Monster Melee Weapons

Discuss and hash out the Blood universe here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

mouth
Acolyte

Post by mouth »

Ðædalu§ Ðeathmask wrote:The Impact Hammer?
yeah that's it :)
Slink

Not to be a dick, but...

Post by Slink »

What WAS the secondary? Was there one in the alpha? I always thought it would be cool if you could javelin the pitchfork. :)

-Slink
frightfan
Caleb's Bootlicker

Post by frightfan »

I think a great alt fire mode for the pfork would be to use it like pitchforks are intended - to pitch things over behind you :)
Drakan

Necv Xouhkot

Post by Drakan »

Frightfan wins.
Daedalus
The Dreaming God

Post by Daedalus »

I think I agree.
frightfan
Caleb's Bootlicker

Post by frightfan »

Drakan wrote:Frightfan wins.
Why thank ya!

How I imagine it:

You jab the pfork out hard and fast, sticking the enemy in the midsection. Then you lift the bugger up and heave him over your head. Damage would result from the jab, the lift and the rough landing. Landings can be VERY rough if the victim is thrown far, like over a ledge.

After you jab the victim, you 'pause' (briefly) to brace yourself for the weight, then as you lift them your POV follows the end of the pfork. This pause and change in POV would serve as a balance for this powerful move, since it's always dangerous to take your eyes off the 'playing field'. Balancing this move would be crucial, otherwise it might become too tempting to constantly repeat this alt fire.

The throw can be interrupted by anyone who shoots the attacker during the process. The attacker is then forced to 'let go'.

If there were ragdoll physics involved, it would also just be freakin hilarious!
Meow

Post by Meow »

The alt fire for the scythe should shoot a little skull, just like what the phantasm shoots.
Drakan

Necv Xouhkot

Post by Drakan »

Good call. But maybe with ammo available from the phatasms or better yet - a charge up time or whatever. So the player's not constantly relying on the scythe's alt fire when deprived of ammo. Something like that...

Frightfan: Ya welcome mate!
Caleb
Rat

Post by Caleb »

I like the idea of being able to throw the melee weapons then pick up others to replace it. I think it would be a cool gameplay mechanic for a mod where you could set up specific events for it.
Drakan

Necv Xouhkot

Post by Drakan »

You could even have that "kaktou" mod. In ut, the players used their fists instead of those cheesy hammers, and you could actually do combos, if I remember well...

Look it up some time.

That'd make a good mod, with melee weapons replacing the standard.
bravez
Rat

Re: Monster Melee Weapons

Post by bravez »

Ra_Ra_Gazaa wrote:What do you think about the monster's melee weapons (such as the axe, the cleaver and the scythe)? Do you think they should be obtainable like the cultist's shotgun and the fanatic's tommy? What effect do you think they might have on Blood's overall weapon choice?

And no, I'm not trying to discard the pitchfork.

Now I know that axe belongs to monster's melee weapons.