half life 2 engine

Want to see something included in the game? Let us know here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

Icer
Axe Zombie

half life 2 engine

Post by Icer »

why cant you guys use the half life 2 engine, or what was it called, "source" or something? well whatever. it be cool too, all the nice models that can be used and stuff. the quake1 engine is lame as hell, im sure that the half life 2 engine would be more sufficeint. i know the quake engine allows players to play even if they dont have the original but if they dont have the game, go buy it! stop being cheap!
check out this conversion that remakes the n64 game goldeneye.

goldeneye source

heres a screenshot, its not showing much, but i couldent get a better pic.

Last edited by Icer on Sat Jun 17, 2006 05:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lizzy
Is she coming or going?

Post by Lizzy »

There are many reasons to why there not using the half life 2 engine, you will be explained this, questions like theses have been answered already.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

1, The HL2 engine is not open sourced (you can get the sources if you pay, of course)
2, It's for windows only

The TF project's goals are:

-make a free, open sourced game based on Blood
-make this game cross-platform

End of discussion.
Icer wrote:the quake1 engine is lame as hell
:veryangry: -> :shooting: -> :headshot: -> :rip:
Last edited by Anonymous on Sat Jun 17, 2006 05:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Icer
Axe Zombie

Post by Icer »

are you calling me a noob dumbo? i only suggested this, the last time i checked this was the SUGGESTIONS FORUM right? so get over it.

:guns: - :headshot:
Last edited by Icer on Sat Jun 17, 2006 05:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Drakan

Necv Xouhkot

Post by Drakan »

You have no idea how many times everyone's had this worthless discussion with some passer-byer, do you?
leileilol

o^_^o

Post by leileilol »

BU TTHE GAME SUCKS IF IT DOES NOT HAVE RAGDOOLS, ROLING CRATES AND REFLECTIVE WATER NO
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

OH YEAH! AND LOLOLOL DIRECTX 9 ROXORRRRRRRRRZZZZ!!!!!

:evillaugh:
scar3crow
kvlt-anaatmanah

Post by scar3crow »

ah... humor... suggesting Source because the Quake engine is "lame"...

you know what, you should use trains for transportation, because those vehicles you use that run on rails are lame.
Icer
Axe Zombie

Post by Icer »

god, i didnt know how definsive you guys could be about your precious quake engine, jeesh!
scar3crow
kvlt-anaatmanah

Post by scar3crow »

You mean your precious Source engine, because its the same engine.

Suggesting using Source is recommending a regression in technology and a lot of needless extra work to port things.

DarkPlaces is just fine, considering it is more powerful than Source and most other engines. What you are recommending is a loss of time, for lower quality with a more narrow playing field on significantly weaker technology.
Source only looks good because Valve has a good texture and model team, it is ancient in reality.
Anonymous

Post by Anonymous »

Yeah. Check out Vampire: The Masquerade Bloodlines. It's powered by Source, and it looks ugly as hell.
Zardoz
Fanatic

Post by Zardoz »

It's in the read before posting thread and even the "about transfusion" page but why not make a sticky called "You should use the______ engine". I mean it comes up over and over again so people obviously need to vent there spleens on this issue no matter what. If we get it in a sticky maybe it would be easier to avoid for those who've been around a while.
Icer
Axe Zombie

Post by Icer »

i always read the read before posting stuff. its important. i just wanted to bring it up that the quake engine is absolute crap. thats all im trying to point out in this post.
scar3crow
kvlt-anaatmanah

Post by scar3crow »

If thats what youre trying to do then I suggest you stop pointing and stop merely shouting. If you are making a case of Valve's modification of the Quake engine for HL2, then yes you could say it is more powerful than stock Quake engine, but Transfusion is using DarkPlaces, which is hardly weak.