the best classic bloodbath map

Discuss and hash out the Blood universe here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

bb1 - The Stronghold
13%
bb2 - Winter Wonderland
17%
bb3 - Bodies
30%
bb4 - The Tower
4%
bb5 - Click!
13%
bb6 - Twin Fortress
9%
bb7 - Midgard
No votes
bb8 - Fun With Heads
13%

Total votes: 23
predator
Lead Mapper

Post by predator »

Vote for your favorite bloodbath level from Blood. You may choose from 8 classic gory maps.
I vote for Winter Wonderland.
Gila
Ye Olde Bloodite

Post by Gila »

this one is a damn hard poll, since Blood has a bunch of nice deathmatch levels, actually.

bb1 - The Stronghold
i love it by all means, it has tons of passages, some bit of that "alpha build" feel, and it seems that it was done along together with the first shareware episode, where they put in most of the details. superior level of them all, too bad that it's too big for two people.

bb2 - Winter Wonderland
another great big piece of level, excellent design. this is the only level that uses the gray stone and small face fireplace texture! no wait, was it the stronghold... doesn't matter. great map.

bb3 - Bodies
i voted for this one since it's pure genious - and very very simple. croweater (the designer) must be really proud of it. i fragged many people here, and it's one of the most popular maps if you ever talk to someone who deathmatched in blood alot.

bb4 - The Tower
never played this map alot, too vertical levels aren't good for build engine, so i can't say i like it. great lightning though.

bb5 - Click!
another not so favourite level. never had a chance to examine it well, so i probably will be lost in it since it's so f*** brown and no other colors.

bb6 - Twin Fortress
this is an awesome map for the ctf, and this is a great example of how maps should be in the quake's mod "team fortress", i remember that mod had alot of s*** maps at the beginning of it's life. also twin fortress i think is bad for deathmatch because of exploding fun and, well, i don't like to deathmatch in it...

bb7 - Midgard
another awesomness, coolness, and again - simple. this rivals "the bodies"! except it's more of a vertical map...

bb8 - Fun With Heads
stadium map. ah well, i remember duke3d had one of such, except it was much much simpler... without the showers! anyway, alot of open space is bad - no covers, no traps to set, no place to hide and camp... sort of rocket arena, if you ask me. heh. nonetheless, a good map!
predator
Lead Mapper

Post by predator »

Yeah, I agree - this is a hard choice.

I also love stronghold and bodies, those, with winter wonderland, are my favorites.
I also like click! and midgard very much, but winter wonderland just leaves them all behind. Snow, wind, dripping water sounds, lake in the center, cool fireplace... man, nothing compares to ww. :D
Toddd
Axe Zombie

Post by Toddd »

Bodies and Twin Fortress are my favourites.
Bodies was always the best for 2-4 players but I also rember spending endless hours with friend playing deathmatch on Twin Fortress. It was so much fun to fill "your" fortress up with booby traps and the walk over to the enemy's and hunt him down :-)

I still voted for bodies, though.
Willis

Master of the Mask
Lead Programmer

Post by Willis »

bb8 - Fun With Heads

No question in my mind. 4 player lan on BB8 was the best!

large open spaces for lots of fun with napalm, locker rooms trickery with proximity mines. Its impossible not to bathe in blood in this level, and what would a blood bath be without that?

And kicking heads into the goal is fun too! We should update the map to have a working scoreboard! 8)
Daedalus
The Dreaming God

Post by Daedalus »

Hey guys! Of course, they're all good, but The Stronghold has no equal!

I think that Winter Wonderland has the best atmosphere, but man... Gila, you hit the nail on the head... the Alpha Blood runs strong in The Stronghold's veins!
predator
Lead Mapper

Post by predator »

Willis wrote:We should update the map to have a working scoreboard!
Yes, definitely. Unfortunately we can't at this moment. This would require a bit of coding.
All we can have now is on-screen messages.
leileilol

o^_^o

Post by leileilol »

Either Twin Fortress or Bodies.

Twin Fortress is fun with your brothers indeed ^_^
RottKing
Axe Zombie

Post by RottKing »

Mmm, tough choice, although I'd have to go with Click!, that level is just priceless....
Kazashi
Shadow Warrior

Post by Kazashi »

As much as it pains me to say this *cough*, I agree with Cheapy. I like Bodies for its relative simplcity and small size, yet being able to create a good amount of playing area. Plus it looks really good with the updated textures!

Our Twin Fortress games usually started off as CTF, but always degenerated into a bloody free-for-all; it didn't matter whose side you were on so long as you got something to bleed. Again, not a complex map. Oh, and it has those funky turrets and mines :twisted:
predator
Lead Mapper

Post by predator »

Poor Tower, nobody likes it. :cry:
leileilol

o^_^o

Post by leileilol »

LOL Twin Fortress was the main inspiration of the 4DBASE1 map for 4D Shooter. Heh.
Daedalus
The Dreaming God

Post by Daedalus »

Agreed, Predator! I was thinking the same thing... Tower is cool... just... not my favourite! :)
predator
Lead Mapper

Post by predator »

Yeah, Tower is a blast!

I also made a Q3 version of this map and it just rocks.
Very brutal experience.:D
Ra_Ra_Gazaa
Resident Phantasm

Post by Ra_Ra_Gazaa »

I've had the most fun playing in "The Stronghold."