a Blood creepypasta

Discuss and hash out the Blood universe here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Re: a Blood creepypasta

Post by Tchernobog »

Edmond Dantes wrote:No thanks, I'm too chicken.
But fine with rats, evidently. :P
dosgamer000
Acolyte

Post by dosgamer000 »

Edmond Dantes wrote:A load of garbage written by a very bored man who got sick of creepypastas.
I was never into creepypastas myself, mainly because most of them are too long to read. Now creepy videos can downright spook me if it's a good one. Although Barney in Blood enters a whole new world of fear. :shock:
Edmond Dantes
Axe Zombie

Post by Edmond Dantes »

Tchernobog wrote:But fine with rats, evidently. :P
Looks like I've been ratted out!
dosgamer000 wrote:I was never into creepypastas myself, mainly because most of them are too long to read. Now creepy videos can downright spook me if it's a good one. Although Barney in Blood enters a whole new world of fear. :shock:
Heheh yeah ^__^

The thing about creepypastas for me is that almost all of them consist of "dude I found this weird version of Sonic or Mario or Barney's Hide and Seek but it has BLOOD AND SKULLS and pentagrams and stuff and Mario keeps dying in absurd ways!" And in most cases, nothing ever actually happens (though there are a few good ones where the games actually talk to the player) but the disturbing content alone is enough to mess with the narrator's mind... which makes them come off as wusses, honestly.

I dunno if you ever watch Retsupurae, but for awhile they were doing a series called Crappy Pasta where they read and laughed at bad creepypasta stories. Here's a link to the whole playlist
dosgamer000
Acolyte

Post by dosgamer000 »

@Edmond Dante

Have you heard of The SCP Foundation? It's this paranormal series and it reminds me of creepypastas in the sense that it's very dumb but tries to be disturbing. A few games were made based on them but I DID play a good eduke32 map called "The Stairwell." Review and download here: http://taw.duke4.net/2012/05/duke3d/the-stairwell/

Slender is another silly online thing that's never scary. You can look up "Marble Hornets" an online series that features the Slenderman but it's 100% fake.
BEAST
Zealot

Post by BEAST »

VGames wrote:Well just to let you guys know Mormons aren't really Christians. They don't live by the word of God which is the Bible. They got their own word that was given to their founder by an angel. The true word of God actually warns us not to obey any scripture that's not in his book even if it was given to you by an angel. And this was written way before that guy got the new scripture from that angel. Cool stuff.
Many followers of the many sects of Christianity have said the same about each other, even though they agree on some things which they approve or disapprove. In the world today, it's more practical to cooperate with members of a rival faith than to shun them. Even King David had to work with the Philistines when he was on the run from Saul.
Tchernobog wrote:Incidentally, one of the key people behind Doom was a Mormon by the name of Sandy Petersen, who was actually brought in to replace Tom Hall, who was the mastermind behind Commander Keen.
I remember reading that from Masters of Doom. John Romero couldn't believe that someone who was devoutly Mormon could work on a game which would be seen as sacrilegious and obscene, but Sandy Peterson saw no problem with the game: he knew the demons were the villains. It's like a Fundamentalist having trouble believing that an apostate could be a morally upstanding citizen. I still remember in Sunday School at my Catholic Church when a guest speaker spoke against Diablo, and while I said that "It's not so bad," I wished that I had said, "Are you familiar with Milton's Paradise Lost or Dante's The Divine Comedy? That game follows the traditions of those famous works of literature. And what's wrong with creating mythological fantasies where people tread into the realm of their darkest fears, and conquer them?" That's how I view Doom, and I think Peterson may have understood that too.
Edmond Dantes wrote:I hope my thing didn't offend ya!

I was mostly just, like, most creepypastas are about a normally-innocent game like Mario being haunted and having blood and disturbing images in them, so I thought the perfect parody would be an already bloody and disturbing game being castrated. I kinda feel the execution could've been better. Not much practice with pastas.
I've only encountered this genre recently, such as the Sonic.Exe urban legend that ended up becoming a fan game. I don't why the term for it is called "creepypasta" (sounds icky), but it's an interesting style of horror urban legends. It's also an interesting approach to game design: what if you could design a game which made the player feel like the A.I. was aware of their presence, and that the game was finding new ways to suck them in? I've had dreams where NPCs personally addressed me instead of my player character, which made the game feel like it was more personal. Even the Ultima games have played with the idea of the villain being aware of the player, like in the intro to Ultima VII.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JfqOZlNxbfI

