Blood fan remake (Unity3d)

Discuss and hash out the Blood universe here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

OrdinaryFpsFan789
Rat

Blood fan remake (Unity3d)

Post by OrdinaryFpsFan789 »

Greetings Blood community!
I doscovered original blood not long ago, and felt in love with it. I am hobbyist game developer, and I was thinking of remaking original blood on Unity3d.

I know it is a monumental task to do, especially as a single developer, so maybe I end up doing at least first episode of the game. This will be my personal vision of how modern blood would've been look like.
I will probably use stock assets where I can, and original blood sounds and music. Here is the beginning of E1M1 I made so far:
ImageImage
ImageImage

I hope I will do complete E1M1 in a month, or two. Anyway tell me your thoughts guys.
Caleb88
Cultist

Re: Blood fan remake (Unity3d)

Post by Caleb88 »

I woke up today, smelled something AWESOME and followed this smell of awesomeness directly to the Blood Community and was NOT DISAPPOINTED! HELLYEAH!!! :guns: :guns: :guns: :guns:

Sir, as a hobbyist game developer myself who tried Blood Games several times, may I salute you for this great first work!
In my eyes...a lot better than a remake of the original maps would be brandnew maps that we don't know already....but that's only my point.
I hope you don't lose your motivation on this as many before (including me). There was a great Blood Remaker who used Unreal Engine 4, it looked superpromising and then suddenly nobody ever heared something of this project again.
I used ahomebrewed engine for my Blood remakes and...tada...never happened
The problem is that at the beginning the motivation is big but after some time the work turns into routine and people lay it down one day.
But this continous tries of fans trying to create modern Blood games is definitely a sign that one day it must happen! :D :D
I hope this one is you my friend!
OrdinaryFpsFan789
Rat

Thanks for encouraging words. Losing motivation is a huge problem, but I will fight this by making tasks smaller, like making e1m1 first. I might contact guy who makes ue4 remake, so he could share some models with me
OrdinaryFpsFan789
Rat

"Opened for business"

Made a facade for morningside cemetery
Caleb88
Cultist

Post by Caleb88 »

Oh please upload a playable version of what you have to Dropbox and give me the downliad link to try it. Pleassseeee
OrdinaryFpsFan789
Rat

There is nothing really playable yet, I think I will have something in a couple of weeks
VGames
Acolyte

Post by VGames »

Well this looks good. I pray you stick with it. Too many champions have come and gone without a peep leaving so many hopeful peasants hungry and desperate for news. Please do small tasks as you've said. That seems to help with monotony for me as well. Good luck and God speed.
OrdinaryFpsFan789
Rat

ImageImage
ImageImage
OrdinaryFpsFan789
Rat

Ok so I've made a video with all I have ready for now. There is not really much gameplay here, but atleast you can see how is everything looks in motion and check out the atmosphere.

I would've also ask you guys to help spread the word about this project on any communities you can, I would like to know more opinions of all blood fans.
Caleb88
Cultist

Post by Caleb88 »

VGames
Acolyte

Post by VGames »

Holy crap. That was awesome. Is there body dismemberment incorporated into this? I thought I saw an arm fall off of that last zombie. If so that is excellent.

I didn't see any blood splats though. Needs more blood and gore. Maybe visible body damage. Like body decals from wounds.

Also the attack animation for the pitchfork is too slow. Just an idea. Maybe add a primary attack and secondary attack for the pitchfork. Like the primary attacks consist of slashing animations. And the secondary attacks consist of slower but more deadly stabbing animations.

Excellent work so far. Keep it up.
OrdinaryFpsFan789
Rat

VGames wrote:Holy crap. That was awesome. Is there body dismemberment incorporated into this? I thought I saw an arm fall off of that last zombie. If so that is excellent.

I didn't see any blood splats though. Needs more blood and gore. Maybe visible body damage. Like body decals from wounds.

Also the attack animation for the pitchfork is too slow. Just an idea. Maybe add a primary attack and secondary attack for the pitchfork. Like the primary attacks consist of slashing animations. And the secondary attacks consist of slower but more deadly stabbing animations.

Excellent work so far. Keep it up.
Thank you! Yeah, there will be dismemberment system, and I will also add more body decals. Secondary attack for pitchfork is a cool idea, I didn't work on weapon much but I will think into this
VGames
Acolyte

Post by VGames »

Awesome.

Take our advice and you'll go far friend. Keep at it. So excited about this. Wish I could help but I'm tapped out. God speed.
Caleb88
Cultist

Post by Caleb88 »

:guns: :guns: :guns: Somehting primising!!
Manhs
Cultist

Post by Manhs »

Will you make the maps exactly like the original or are you gonna change some layouts ?
It could be cool to modify the map a little, for some new explorations except if the point is to make it really like the original !

Good luck ! :D