Trailer for new movie starring Stephan Weyte

Discuss and hash out the Blood universe here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

dosgamer000
Acolyte

Trailer for new movie starring Stephan Weyte

Post by dosgamer000 »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UI-7Ur5EOEw

Trailer for a German-made movie, staring Stephan Weyte. It's called FPS: First Person Shooter and it seems to be a horror film tribute to the FPS genre. Coincidence?

"Your pregnant wife Linda has been captured by a ruthless scientist, who created a devastating virus. To rescue her, you have to fight through the old rotten experimental clinic, armed to the teeth, one level after another right through the dark, decayed guts of this evil complex. unfortunately you don't have much time, at dawn, the whole area will be eradicated.
"

More info on the offical site here: http://www.fps-movie.com/index.html
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Re: Trailer for new movie starring Stephan Weyte

Post by Tchernobog »

Thank you for drawing my attention to this. 8)

http://www.blood-wiki.org/index.php/FPS ... on_Shooter
tekedon
Axe Zombie

Post by tekedon »

Nice! I was originally gonna record the voice-overs for this movie but I never got the time to do it, too busy with life. I recognized the lines. But since they got the real thing for this movie instead I guess it'll turn out even better :D
I Live...AGAIN
Cabal member

Post by I Live...AGAIN »

WOW :shock: :shock: :shock: What a great find!
The movie looks pretty cheesy but its soo good to hear Stephan's voice again. Here is the other trailer just for archive's sake because there is some different dialog:

Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

Thanks for pointing me to that first trailer Joe - hearing Stephan cackle again is indeed rapturous. :guns:

It would be interesting to see someone grab some voice clips from the film and put them into Blood/Blood II as a mod.
Victory
Rat

Post by Victory »

Now I have to see this. I need to look into it more. Glad you posted it, thanks!
dosgamer000
Acolyte

Post by dosgamer000 »

Found a review for the movie, and I thrown in the last paragraph from it. Link to full review is here: http://www.dreadcentral.com/reviews/fps ... ooter-2014
I will reiterate that I do think this movie holds some kind of entertainment value for those looking for a retro shooter nostalgia trip. The voice acting by Stephan Weyte is campy gold ripped straight out of the stuff Duke Nukem was made from, and honestly brings the entire production up another star. I just cannot stress enough that 88 minutes of a guy walking through the same two hallways is not what shooter fans remember with glee. A chainsaw should be used to mow through eager processions of flesh hungry ghouls, not picked up and used once for 20 seconds. On the scale of nostalgia inspired media, it’s certainly not the worst, but suffers from being either unable to attain that old school mayhem factor or completely missing the point of what made the classics enjoyable. An admirable attempt, but overall disappointing.
VGames
Acolyte

Post by VGames »

Tchernobog wrote:Thanks for pointing me to that first trailer Joe - hearing Stephan cackle again is indeed rapturous. :guns:

It would be interesting to see someone grab some voice clips from the film and put them into Blood/Blood II as a mod.
If somebody could get the voice clips I could add them to my Extra Crispy mod. Some of the stuff Caleb says in Blood 2 could be replaced. Or maybe i could figure out how to add more voice overs.
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

VGames wrote:If somebody could get the voice clips I could add them to my Extra Crispy mod. Some of the stuff Caleb says in Blood 2 could be replaced. Or maybe i could figure out how to add more voice overs.
Well, the problem for the moment would be getting hold of the film in the first place as it has not been fully released...

At any rate, welcome to the forum VGames and thank you for your work on Extra Crispy. :)
VGames
Acolyte

Post by VGames »

Oh ok. I haven't seen it yet so I didn't know about its release date yet. Looks cool though. And thanks for the nice comment. There's not a lot of people around who even play Blood 2 anymore so its nice when somebody tells me they like Extra Crispy.
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

VGames wrote:Oh ok. I haven't seen it yet so I didn't know about its release date yet. Looks cool though.
I just sent them an email expressing the suggestion I made in another thread about having a GOG.com release. We will see how they respond.
VGames wrote:And thanks for the nice comment. There's not a lot of people around who even play Blood 2 anymore so its nice when somebody tells me they like Extra Crispy.
We actually had a fairly active Blood II bloodbath going on last Halloween. So there are people who do still occasionally play it.
VGames
Acolyte

Post by VGames »

That's good to know. I'll have to get in on that if u do it again this Halloween. Never played any bloodbath on this old game. I only had dial up back then so I didn't even bother.
VGames
Acolyte

Post by VGames »

I just added the ability to play all of the singleplayer maps including the nightmare levels maps in cooperative mode with Extra Crispy. So if we do play on Halloween we got to do that.
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

So the film can now be purchased from Amazon on both Blu-Ray and DVD, although they all seem to be German imports in Region 2. It has the English audio track though.

Amazon:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/search/ref=sr_ ... =movies-tv

Amazon Canada:
http://www.amazon.ca/s/ref=sr_te_1?rh=i ... 629&lo=dvd

Amazon UK:
http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/search/ref=s ... 828&lo=dvd