Spreading the Word of LOI2's Release

Discuss and hash out the Blood universe here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

Corvin
Cultist

Re: Spreading the Word of LOI2's Release

Post by Corvin »

Yes. This is the site/forum
Legend is the owner of Blood Line. His download section is faulty and offline, but he can post news for you.

http://bloodline.eu/
DwayneA
Zealot

Post by DwayneA »

Downloads are still kind of slow at freeminded and the bloody repo. And even though it's been five years since I released LOI1, it has nowhere near as many downloads on the moddb as Death Wish.

Also, I was wondering if anyone who downloaded off freeminded could upload more screenshots. So far there is only one, but I think with more it could help improve downloads.
VGames
Acolyte

Post by VGames »

To get more exposure at ModDB you need to release a news article letting everybody know that your mod is out. Put as much text into it as possible and include a video of your mod and 3 or more screenshots to get headlined on the main page. You'll get lots of action that way.
DwayneA
Zealot

Post by DwayneA »

How do I make a news article on Moddb? Also, some guy is going to make a video playthrough of the game.
VGames
Acolyte

Post by VGames »

On your mod page click on the "articles" button and then press the "+" button. Then fill out the blanks. It's very easy.
DwayneA
Zealot

Post by DwayneA »

I wrote an article and submitted it to Moddb, but it's been archived. They say it needs about four images or a video.

This is what I wrote:

Blood for Monolith Productions is one of the most well known first person shooters ever made. Even today, it has a very large fanbase as bloodlites continue to make new maps or episodes. The names of some of the most popular are well known. Rage Against The Machine. French Meat. Death Wish. In 2012, Dwayne Anderson released Scourge of Humanity, the first part in the remake for Legends of Iconoclast, the largest known mod for blood.

Legends of Iconoclast was known as one of the few mods for blood that added new content such as new music and new sounds. The majority of its levels were set in a medieval society with a story combining the elements Blood was known for and fantasy. Scourge of Humanity made many changes to certain maps from the original and others were replaced altogether. Many changes were made to the story as well. The quality of level design was improved. The result was a game that is considered by many to be superior to the original trilogy released by Dwayne Anderson more than a decade ago.

On May 7th, 2017, five years after Scourge of Humanity was released, Dwayne Anderson released the long-awaited sequel entitled Unfinished Business.

The story for Unfinished Business picks up where Scourge of Humanity left off. Two months following the dissolution of the curse that long imprisoned its people in stone, the realm is suddenly under siege by the Scourge, the army raised by the misanthropistic villain of part 1, Garibaldi. The death of their founder has done nothing to stop them. Now they are stranded in the realm, bent on reclaiming what was taken from them, and exacting revenge against the traitor responsible for their current plight and the downfall of their benefactor. The protagonist, the Romanian gunsmith Logan is summoned back to the realm to aid the people in their time of greatest need. Realizing that he has unfinished business to attend to, Logan must prepare himself for the fight of his life.

Like Scourge of Humanity, Unfinished Business offers twenty-eight levels of action set within war torn cities, forests, caves, deserts, canyons, castles, cathedrals, crypts, mansions, a fortress, and finally a castle floating among the clouds. It also has more new sounds, new music, and a powerful new story.

Legends of Iconoclast 2: Unfinished Business can be downloaded here at the Moddb in the section for Monolith Production's Blood. The game can also be downloaded at the Bloody Repo or the Blood Freeminded web site.
VGames
Acolyte

Post by VGames »

That's great but you need as many pics as possible and definitely a video. You'll get headlined for sure.
DwayneA
Zealot

Post by DwayneA »

I don't have what is needed to make a video nor do I even know how to.
VGames
Acolyte

Post by VGames »

Didn't you say somebody was making a gameplay video of your game? Use that one.
DwayneA
Zealot

Post by DwayneA »

as soon as it's ready...
VGames
Acolyte

Post by VGames »

You'll probably need to create a new news article when you use that video. They won't headline an old news article. Fill it full of words and pictures too.