Blood as a text adventure

Discuss and hash out the Blood universe here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

User avatar
scar3crow
kvlt-anaatmanah
Posts: 386
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2005 06:22 pm
Contact:

Blood as a text adventure

Post by scar3crow » Thu Dec 29, 2005 11:09 am

The scraping of stone wakes you as the light falls into the soil, unexpectedly dropping in. Immediately you remember all that has happened, and venom fills your veins. With bitter respite filling your lungs, you stand up grasping the abandoned pitchfork by the edge of the grave stating to this world: "I live again."

Scanning the dingy mausoleum you spy two other graves and a curved structure in the far corner with a corner just before it leading towards another light source.

Do you:
A) Check the graves
B) Check the curved structure
C) Proceed around the corner
D) All of the above

Player chooses:
D) All of the above
You gain a box of flares from the rightside grave and a bundle of TNT from the round structure.

You pass by a fairly recent corpse and proceed to the illuminated doorway. It grindingly opens leading outside, revealing a few graves and an iron fence around a downward slope. You take a step forward, and the soil ahead of you looses, shuffles, sinks, and two hands appear, followed by more decay then flesh. The zombie staggers, grasping an axe and charges towards you.

Do you:
A) Attack with the pitchfork
B) Attack with the pitchfork defensely
C) Attack with the TNT
D) Run down the slope
E) Run back into the mausoleum

Player chooses:
B) Attack with the pitchfork defensely
Taking a step forward but with your right foot held back, standing ground you extend out with the pitchfork, piercing through the weak flesh of the zombies neck, seperating its head from the body, spraying you with blood as the stump of the neck fountains, its trajectory altered by the crumpling of the body. Putting your weight onto your right foot you step back safely, narrowly doding the axe it had already begun to bring down.

You turn away from now slightly more colorful scene towards the slope, but also take notice of the hedges which appear to be of a slightly different leaf, and not quite as thick.
User avatar
da_weezle
Acolyte
Posts: 499
Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2004 11:36 pm
Location: Iceland

Post by da_weezle » Thu Dec 29, 2005 12:36 pm

Check the hedges. 8)
User avatar
scar3crow
kvlt-anaatmanah
Posts: 386
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2005 06:22 pm
Contact:

Post by scar3crow » Thu Dec 29, 2005 01:04 pm

You approach the hedges, and can see glimpses of light peeking out from behind it, you move your hand out towards it and just before contact is made, it seems to grow away and inward, drawing back into the soil and surrounding hedges, leaving a clearing wide enough to walk through easily. Stepping through you find a secret grave, half filled, illuminated with a lamp, and strangely, light armor propped against the marker. You strap on the armor and trace your fingertips over the stone, reading the name Draven and remembering your Poe in a slight pun mutter aloud: "Nevermore."

Leaving the secluded area you make your way down the slope to arrive at a gate, and a discarded flare gun. It is loaded, but you keep the flares you found earlier on hand just in case. The gate opens with a creek, befitting of its tortured decaying iron and gothic ornamentation, you step out into a large opening.

To your left you see a funeral home, and a corpse pinned high up against its central walls. Scanning the horizon you spot more corpses, in the dappled moonlight of the skeleton trees. Immediately to your right is a tomb and in the distance an iron fence with an opening and a larger, but still small, graveyard.
Drakan

Necv Xouhkot

Posts: 1002
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2005 01:02 pm

Post by Drakan » Thu Dec 29, 2005 03:16 pm

Walk towards the graveyard.
User avatar
Hellen
The Eye of Beast
Posts: 291
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2005 04:40 am

Post by Hellen » Thu Dec 29, 2005 03:34 pm

To be accurate, flare gun is located somewhere near the Funeral House door, not in front of the gates.

And are text fps’s popular again? ;)
User avatar
scar3crow
kvlt-anaatmanah
Posts: 386
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2005 06:22 pm
Contact:

Post by scar3crow » Thu Dec 29, 2005 03:44 pm

You stride forward several feet towards the opening in the fence, as you get closer you see another body within that mass of tombs, hacked rather brutally. However you see that same shifting of soil, as several zombies arise from the earth, running towards you even more aggressively, one of them groaning "More brains!"

Do you:
A) Attack with pitchfork
B) Attack with flaregun
C) Attack with TNT
D) Retreat

Player chooses:
C) Attack with TNT
You light the fuse and hear its crackling music, clutching the bundle you gauge the zombies distance, and then after referencing the fuse once more, toss the bundle. It bounces once in the dirt and then lands at the feet of one of the last zombies, exploding. The last zombie turns into a fine mist practically, however the others are torn asunder and flung forward. Red rain meets the brim of your hat, and you can hear the smack of flesh against cold ground.

The explosion however has drawn attention, and a figure clad in a robe emerges from behind the tomb. "Crudux cruo!" Fresh indeed, but you feel its not your own blood that is to be exposed. However he quickly draws a sawed off shotgun.

Do you:

A) Attack with flaregun
B) Attack with pitchfork
C) Attack with TNT
D) Strafe and attack with X

Player chooses:
D) Strafe and attack; Player chooses flaregun
Running to the right you fire off a flare at him, he fires at the same time, and most of it empties into the tree you ran past, but you were a bit too far and take minor damage from a few stray pellets. However the flare has embedded intself into his abdomen, and though must hurt, what really affects him is the robe touching the flare itself, which quickly catches fire, consuming his whole body. "It burns, it burns!" No longer clinging onto his Latin you see these cultists though obsessed are rather petty when it comes down to true trial by fire. You watch him collapse to the ground no longer screaming as the flame had reached into his belly and began to reach his lungs. You wait for him to smoulder before examining the remains. Brushing leathery skin and charred muscle aside you draw his shotgun out of the folds of greasy fat, wiping it on your trench coat, and then spot a large key as well and think it worth holding on to.

