a Blood creepypasta

Discuss and hash out the Blood universe here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

VGames
Acolyte

Re: a Blood creepypasta

Post by VGames »

LOL great start. I like the one where blood 2 was actually good. Hopefully my blood 2 mod will change some peoples minds about the game.
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

VGames wrote:LOL great start. I like the one where blood 2 was actually good. Hopefully my blood 2 mod will change some peoples minds about the game.
In terms of personal enjoyment I already like Blood II just as much as the first, even though I do recognize that the original Blood is the better put together game. Blood as a whole is also very much indebted to the world building done in Blood II in any case, even if like everything else in the final product it was hampered by the lack of extended development time.

If Blood II was given its proper due during development and was not rushed out by the publisher, it could have been even better than the first. As it stands though Blood II is still one of my favourite games of all time, just from the sheer visceral thrill offered by the gunplay if nothing else, as well as the beautiful coloured lighting, the dark urban landscapes, and Caleb's larger than life character. Gideon is also a much better villain than Tchernobog, if I may be allowed to malign my own name a bit.
VGames
Acolyte

Post by VGames »

Yeah I love Blood 2. It was my first PC game that I actually bought. I had of course played all the greats on other peoples PCs so I was familiar with good FPS. And even though I was a bit let down with certain aspects in Blood 2 I still loved it. I've played it way more then Blood 1. I'm pretty sure it was the gunplay like u said already. That's one thing I don't like about Blood 1. The guns are just kind of bland.

Like I said hopefully my mod will get more people on board. Blood 2 is not a bad game. It was just rushed.
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

The original Blood is not a run and gun shooter. If you go into a room all guns blazing you end up dead. You have to think about what you are doing.

Blood II on the other hand lets you be a little more manic, with Caleb taunting all the way. Both have their advantages.
VGames
Acolyte

Post by VGames »

So true. I think I've always enjoyed 2 more because u can cut loose so much more. Like Doom. My all time favorite. In Blood 2 the guns alone just give u more power to do so.
Edmond Dantes
Axe Zombie

Post by Edmond Dantes »

To be honest I do feel like my negative appraisal of Blood II is kind of... presumptuous.

What I didn't like initially was how exaggerated everything was. I always imagined Caleb as a guy who didn't care if people lived or died unless they were his friends or loved ones, and was basically "he would kill an innocent IF there was something in it for him, otherwise why waste a bullet?" But now Blood II goes and has him as basically the Joker from Batman: blowing stuff up for kicks, actually liking the smell of sewers, and just about every line out of his mouth is just "look how crazy I am!" I'm not a huge fan of this kind of portrayal. Gideon too kinda comes off to me more like a parody of villains than a legitimate villain in his own right.

I also didn't care for the weapon play. Like, okay, Blood 1, it was fun to do things like stick a flare on someone then watch them ignite while running towards you... or even better, stick a flare on them, jump off their head and onto a high ledge, then watch them catch. Or throw dynamite into a group of six to ten zombies and watch them blow. Blood II so far has been more just the Mortal Kombat method of "everyone bleeds a lot when shot" and stuff like the flare gun works differently, no longer igniting people--instead they just drop dead with flames coming out of their body.

Also not a big fan of how Caleb can insta-die from STEAM.

That being said though, I am still playing it, and the more I play, the more it grows on me.

Hmmm.... getting back on topic, this gave me another idea for a Creepypasta. A version of Blood 1 where you play as Gideon, and Caleb is a godlike entity torturing him in a lot of ways, sort of like the Sonic.exe pasta (which had an actual game made of it)... except here it would make sense because, you know, Caleb. Hmmmm....

Okay, better one: You find out the hero of one some new popular-with-the-kiddies FPS like Halo or Call of Duty is going back and murdering the heroes of older FPSes, and Caleb is next!.... although I think the twist ending would be Caleb has remote detonators... (then again, so does Duke Nukem).
dosgamer000
Acolyte

Post by dosgamer000 »

I got a real nice anti-creepypasta for an old and somewhat lukewarm series called Galerians (I KNOW I am the only here who's played this - the whole series involves staying away from drugs and living a clean, non-depressing life where you don't have amnesia and you can't explode someone's brain with psychic powers. Also a bunch of messages about how atomic energy sucks and how we should all go green.

On Blood II (since it is a minor topic) I like it but it was dealt a bad hand. On Caleb, I still find him as an apathetic type who happens to get kicks just from destruction itself. On Gideon, he needed way more development. But more than anything, the Chosen needed to actually matter heavily in the story (no SP modes for them is what kills me.)
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

dosgamer000 wrote:On Blood II (since it is a minor topic) I like it but it was dealt a bad hand. On Caleb, I still find him as an apathetic type who happens to get kicks just from destruction itself. On Gideon, he needed way more development. But more than anything, the Chosen needed to actually matter heavily in the story (no SP modes for them is what kills me.)
In the game itself there was not enough of that sure, but that stuff is there, in the textual information. It provided a boon to fan fiction authors at least.

Oh yeah, creepypastas... um... Caleb gets attacked by mutant spaghetti?

