Shading

Discuss and hash out the Blood universe here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

DwayneA
Zealot

Shading

Post by DwayneA »

The person who reviewed the complete LOI2 Remake said that the one thing should should truly be improved is the shading, as he puts it: it looks homogeneous, even if it has improved since my early days as a mapper for Blood user levels. Can somebody give me some tips on how to shade walls, floors, ceilings? What are some good examples of shading and what maps should I be looking at for examples?
Corvin
Cultist

Re: Shading

Post by Corvin »

Where's the review posted for the remake?

There should be a few shading faqs around, you could even use another build games faq as a guide.
Or ask BME if he has anything written up. He knows everything technical about Blood.
DwayneA
Zealot

Post by DwayneA »

The review was included in his email to me. It included about what was good about each level and what needed improving. For most levels, he said the shading needs to be improved. For most maps, he said that put simply, the shading is homogeneous.
DwayneA
Zealot

Post by DwayneA »

I tried emailing BME, but I got a postmaster error. I don't think his email address works anymore. Is there another way to contact him?
Corvin
Cultist

Post by Corvin »

at The Bloody Repo you can contact him if you register with the site.

I'll try to see if I can contact him too.
Corvin
Cultist

Post by Corvin »

I got a hold of him, check your PMs
DwayneA
Zealot

Post by DwayneA »

I also got an email from him. I suggested maybe sending all twenty-eight maps and he can give me suggestions for each.
Corvin
Cultist

Post by Corvin »

I have to give it to you, for working so hard on those maps, and continue to do so.
I do hope BME could help in some fashion.

EDIT: BME said something about the gamma/brightness of the shading if adjusted would make the rest of the textures washed out, or something like that.
Was he able to help you out in any fashion?