You brush yourself off and look around, seeing the graveyard still open for exploration and the funeral home as well.
User avatar
scar3crow
kvlt-anaatmanah
Posts: 386
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2005 06:22 pm
Contact:

Post by scar3crow » Thu Dec 29, 2005 03:46 pm

Hellen; I havent been able to play Blood in... at least 5 years. Weep for me. But that aside, I realised later, but then thought it works just as well right there.

There will be inaccuracies, Ive been without a blood supply for far too long.
Drakan

Necv Xouhkot

Posts: 1002
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2005 01:02 pm

Post by Drakan » Thu Dec 29, 2005 04:01 pm

All is forgiven from me for that sca3crow, as like me, It's surely not your fault. Anyhoo....

Shall we explore the graveyward? (This makes an intresting fanfic too, by the way).
User avatar
scar3crow
kvlt-anaatmanah
Posts: 386
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2005 06:22 pm
Contact:

Post by scar3crow » Thu Dec 29, 2005 04:33 pm

Stepping passed the fences, you mingle through the gravestones, growing more familiar with this body since you first arose. Finding more TNT you gleefully collect it, having been rather satisfied with your last employment of its explosive personality. You step over another corpse on your way to the tomb, and attempting to open it discover with disappointment it is stuck.

You make your way back towards the funeral home, and insert the key into the door, it unlocks immediately and opens itself almost like a living being. You step into the entryway, looking forward while your left hand traces along the engravings in the wall, you stop briefly and then grin appreciating the personal touch as your digits read "I dismembered Momma", declaring this place formally open for your business.

Upon the sound of your voice a response is grunted, "Braiiins!" A zombie stumbles around the corner axe in hand.

Do you:
A) Attack with pitchfork
B) Attack with flaregun
C) Attack with shotgun
D) Tire of this and go for a melee TNT battle

Player chooses:
A) Attack with pitchfork
The zombie performs an overhead swing which you block by catching the bar of the axe with the handle of your pitchfork, throwing the zombie off balance, you then bury all 4 prongs into its chest cavity, twisting slightly and then shaking the flesh off.

Walking forward into the vestibule you see 2 entrances into what looks to be the main room of the building, you hear a sound behind you. Do you turn around?

Player says:
Yes
You turn around just in time to step out of the way of the zombie's axe as it strikes the tile sharply, you thrust the pitchfork high into his chest, catching in the collar bones, it hoists the creature off the ground and into the wood of the doorway. Screaming in obscene pain you thrust a bit deeper, then out slightly and violenty up as it rips the muscle tissue from his shoulders and shreds the neck as the head tears off and falls into the curve of the pitchfork as the body collapses, letting loose its spray. You draw the head resting on the pitchfork close to your face and sniff lightly. "Mmmm, kool-aid." You then toss the head from the pitchfork as it slings into the main room with blood still trailing from it. You hear a voice shout "Exim'ha!" in surprise and impulsively fire a shotgun at the sudden motion of the head. There are more waiting.
leileilol

o^_^o

Posts: 548
Joined: Fri Sep 10, 2004 11:33 pm

Post by leileilol » Thu Dec 29, 2005 05:05 pm

> go dennis
> stab dennis with pitchfork
> eat dennis
Drakan

Necv Xouhkot

Posts: 1002
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2005 01:02 pm

Post by Drakan » Thu Dec 29, 2005 05:31 pm

You blindly toss some dynamite into the room.
User avatar
scar3crow
kvlt-anaatmanah
Posts: 386
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2005 06:22 pm
Contact:

Post by scar3crow » Thu Dec 29, 2005 06:32 pm

Blood sprays the wallpaper like some abstract art, only this is actually worth watching. You hear cries of pain and see a few loose chunks tumble into the vestibule. You step in through the right entrance and see a line of pews. Up in the front is an altar or table of sorts and a few wreaths. To the far right is a drawn curtain. There are levels on your left and right half a story above where you are standing, though not necessarily immediately accessible without a little effort.
User avatar
Necrosis
Bubble Wrap Man
*not Canadian*
Posts: 1242
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 01:38 am
Location: In The Flesh
Contact:

Post by Necrosis » Thu Dec 29, 2005 06:48 pm

Examine the altar, preparing for goodies.
User avatar
RedFanatic
A More Tidy Caleb
Posts: 680
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2004 04:56 pm
Location: Somewhere

Post by RedFanatic » Thu Dec 29, 2005 08:25 pm

you stand up grasping the abandoned pitchfork by the edge of the grave
call me an old romantic but i always thought that caleb was buried with
the pitchfork becase it was ophelias, sorry that was :offtopic:

so examine the first pew for a trigger and pull out a bundel of TNT
User avatar
Necrosis
Bubble Wrap Man
*not Canadian*
Posts: 1242
Joined: Thu Jul 21, 2005 01:38 am
Location: In The Flesh
Contact:

Post by Necrosis » Thu Dec 29, 2005 08:32 pm

You can't edit my choices! :evil:

Eh, might make it more interesting anyways, if a little (scratch that, a lot) more dangerous...
Post Reply