Time to start piling up the bodies!

Discuss model development here.
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

That is friggin awesome (wings esp.). I think he needs some hard shading on his underside, note the wing bones, chest, tail, groin, feet, etc. Looks pretty great. The teeth look worlds better, AMAZING. If only they could look rediculously long, crooked and less numerous, as in the original.

As far as the model, I think we could afford about 3x as many triangles on the horns for better detail, and the ears could use some work (should be turned backward slightly). The eye sockets just have to be redone. Either he looks too surprised, or like a robot. Note the frown on his brow. Needs slightly less protrudent cheek bones. The nose should taper outward and slant in toward the lip more, the teeth should buck out more, the eyes should fill the sockets more. The nose is almost inexistant, fading entirely into the lip and cheeks, creating a rather flat face, save for the bridge of the nose near the frown of the brow. Overall, the head just needs more polygons. The model is absolutely an excellent start. PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE take this as constructive criticism.

Regarding the nose and mouth, and overall expression, our model sorta looks like an old man trying really hard to take a crap. He is, with all due respect, expressionless.

Bloodily yours,

-Slink
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

Alright, I think I got the skin tone a closer aproximation.

Okay, I did some work on the eyes and nose.

You guys are going to have to realize that this skin is a compellation of how the gargoyle looks through his various stages of animation. The nose is black in the tile above, but in different tiles, the nose has a lot more detail and definition. If I go overboard with the shading and do a 1:1 copy, it's going to look stupid throughout a good chunk of the other animations.
Willis

Master of the Mask
Lead Programmer

Post by Willis »

That looks amazing!

The only complaints I have now are model complaints ;p
The teeth, as mentioned before are too numerous and the wrong shape, and the horns need a little bend :P
Also, the jaw should be slanted down a bit further to give the face a slightly more oval look from the front angle.

excellent skinning though! :)
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

Most of the skin is still oBe's, I just did a little work on the face and arms and changed the coloring a little.
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

Much better, but needs just a tiny bit less RED. :) Excellent point with the shading, Cruaich, how silly of me. :oops:

I just noticed that the spikes on the top of each midwing joint do not exist on the original, but look cool, none the less. The claws, however, I think are a nice touch, as they make him look less "Gumby". :) I like how Willis explained the jaw and face and especially the manner in which he agreed with my comment on the teeth. ;)

Like Willis said, model issues. All of this work has been excellent! This gargoyle will eventually be bitchin'.

-Slink
mouth
Acolyte

Post by mouth »

I like the skin very mucho! :)
tomylee
Axe Zombie

Wow!

Post by tomylee »

That gargoyle is f*** awesome =P.
It is like the good old one, but this one rox a little more =D
oBe
Cabal member

Post by oBe »

Daedalus
The Dreaming God

Post by Daedalus »

Outstanding.
oBe
Cabal member

Post by oBe »

An older one I forgot to post:

leileilol

o^_^o

Post by leileilol »

Too short?
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

I think that's just perspective. I like it :D
predator
Lead Mapper

Post by predator »

Yes, this new lantern skin looks great. Good job oBe. :)
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

Nice lantern. Hate that damn 351988465:2 perspective. :) Or was it the other way around? Anyway, the main problem with the new gargoyle is only his head and face. The rest is phenomenal. He looks like an old man who is pooping.
noy jitat

gargoyle

Post by noy jitat »

Hey just wanted to add (if no one else has) that the fleshy part of the wings should curve up in between the bones instead of going straight across. In addition to some facial changes, that model will be fantastic!