Gideon Dead?

Discuss and hash out the Blood universe here.

Moderator: General Discussion Moderators

Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Gideon Dead?

Post by Tchernobog »

According to IMDB, Ted D'Arms, who played Gideon in Blood II as well as Admiral Akkaraju in Shogo, died of congestive heart failure on December 18, 2011 at the age of 74.

I have updated his Blood Wiki article accordingly.
http://www.blood-wiki.org/index.php/Ted_D%27Arms

:(
N0t_mINe
Acolyte

Re: Gideon Dead?

Post by N0t_mINe »

As a voice actor he was nearly ubiquitous. We've heard that voice so many times, often without relizing it, now it will be sorely missed. Good catch Tcherno.

RIP Ted D'Arms
dosgamer000
Acolyte

Post by dosgamer000 »

I actually read that Mr. D'arms passed like a year ago somewhere (I think a B2 review) but I brushed it off as misinformation. Then, about two weeks ago, I saw the Seattle Times article. Needless to say, it is a great shame and he will be dearly missed. I only knew him as Gideon but boy was it a voice that was very pleasant to listen to. You will be forever remembered Mr. D'arms, I wish his family and friends well. :(

To honor his role as the diabolical CEO Gideon and to his talent of voice acting, have this collection of quotes from Blood 2: The Chosen: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v04w98Q-60c

RIP Ted D'Arms, accomplished voice actor and soul of an important character to this series.
Tchernobog
Tchernobog's Love Child

Post by Tchernobog »

dosgamer000 wrote:I only knew him as Gideon but boy was it a voice that was very pleasant to listen to.
You should play Shogo at some point then. He is pretty good in that as well, one of the stronger members of the voice cast.
Edmond Dantes
Axe Zombie

Post by Edmond Dantes »

Of course Gideon's dead. Scott Pilgrim kicked his ass ;)

Serious mode: Sad to hear, altho I don't know if I've played any game this VA was in (I only just recently discovered the Blood franchise, after all)
dosgamer000
Acolyte

Post by dosgamer000 »

Edmond Dantes wrote:Of course Gideon's dead. Scott Pilgrim kicked his ass ;)

Serious mode: Sad to hear, altho I don't know if I've played any game this VA was in (I only just recently discovered the Blood franchise, after all)
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0195485/
Here's an IMDb entry for Ted D'Arms, you could scroll through his roles and maybe spot the games/movies he starred in. Stephan Weyte, Lani Minella, and other VAs have entries on there too. You may know this already but if you want to search up an actor's roles or the people behind a show/movie/game/etc., it's probably the first place to start.