hear your comments on the new map.
wangho
Acolyte

Re: Update to Carnage 1.11. Download now

Post by wangho »

Harry wrote:Contains a new (starting) level, a new final boss level, some new art and cutscenes should always work. No real ending though,

http://files.deathmask.net/user_addons/ ... ge_v11.zip

Waiting to hear your comments on the new map.

Just checked it out Harry, havent completed it quite yet, but so far it is very, very good. Its probablly the best map of your TC. What I liked? *SPOILERS*

I loved the alien sound as you pass the window with the car, wicked! The atmosphere is just what I was looking for in a map. The opening view at the beginning where the dog is barking is just just a really nice sight, I really felt some serious atmosphere there at the very start. Something I dont like is trying to toss the dynamite to angle in towards the crack in the wall. I had the Load a few times, but it felt great to finally nail it. dying from trying to jump through that open plate of glass kinda angered me the first time because I didnt save up that point, but its all good, since I like just walking through the map anyway. These are minor nitpicks. The moths are a neat effect! Ill resume a little later on, but its an awesome map so far. I'd say this new one, Nothing Like The Rain, and last pyramid level are at the top of the top of Blood levels.

When did you make this level? It's brand new I assume. The thing I notice Harry, is that when you think you're tapped for ideas and cant make another Blood map, all it really takes is to just fire up Mapedit and start with some kinda interesting spawn and just do it, sometimes without a plan. The plans and ideas happen after the map is started, is what I realized after making a few maps. There's always some interesting atmosphere or locale to make. Saying this, I hope you don't abandon Blood map-making and continue doing more stuff
StIwY
Cultist

Post by StIwY »

Sorry, but what is carnage ? :phantasm:
Harry
Cultist

Post by Harry »

Thanks a lot, wangho. You really notice all the details and subtleties in a map. It makes the whole effort really worth it. Yes, this map is brand new and took less than a month to make. I felt guilty about the "Town" map and hence made a replacement.
wangho
Acolyte

Post by wangho »

whats up with the lack of replies here? Im not the only one that's played it am I? Its a really great map and is a a better opening to the addon
RedFanatic
A More Tidy Caleb

Post by RedFanatic »

Carnage is an AMAZING addon for Blood that Harry made you can get
here on the forum Stiwy.

and yeah i'm sorry for not adding my thoughts on this update but to my great shame i just haven't had the time to play any Blood for ages and
i've been dying to have a really good Carnage session.

but even if i haven't played it if it's an improvement on Carnage then it's
certainly going to be stunning
Krypto
Cultist

Post by Krypto »

RedFanatic wrote: my great shame i just haven't had the time to play any Blood for
Wow me to i haven't played Blood for like 2 months :shock: I've never played Carnage silly me, due to me playing the original episodes and i got scared away by some addons :| but i will take a look as soon as i can sounds bloodtastic :wink:
wangho
Acolyte

Post by wangho »

Krypto wrote:
RedFanatic wrote: my great shame i just haven't had the time to play any Blood for
Wow me to i haven't played Blood for like 2 months :shock: I've never played Carnage silly me, due to me playing the original episodes and i got scared away by some addons :| but i will take a look as soon as i can sounds bloodtastic :wink:
scared away? Oh, you played 'Old Friend'
Harry
Cultist

Post by Harry »

Once again, many thanks for your support wangho.

I did'nt realise there were many random 'addons' here and there to scare people away from trying TCC.
Necrosis
Bubble Wrap Man
*not Canadian*

Post by Necrosis »

Harry, I'm about to play the original version of Carnage, have been for about this whole past week. I'm looking forward to it. I'll comment when I'm done.

Old friend? Wait, so is this the good kind of scary, super-good atmosphere and all, or the disgusting kind of scary? The title alone scares me into thinking it's the latter. 0_o
wangho
Acolyte

Post by wangho »

Necrosis wrote:Harry, I'm about to play the original version of Carnage, have been for about this whole past week. I'm looking forward to it. I'll comment when I'm done.

Old friend? Wait, so is this the good kind of scary, super-good atmosphere and all, or the disgusting kind of scary? The title alone scares me into thinking it's the latter. 0_o
nah, you're way off the mark

Post by Guest »

Here's a request: Try to do a Insane Aslyum level
Harry (not logged in)

Post by Harry (not logged in) »

An Insane Asylum level is available in Bloodlnes.
Blood of Nightmares
Zealot

Post by Blood of Nightmares »

Harry (not logged in) wrote:An Insane Asylum level is available in Bloodlnes.

Well I know, but I would also see a atmisphereic Insane Asylum that has the same style (or actually even scarier and an uneasy feeling) as most of the levels from Carnage aswell.....

Speaking of which, Where can I find Bloodlines?
wangho
Acolyte

Post by wangho »

what makes you think all that if you havent played Bloodlines either?