Blood Addon: The Carnage Continues

Discuss and hash out the Blood universe here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

jimr416
Rat

dead end

Post by jimr416 »

Harry, I've finally figured out what my problem with the second key on the first level was. I got so tired of being stuck, I finally cheated, and it's a good thing.

When I started the game, I got injured by the critters guarding the first key. My health went down to 48, I figured ok, I'll find some health later. Later, when you try the light switch, the explosion that accompanies the second key always killed me! I guess 48 health isn't enough to survive the explosion so close.

This basically turns the game into a dead end. I've been stuck here for many hours, finally gave up and cheated, glad I did. I think you might want to remove the dead end I uncovered.

Jim
Slava
Rat

Post by Slava »

Later, when you try the light switch, the explosion that accompanies the second key always killed me!
:D Simply run out from the room and wait
r_cain
The Drinking God

Post by r_cain »

Sorry, but just to be, well me, has this latest patch fixed the lack of light when dynamite/aerosol is lit?

If so, i havent got it.

If not, i have it.

Sorry, but im noo good with patches
Slava
Rat

Post by Slava »

Does anyone knows how to turn out lasers in the bank? Behind door "moon" in the very first level. Although there is a way to safely slip by, but it looks like a cheat or bug.
Harry

Post by Harry »

The explosive lasers? Just shoot the wires on the right...and look inside...he he

Damn..I'm giving away too many spoilers (admin please put a spoiler warning on the title)
Harry

Post by Harry »

Dudes, the .smk files play fine with the latest RAD tools...

Necrosis
Bubble Wrap Man
*not Canadian*

Post by Necrosis »

Uh, dude... I remember reading somewhere that it requires a 1.6 Smacker tools or something. Ack. oBe made a guide to it I think, but of course I'm never right about this kind of thing and then I don't have links anyways. Hopefully no one's getting tired of correcting me and linking to stuff I mention.
Blood of Nightmares
Zealot

Post by Blood of Nightmares »

When I run nocuts.bat and start with the first epidsode, The game crashes because of high Frequency
Harry

Post by Harry »

Never heard of or encountered this out of frequency error. Besides, the cutscenes have no sound! :|
Blood of Nightmares
Zealot

Post by Blood of Nightmares »

Harry wrote:Never heard of or encountered this out of frequency error. Besides, the cutscenes have no sound! :|
Yeah when I start the first epidsode the game crashes leaving only a purple countdown window (stand by) that says "Out of Frequency".
r_cain
The Drinking God

Post by r_cain »

ok, im begging now.

How do you get this add-on to work?

Idiot's guide pls :D
oBe
Cabal member

Post by oBe »

If you use Build in XP, just specify nocuts.bat instead of Blood.exe in your blood.vlp properties.
r_cain
The Drinking God

Post by r_cain »

eh? :shock:
Cruo
Axe Zombie

Post by Cruo »

Finally got a chance to play this last night before bed. Whew that first level is looooong. I played for probably more than an hour and I'm still on the first level. Excellent design, great gameplay. I'll either start writing up my review after I beat the first level tonight, or wait until I beat the whole episode.

*edit*
I haven't had problems with the cutscenes yet, but I'm still on the first level and only had to view the first cutscene so far. And they work with smacker tools.

Already went through the map twice, after I was forced to last time. Wasn't expecting the horde of monsters the second time through. I had to run past 1 cultist and a few Phantasms. Now I am going to enter that room with the lasers, equipped with no items, no ammo, and 20 health. There better be some goodies waiting for me, or no more monsters, or I'm screwed :)

Fiance declared tonight was "movie night" so I didn't get to play :( I'll have to finish the first level tomorrow.
*edit*
Harry

Post by Harry »

Cruo wrote:
*edit*
I haven't had problems with the cutscenes yet, but I'm still on the first level and only had to view the first cutscene so far. And they work with smacker tools.
*edit*
Hurray! 8) 8) 8) 8)

Use nocuts.bat just to be safe. :D

Thanks for the comments, BTW.