:P
Last edited by Tchernobog on Mon Feb 23, 2015 07:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.
dosgamer000
Acolyte

Post by dosgamer000 »

Tchernobog wrote:
dosgamer000 wrote:On Blood II (since it is a minor topic) I like it but it was dealt a bad hand. On Caleb, I still find him as an apathetic type who happens to get kicks just from destruction itself. On Gideon, he needed way more development. But more than anything, the Chosen needed to actually matter heavily in the story (no SP modes for them is what kills me.)
In the game itself there was not enough of that sure, but that stuff is there, in the textual information. It provided a boon to fan fiction authors at least.

Oh yeah, creepypastas... um... Caleb's gets attacked by mutant spaghetti?

Or am I missing the point here? :P
I really wish more people would write for the Chosen. Especially stories that focus on Ophelia's view of Caleb. I believe you can write romance for two messed-up killers like Caleb and Ophelia. You just need a passionate writer who cares deeply for Blood lore. I used to write (crap, but still fan-fiction) but it's hard for some reason to be motivated to create fan-fiction, for me at least. Sometimes I can make a few lines and sometimes I cannot.
Edmond Dantes
Axe Zombie

Post by Edmond Dantes »

I've actually heard of Galerians. Aside from games there was an anime, wasn't there?

Also, how's this?

I walked into a pawn shop and they had a computer game. I took it home and played it, and suddenly I was glued to my keyboard and my mouse, staring at the monitor, unable to turn away, compelled to play and play and play, and I could not stop. The game had me. I starved, I thirsted, and still I did not stop.

The game was Blood and it REALLY WAS THAT GOOD

Was also tempted to use Might and Magic.
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

The only Build game I have ever gotten from a thrift shop was Redneck Rampage, sadly.
dosgamer000
Acolyte

Post by dosgamer000 »

Edmond Dantes wrote:I've actually heard of Galerians. Aside from games there was an anime, wasn't there?

Also, how's this?

I walked into a pawn shop and they had a computer game. I took it home and played it, and suddenly I was glued to my keyboard and my mouse, staring at the monitor, unable to turn away, compelled to play and play and play, and I could not stop. The game had me. I starved, I thirsted, and still I did not stop.

The game was Blood and it REALLY WAS THAT GOOD

Was also tempted to use Might and Magic.
Galerians was for PlayStation and a CGI movie was made of it called Galerians: Rion. First game got a sequel in Galerians: Ash for the PlayStation 2 but alot of people said it sucked. It suffers similar stigma to what Blood II endures from the fanbase, although Ash improved so much. I actually e-mailed the devs about that stagnant series a year or two ago but no reply. It would help that I knew Japanese first but...eh.

@Tchernobog: I remember getting Xenophage from a thrift shop but it wasn't build engine. It was a PC fighting game that had weird alien characters. Sucked at it but I liked "Worm" the most.

Let me try to make some pasta, shall I?

---

Upon inserting the installation disc, a warm sense of fanaticism overcame my body. Why? I do not know. Upon loading the game, I clicked on this odd sixth difficulty called "Pestis Cruento." Why was it here? I had installed no difficulty mods before hand...or did I? Regardless, I was mowing down cultists in many a color with ease but the final result was the same: red. But one strange thing I noticed was the lack of laughing dead cowboy and scat singing. "This is not good! AT. ALL." I sternly said in defiance against the holy Blood game. "I NEED CALEB NOW! RIGHT NOW!" And after that, I was teleported mid-game to an isolated mirror. My reflection? Robed. One eye. Red colored frabic.

This is it. Caleb was gone. And I...I was a Cabal member. To the left was a bloodied corpse of a hat-wearing gentleman. "Oh no..." I said, the fear consuming my soul as I began to preform CPR on the obviously dead cowboy who reeked of 100 year old alcohol. "Dear Tchernobog...I have killed my idol." This was the end. I had been absorbed into the Blood world but as a Cabalist stronger than Caleb himself. I would never hear his awesome one-liners again. I lit my TNT bundle but there was no throwing afterwards...

"Rest in pieces."
VGames
Acolyte

Post by VGames »

Awesome!!
The only thing that could have made this better would have been if u forced yourself to try and eat the bundle of TNT as the wick burned away. Like the whole thing all at one time.
dosgamer000
Acolyte

Post by dosgamer000 »

VGames wrote:Awesome!!
The only thing that could have made this better would have been if u forced yourself to try and eat the bundle of TNT as the wick burned away. Like the whole thing all at one time.
I figured one of the creepiest things would be to have Caleb die by the player's hand with no real explantion. I mean, that is absolute horror: Blood without Caleb. Yeah and then you would explode in a gory mess reminiscent of episode 3 from Blood (Cerberus.)
VGames
Acolyte

Post by VGames »

Very true.

Blood without Caleb would be horrible. What would be funny is if the Doom guy was in Blood and everybody kept expecting him to say some one liner but he never did. Like the monsters actually pause and look at him expecting something but nothing is said. And its really told from their point of view.