Personally, when I read you story Edmond Dantes, I thought of it as brainstorming for a possible Blood TC. Bloodites probably need more of Blood 1's code to pull it off, but doing a disgustingly-pleasant approach to Blood would be interesting to pull off. After playing Deathwish and Bloodlines, I think some of your ideas could work in Blood. If it can't be pulled off, I encourage you to do an artistic depiction of what such version of Blood would look or play like.
VGames
Acolyte

Post by VGames »

@ BEAST
Yeah David didn't work with the philistines. He converted over to their side and lost all connection with God. Not exactly a high point in his life. Its a complete waste of time to work with other faiths. One accord. If they don't believe in the truth then u should not work with them in anyway. Even Jesus will rebuke them when the time comes because they did not do what they were supposed to do even if they thought they were doing everything for him. I'm looking at u Catholic Church. By the way I use to be Catholic for like 24 years. Complete rubbish.

We need more of these reversed creepypastas.
Edmond Dantes
Axe Zombie

Post by Edmond Dantes »

dosgamer000 wrote:@Edmond Dante

Have you heard of The SCP Foundation? It's this paranormal series and it reminds me of creepypastas in the sense that it's very dumb but tries to be disturbing. A few games were made based on them but I DID play a good eduke32 map called "The Stairwell." Review and download here: http://taw.duke4.net/2012/05/duke3d/the-stairwell/

Slender is another silly online thing that's never scary. You can look up "Marble Hornets" an online series that features the Slenderman but it's 100% fake.
I actually really liked Marble Hornets, and tried out other Slender sagas like EverymanHYBRID and TribeTwelve (those being the big name ones, incidentally) and a few Slenderblogs.

Slender, unfortunately, ends up being a case of "I love the concept but hate the execution." Marble Hornets itself demonstrates my biggest issue--that Slendy-wendy-windy-woo starts out major, but is eventually reduced to a background fixture. By the third season, MH is all about a hunt for a serial killer and Slendy is only very tangentially involved. In the other two, Slendy gets relegated to occasional cameos as the plot starts to be about people having split personalities, and it just gets really stupid and boring.

What Slender sagas need is to remove all the B.S. and just focus on Slenderman, even if you have to expand or develop him more for it to work. I mean, think of Call of Cthulhu: From beginning to end, Cthulhu is the focus, no split personalities, no love stories, no hunting for bags some douchebag placed in parks, no user participation (not until someone made a PC game of it, anyway--and that was more Shadow Over Innsmouth anyway), and it worked. Slenderman stories keep pulling in all this unnecessary B.S. and it becomes clear that they're full of it and (in Everyman's case especially) are just gonna keep making it up as they go and never resolving anything, like the freakin' X-Files (confession... I hate the X-Files).

I've read a few SCP things and yeah, I agree with your description. I'd like to add too though that I have an issue with the whole SCP concept. Two, actually. First is 1) the technology they must need to contain these horrors can't be cheap, either to acquire, run, or maintain. Where do they get their funding? I would honestly expect them to lose funding at some point and thus all the horrors run loose on Earth, which would be more interesting, because 2) ... inherent in the sitch is that these people have already contained the horrors. Which doesn't always hamper the scare, but sometimes it does. And then there's questions like how they contained the guy who kills anyone who looks at him. And why the super-smart 8086 isn't on their staff (maybe he is?)

@BEAST - I agree, both for this specific case and most creepypastas at large: More of them deserve to be actual games. If I get actual art skillz I'll try to render it visually.
VGames
Acolyte

Post by VGames »

What else could be done like this? I mean what other game with an already violent theme could be reversed like this? Maybe one with Duke Nukem where the aliens are trying to take away the men of this planet and Duke doesn't really care. Like the government is begging him to help but he doesn't see the point.
BEAST
Zealot

Post by BEAST »

VGames wrote:@ BEAST
Yeah David didn't work with the philistines. He converted over to their side and lost all connection with God. Not exactly a high point in his life. Its a complete waste of time to work with other faiths. One accord. If they don't believe in the truth then u should not work with them in anyway. Even Jesus will rebuke them when the time comes because they did not do what they were supposed to do even if they thought they were doing everything for him. I'm looking at u Catholic Church. By the way I use to be Catholic for like 24 years. Complete rubbish.
I never heard that interpretation before. It's interesting, but that's not what happened. He didn't convert to the Philistine faith: he just served one of the Philistine kings as a mercenary and body guard for awhile. God still favored David over Saul, even when David fought on the other side. The only reason he went over with the Philistines was to survive, and he only left because the Philistine leaders didn't trust him. The Philistine king her served understood David's worth, and they highly regarded each other despite their differences in faiths. David still had to prove to his people that he could conquer their enemies with no hesitation, but that doesn't mean he didn't see the value in getting help from followers of a rival faith. After all, his army included soldiers who were not Jewish, such as Uriah the Hittite. A person who doesn't follow the same faith can still be genuine, honest, moral, and good person. And while The Bible had hundreds of rules against nonbelievers and idolators, it is interesting nonetheless to see the characters of The Bible having some regard for people of different faiths, and even having them live among them.

