Most atmospheric Blood levels?

Discuss and hash out the Blood universe here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Most atmospheric Blood levels?

Post by Tchernobog »

So I have just started playing through C3L2: Security Check Point as I continue with my Extra Crispy run and I just realized how, for me at least, that one particular level can be graced with the honour of being the most atmospheric level in Blood II. It is one the more actualized level concepts in the game, as it is one of the few areas where lots of individual attention was given to places such as the dormitories and the like. Plus whenever the music kicks in on that level I get a chill down my spine.

Thinking back on it, I think would give the same honour to E2M5: The Haunting when it comes to the original Blood, for much the same reasons as listed above. The first episode of Blood is undeniably the best in terms of creativity and sheer fun value, but the second still tops it in terms of atmosphere and sheer expansiveness.
VGames
Acolyte

Re: Most atmospheric Blood levels?

Post by VGames »

I always loved the meat packing plant in Blood 2. That map always had that grizzly atmosphere to it. Turning people into food is just sick. And the large area where they do all the butchering with the blood all over the tables and floors always stands out to me. The whole place just smelled like human beings at their worst. Using others to capitalize on their greed for more money.
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

On a slightly more pathetic note, I also must admit that whenever I am playing through C3L2: Security Check Point I always stop at the mop and bucket and press the taunt key until Caleb utters the line "They're gonna need a bucket and a mop when I'm done with you!" even though it sometimes takes over a minute for him to actually choose the right line. :oops:
VGames
Acolyte

Post by VGames »

Not pathetic. Epic. Even though it may take a while for him to say the right line. Would be cool if we could go in and add that line to be triggered once he got close enough to the mop and bucket.
Gila
Ye Olde Bloodite

Post by Gila »

are we talking Blood or Blood II?

in Blood II basically i liked everything that is like level 2, right after the first stupid train, that station and the surrounding city at night, the lighting, music, sounds, ambience, locations, all very cool and creepy; especially stuff like condemned tenement... i mean ok, it's "the future", but the buildings and everything else looks 'classic' enough. love that.

too bad the game was f*** s*** as a whole. mediocre at best.

if we are talking original Blood, there's far to many to mention... most atmospheric is episode one, for sure. it's also the most polished, of course.
VGames
Acolyte

Post by VGames »

I love the Condemned Tenements. I was just fixing to bring that one up. The Shining references were awesome. But calling Blood 2 pure crap I must disagree with. I wouldn't have modded it if it was.
N0t_mINe
Acolyte

Post by N0t_mINe »

*Removed as quietly and quickly as possible.*
Last edited by N0t_mINe on Thu Mar 26, 2015 04:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

I think you might have the wrong thread there N0t_mINe.
N0t_mINe
Acolyte

Post by N0t_mINe »

:shock: :oops:
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

:shooting: :headshot: :rip:

Justice is served.
dosgamer000
Acolyte

Post by dosgamer000 »

For Blood 1: There are quite a lot but if I had to pick only one, it might be one of the levels in Episode 4. Butchery Loves Company had the creepy mad laboratory theme down pat but there is an eeriness about Crystal Lake. Loved the forest theme of that level and it's a theme not very explored in Blood fan maps (Death Wish's Lost Highway is a good example of forest themed Blood levels.)

For Blood 2: Blood 2 was very ambient actually and C2L3: Sewage Treatment Plant was simply sublime. The music that Tchernobog mentioned is the same and it is a very good tune. The whole lonesome industrial vibe is strong and I love dark/urban settings. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o5U_RWN_zYw