LOI Remake Bugs

Discuss and hash out the Blood universe here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

DwayneA
Zealot

LOI Remake Bugs

Post by DwayneA »

I got some private messages from one Bloodlite here on the Transfusion Forum telling me about a couple of bugs he found.

1. In Scourge of Humanity, in the Shrine of Elemental Destiny level, in the earth section with the walls that crush you from the walls and the five switches to activate, the door will not open even when all five switches have been opened.

2. In Unfinished Business on Well Done Difficulty, in the Underhalls level, near the end with the four symbol switches, switch #4 does not change and is stuck.

I was wondering if anyone else has experienced these bugs? If a lot of people are experiencing them, it may be an oversight on my part. I may need to correct them and upload new versions of the game. (Or just the maps)

Also, if anyone else finds any other bugs in either game, post them here and let me know!
DwayneA
Zealot

Re: LOI Remake Bugs

Post by DwayneA »

It turns out that the bug in the Underhalls level of Unfinished Business is an oversight on my part! (sorry!). Anyway, for those who downloaded the game, I've uploaded a corrected version of the map to Blood Freeminded. Download it at:

http://blood.freeminded.de/index.php?se ... aps&id=577

While I'm at it, maybe I should try to see what I can do about that bug in Shrine of Elemental Destiny.
DwayneA
Zealot

Post by DwayneA »

Sorry it took so long to everyone who downloaded and played Scourge of Humanity, but I have corrected the errors in Shrine of Elemental Destiny that prevented two doors from opening even after activating all the switches in the area. The first is in the area with the crushing ceilings, floors, and walls. The second is in the Hedge Maze. Download the updated map at:

http://blood.freeminded.de/index.php?se ... aps&id=578
Manhs
Cultist

Post by Manhs »

Thanks, ,im at e2m5 now ^^ i have used some saves in e2m3 because it crashed a little, at least, it was a good reason to be helped by the save since the pillars part was really dangerous :cry: xD
e2m5 looks really cool! :D

Is it better to put:
output=overlay
or
output=opengl
in the cfg of BLOOD/Dosbox ?
DwayneA
Zealot

Post by DwayneA »

I haven't tested that.
Corvin
Cultist

Post by Corvin »

not sure why you would want overlay.
I have a dosbox emu setup guide where i suggest some settings if you want to read it at my site.
It works perfectly here and I tested different configs.

EDIT: Here's the exact page at my site you may want to read.
http://www.r-t-c-m.com/knowledge-base/d ... oxemu.html
Last edited by Corvin on Sat May 27, 2017 02:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Manhs
Cultist

Post by Manhs »

Ok, i will check it !
DwayneA
Zealot

Post by DwayneA »

what is your web site Corvin?
Corvin
Cultist

Post by Corvin »

Corvin
Cultist

Post by Corvin »

I just noticed you linked two downloads Dwayne, it's best if you re upped the entire archive with the fixes in it. Most people will miss the separate fixed files. Just a thought.
DwayneA
Zealot

Post by DwayneA »

Bloody Repo has updated their file for Unfinished Business to include the fix. The 2017 Map Pack has also been updated to include both fixes. I've also uploaded both fixes on Moddb.
Corvin
Cultist

Post by Corvin »

okay. Sounds better that the repo updated the entire archive. NoOne is pretty good with that stuff.

What is the 2nd patch(fixed map) archive for? Is it for the add-on you released 5 years ago?
DwayneA
Zealot

Post by DwayneA »

yes it is. It says so on Blood Freeminded when you click on it that it's for Scourge of Humanity./