I'm asking for trouble. . .

Discuss and hash out the Blood universe here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

Should Ðædalu§ Ðeathmask get his name in the Transfusion Credits?

Yes
20%
No
No votes
Yes, but only in a subliminal way
60%
Go away
No votes
You didn't do any work, therefore you don't qualify
20%

Total votes: 5
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

Okay, well this is what I'm after.
Here we have a picture from The Wrong Side of the Tracks (E1M2)

If you notice other than just hanging there on the wall, it has a special effect; it drips blood.
Now what else can we learn abou it? We know you can destroy it with TNT or Napalm, but are there other ways of destroying it? Can you shoot it with a double barrel shotgun as you can with some of the world objects ? Can you light it on fire with the spray can (no), and if you can, does it glow for a time afterwards?
Once we destroy it, how exactly does it come apart? Does it fling out paper looking white bits? Or does it fling out flaming peices of wood? or both.

The hard data for this item:
Art Tile: Tile0621
Destructable: Yes
Kill Type: D1 (Explosives: TNT Napalm, AltSpray, AltTesla)
Gibs type: Wood + Wood2 (tiles3135 to 3139 and tiles2280 to 2287)
Sound: I can't tell for certin with the explosive sound of the TNT going boom.

I've done a number of them, but I can't be certain that I've cought everything, just by walking up to an item and destroing it ever way I can think of. With Mapedit you should beable to see what specific effects are tied to the object.

This needs to be done for world objects as well. There is genearly a set thing that happens when an item is destroyed but every now and again there is something special that happens.

We also will need a list of unique world items per map if we are to reproduce them efficently. For instance, the lamp shows up just outside of the crypt, once that's modled and skinned it can be used anyplace else in the game. This will let Luke and I get a good idea of what we need to right away for the game if we want to finish up all the world items for "The way of all Flesh"

I've already started a list, and I can send it to you if your interested.
Daedalus
The Dreaming God

Post by Daedalus »

Woah... a list like that for every sprite?!

It's lengthy, but there is no limit for effort I would put in to enhance the Blood community.

I'm your man. Give me the list and I'll see what I can do with it! Mapedit, here I come! 8)
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

Cool, good to hear it! I'll email it off. It's an Excell file but it will open just fine in OpenOffice
SIN
Rat

Post by SIN »

Rage against the machine.... quite a good name. A new campaign Daedalus, quite interesting. Promises to be good, hey! Well we will see how good it really is......
Gila
Ye Olde Bloodite

Post by Gila »

hey SIN, do you know how his first campaign was called?
you'll never guess. it was called... 'The SIN Campaign!'.
it was good! do you have anything to do with that maybe?
Daedalus
The Dreaming God

Post by Daedalus »

The coincidence just blows me away. . .