How i run Blood 1

Discuss and hash out the Blood universe here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

Post by Guest »

You sir, are a gentleman and a scholar. Thank you that works perfectly!

So:
Can now play at higher resolutions
Sound is perfect
No more keyboard lag

Excellent! :twisted:
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

Hmm, I wonder who that guest was, and who he/she was talking to. Probably a "he." ;)

If I was the one to whom you were speaking: Thank you, and you are quite welcome. :)

Willis wrote:
Slink wrote:Doods, do you still have that boot disk? May I cop a copy of it? :D Could Willis maybe post the disk on buildxp?
Unfortunatly, adding a bootdisk without versitle sound support to buildxp would only cause me massive support email headaches.
Willis, whatever the case, how did you guys take care of mouse support? And I suppose there is some way to enable basic TCP/IP for CAT5e ethernet cards? What about enabling sound, etc., you would need specific drivers for each card, right? I would love some help with this one.
Thanks,

-Slink

EDIT: Quickening, I'm glad to hear that everything slid into place. :D
Last edited by Slink on Mon May 22, 2006 09:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Quickening
Axe Zombie

Post by Quickening »

Heh, yeah it was me just incase you were being serious :P
Icer
Axe Zombie

Post by Icer »

sorry to bump but when i did this, i put it into a bat file and it comes up!
but... it comes up for not even a second and shrinks down to my taskbar, i can always click on it for it to come back up, but it always shrinks back down. DAMMIT!
RedFanatic
A More Tidy Caleb

Post by RedFanatic »

Sorry dude if the process i outline at the start off this Topic fails im
stumped, so far it's never given me problems :shrug:
Mati

Post by Mati »

I found this method perfect, except for the fact that I cannot for the life of me make the cutscenes work.

Whatever shall I do?
Ransu
Cheetah

Post by Ransu »

Make sure it's updated. I had a non-updated version working using this method and the cutscenes didn't play.
StIwY
Cultist

Post by StIwY »

DOOMLancelot wrote:Make sure it's updated. I had a non-updated version working using this method and the cutscenes didn't play.
I think that the guide isn't no more useful now when the boys of DOSBox have published v0.70 ... :twisted:

By now creed that all have a sufficiently powerful PC in order to make to go it with DOSBox .....and he is also simpler to make than the guide.

Personally i playing Blood with a poor p4 3,2ghz, DOSBox, mounting CD drive naturally for soundtracks and clips, 640x480 fullscreen.....absolute perfect ;)
rib

Post by rib »

thaks for this guide, i finally can play blood in full speed and high res thanks to you. the only problem now is that i dont have cd music.
when im running blood with dosbox, the music is there (but the games runs to slow due my 1.2gh cpu notebook).
anyone knows how you get cd audio working with this way?
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

I still need to actually do this to verify it, but you could try and get the CD initialization commands out of the the Window98 Bootdisk and load it into your dosbox.config file.

You could also get one of the virtual CD programs for DOS and load an ISO copy of your CD with it. There are quite a few tools to be found at that Bootdisk.com and Freedos.org

Post by Guest »

well im running the game in win xp like described in the first post. so i dont think using a dosbootdisk will help in this case.
DustyStyx
2D Artist

Post by DustyStyx »

Sorry, I was a little unclear.

DOSBox is effectively it's own machine, what you have access to in Windows doesn't really matter to an application that is running on DOSBox, it may as well be on another machine. You will have to tell DOS in DOSBox how to access your hardware.

I linked to the 98 boot disk because it has the programs needed for DOS to find your CD-ROM and access it.

rib

Post by Guest »

um, i think we still misunderstand each other, im not running the game with dosbox at all because it would run to slow with dosbox.
i have installed the game on win xp and running it like described by RedFanatic. im at the point everything works perfect and only the music, neither midi or cd music does play. any idea?