A Project I have Been Working On For Blood2....

Discuss and hash out the Blood universe here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

I Live...AGAIN
Cabal member

A Project I have Been Working On For Blood2....

Post by I Live...AGAIN »

not perfect yet but getting there :P

http://home.comcast.net/~jvolante6/compare.jpg
I Live...AGAIN
Cabal member

Post by I Live...AGAIN »

Image[/img]
-ED
Cabal member

Post by -ED »

whoa! looks cool! i guess if you use Nightmare entities - you can even have cultists! :) if singleplay is planned for that map.

BTW, i know that DEdit exports B2 source maps pretty good into Q maps. has anybody heard of (or may be thought of) another converter Q>B2. I guess it won't be a big deal since basic geometry requirements are pretty same for brushes...

Argh, and what is projec status?
Daedalus
The Dreaming God

Post by Daedalus »

Who dares push my topic from the top of the list ? :wink:

I really like the look of that picture! The lighting really does it! But I'll whip out my favourite fan-boy excuse - it just ain't Blood. :)

Post by Guest »

Ed - I have tried for a loooong time to find some kind of converter from any engine to B2 .ed format. with no luck.

(HEHE, I just realized that I'm talking to ED about Blood2 .ed files :P)
I Live...AGAIN
Cabal member

Post by I Live...AGAIN »

Oops, forgot to log in......

Singleplay is definitley planned for that map, I am planning on cultists and hopfully axe zombies too. I'm working on an entire singleplayer episode for B2.
The E1M1 conversion is just something I was playing around with to see how close I could get it to the original.
Gila
Ye Olde Bloodite

Post by Gila »

i actually kind of liked the blood 2 remix of blood1 e1m1. called bb_jgrave or something. sorry for the offtopic. :)

Post by Guest »

yeah Gila, I liked it too, but it was missing some of the areas of the original map, it was great fun in Bloodbath though....
Willis

Master of the Mask
Lead Programmer

Post by Willis »

Wow those trees in B2 really remind me of Hexen 2 :P

I kinda like the skyboxes from Blood 2, but they're a little too, well, colorful I guess

Looks like you've done a fine job though, as it was mentioned, those windows look wrong, but the shot you have standing in the gravehard, they look more correct, so it must simply be a point of view in 3d thing.
predator
Lead Mapper

Post by predator »

Cool stuff, ILA. :D

Post by Guest »

Thanks for the input guys! There will be much more to come..... :P
I Live...AGAIN
Cabal member

Post by I Live...AGAIN »

Damn! I hate when I forget to log in :P

Willis - I agree about the sky, I'm working on a more E1M1-type sky right now :)
-ED
Cabal member

Post by -ED »

whoa! COOL!!! i wish a had time and skill and your blessing to take part in this project too...:) and i MUST admit that i'm kneeling (it means fall on my knees right?) for doing things with B2 (actually with DEdit). i loved the editor itself actually, and i love the game and engine (i love Shogo, nolfs, AvP and even - forgive me - Mob Enforcer, and Tron 2.0 of course), but some karma always keep me from doing any maps...

and about ED:) first unreal alphas and betas had "-editor" option (doom 3 has something like that too?). i could write -EDitor:) well, it's not the explanation anyway, but it has sence... in time if we still keep communicating you'll notice how often ED or -ED pops up here and there:)
-ED
Cabal member

Post by -ED »

forgot to add: I LOVE BLOOD 2's sky boxes. I JUST L-O-V-E THEM!!! and frankly i still love them more than any other. no other game gave me the feeling of that deep sky, of that HUGE city going off beyond the level borders... argh...