David was cursed by God for killing Uriah and taking Bathsheba, which resulted in a dead child, a raped daughter, a murdered son, a rebellion, another killed son, and another rebellion, but he still managed to retain his role as king and God's favor. That's pretty impressive for a biblical figure who had his share of vices.

I know I'm treading on dangerous ground here, but in this world, everybody of different faiths and cultures have to cooperate and work together. Maybe not perfectly, but it's better than demanding that everyone be the same out of interpretation of faith. The Puritans particularly acted upon that mentality, with grim results. Look at this forum: we all belong to different belief systems and cultures, and yet we still come here to discuss our love for the game Blood. Plus, don't we all agree that we want JoJo?

Sorry that I went off tangent like that. I've been studying First and Second Samuel for some time for scholarly purposes.

Let's get back to the original topic.
VGames
Acolyte

Post by VGames »

No I agree that we must all be peaceful towards one another. I'm not saying death to the non believers. Nothing like that. What i'm saying is having this its ok to believe what u want to believe attitude is all wrong. There's only one way to heaven. That's it. And that's not my interpretation its what it says in the good book. It tells u step by step how to get there. Maybe ill make a new thread here in the right place to discuss this more. I think u guys should all know exactly how to get there whether u believe it or not.

Anyways what about my Duke idea?
Edmond Dantes
Axe Zombie

Post by Edmond Dantes »

VGames wrote:What else could be done like this? I mean what other game with an already violent theme could be reversed like this? Maybe one with Duke Nukem where the aliens are trying to take away the men of this planet and Duke doesn't really care. Like the government is begging him to help but he doesn't see the point.
Or one where Duke Nukem is suddenly really respectful of women's rights and there's uber-feminists and the aliens are all energizer bunnies and he's anti-violence and denounces Mortal Kombat.

For that matter, a Mortal Kombat arcade cabinet where Shang T'sung is actually a Care Bear.

I just bought Blood II on GOG (it and Blood 1 are on sale right now) so maybe soon I'll have some idears.
N0t_mINe
Acolyte

Post by N0t_mINe »

VGames wrote:No I agree that we must all be peaceful towards one another. I'm not saying death to the non believers. Nothing like that. What i'm saying is having this its ok to believe what u want to believe attitude is all wrong. There's only one way to heaven. That's it. And that's not my interpretation its what it says in the good book. It tells u step by step how to get there. Maybe ill make a new thread here in the right place to discuss this more. I think u guys should all know exactly how to get there whether u believe it or not.
Vgames, you make it sound as if noone's allowed to post religious topics here. That's not true. If you keep it to the general chat, there's no issue rule wise. It's just not quite fair to the op is all. I only post about eggs because someone has gone off topic in a thread or has posted in a completly unrelated section. "If you don't have to honor the op or section heading, neither do I", is what I'm implying with that. I'll post in your religious subject if you wish, I'll even stay on topic ;)
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

As far as I am concerned it is just nice to see the forum be so active as of late. :)
VGames
Acolyte

Post by VGames »

Yeah we'll continue this in a proper thread. I want all of u to know the truth whether or not u believe it.

Back on topic.
Edmond Dantes
Axe Zombie

Post by Edmond Dantes »

Right, so now you've got me brainstorming more anti-creepypastas.

Howsabout these:

* Duke Nukem is still a womanizer... but he's also a Brony, and all the women are my little ponies. You know what? Forget this one, that's genuinely scary.

* A version of Blood where Caleb is a pacifist.

* "I found a weird version of Blood II: The Chosen at a yard sale... and IT WAS ACTUALLY GOOD!" [Yeah, I bought Blood II on a GOG sale and so far I'm not liking it at all, sorry about that]

* Shadow Warrior, except accurate to Japanese culture.

* Related to the above, Shadow Warrior except with a true-to-life depiction of being a ninja in Feudal Japan. So Lo Wang (who likely would have a different name because Lo Wang is more Chinese-sounding than Japanese) would have to do things like pretend to be a gardener and legitimately do his job, and during most days, nothing would happen to warrant his notice, but he'd be ready to pounce on anyone who tried to hurt his daimyo.

* A version of Doom where you're a Care Bear throwing candy at the demons and teaching them the power of caring.

That's all I got for now.